|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Jack Crabb when he finished speaking into the recording machine?
(a) He disappeared.
(b) He remarried.
(c) He sued the reporter for defamation of character.
(d) He died.
2. What does Jack think of Custer in his final moments?
(a) Custer got what he desearved.
(b) Custer is a saint.
(c) Custer made too many mistakes.
(d) Custer is a great man.
3. Who does Jack rediscover while out with his new friend in chapter 20?
(a) His niece, Amelia.
(b) His sister, Caroline.
(c) His wife, Sunshine.
(d) His wife, Olga.
4. What is the reason for the fight?
(a) Caroline was flirting with Wild Bill, Calamity Jane's beau.
(b) A stolen possession.
(c) Caroline was impersonating Calamity Jane.
5. What is frighteningly accurate about Jack's story?
(a) The time and place.
(b) The location of Custer's last stand.
(c) The names of the historic figures Jack met.
(d) The details of the Battle of Little Big Horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Lodge Skins say to the man he visits on the battlefield at Little Big Horn?
2. Where does Jack hide Sunshine and their son as the cavalry approaches?
3. Who is this person fighting with?
4. Why has Younger Bear saved Jack?
5. What symbols are interpreted by Jack for Custer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jack wake up? Who has saved his life? Why?
2. Who does Jack discover Younger Bear has taken for a wife?
3. What does Jack learn when he attempts to convince the leader of the scouts to tell Custer about the size of the Indian group they are following?
4. Who does Jack believe the prostitute is that Wild Bill has purchased for him in a local brothel?
5. What does Jack learn are the Seventh Calvary's two biggest enemies?
6. Why does Jack believe his killing of Custer after the attack at Washita would have altered history?
7. Why does Jack come to believe Caroline has gone insane?
8. What is significant about the name given to Jack's son with Sunshine?
9. What is the rumor about why George Custer has cut off his long hair?
10. Where does Jack go after the Battle of Little Big Horn?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)