1. In what city does "Little Birds" take place?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) New York City.
2. Why is Manuel unhappy with the rooms he and his wife rent in the beginning of this story?
(a) There is not enough light to paint.
(b) It is too far away from his job.
(c) There are too many roaches.
(d) It reminds him of his childhood home.
3. What act does Manuel's wife perform for the circus?
(a) Lion tamer.
(d) Snake charmer.
4. When looking at the new apartments, what is the first sound that indicates the rooms are located across from a school?
(a) A nun's whistle.
(b) Schoolboys fighting.
(c) Schoolgirls shouting at recess.
(d) A schoolbell.
5. Why does Therese initially not care for the rooms in which Manuel wants to move?
(a) The rooms are dirty and uninhabitable.
(b) The walls are too thin.
(c) It is too far from her circus.
(d) It is located across from a school.
This section contains 5,183 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)