|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Woman on the Dunes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a pissoir?
(a) A brothel.
(b) The front room of an apartment building.
(c) A public urinal.
(d) A private bathhouse.
2. What act does Manuel's wife perform for the circus?
(a) Lion tamer.
(d) Snake charmer.
3. What does Louis discover when he awakens the morning after making love to the woman?
(a) He has been brought back to his own house during the night.
(b) The woman has disappeared.
(c) The woman left him a note, asking him to come visit her later that day.
(d) He has dreamt the entire encounter.
4. How many girls promise to come see Manuel the day after they meet him?
5. Why is the mysterious woman not afraid of Louis swimming with her?
(a) She is attracted to him.
(b) She knows him.
(c) Louis knows that she is already married and cannot be touched.
(d) He assures her he has no intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of Manuel's loss of sexual desire?
2. What is Manuel's favorite way of arousing himself?
3. What is significant about the mysterious man standing behind the woman at the Russian's execution?
4. What else happens the second the man penetrates the woman, according to her story in "The Woman on the Dunes?"
5. To where does Louis follow the mysterious woman?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)