|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack find in the bushes?
(b) His wife.
(c) Younger Bear.
(d) Burns Red in the Sun.
2. What is a heemaneh?
(a) A Cheyenne woman.
(b) A personal servant.
(c) A homosexual woman.
(d) Half man, half woman.
3. How do Cheyenne think of their horses?
(a) They are Cheyenne too.
(b) They are Earth's children.
(c) They are there to transport warriors only.
(d) They are potential meat.
4. Why does the Crow warrior stop in the middle of taking Jack's scalp?
(a) He sees Jack is white.
(b) He has pity on his age.
(c) He finds it funny to leave the boy only half scalped.
(d) He is attacked by Younger Bear.
5. Why was Old Lodge Skins band forced out of the larger Cheyenne band twice?
(a) Power struggles.
(b) Personality conflict.
(c) Old Lodge's Skins refusal to fight the white man.
(d) Fights over women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon is Jack accused of pulling on a school boy during a fight?
2. What item do members of the wagon train run out of, which they attempt to resupply in Laramie?
3. Where does Mr. Pendrake take Jack to discuss sin?
4. Who stops Jack and Caroline from crossing the river after leaving the carnage of the wagon train?
5. How do Cheyenne boys learn to become men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of punishment do Cheyenne use to teach their children?
2. What activity does Jack participate in to help him become a man?
3. Why does Lavender believe he is related to the Cheyenne Indians?
4. Who is killed during a fight with Jack? What has the dead man left behind?
5. What treaty does Jack talk Old Lodge Skins out of signing?
6. Why does Younger Bear give Jack a Crow warrior's scalp? How does Jack respond?
7. Why is Old Lodge Skins' band of Cheyenne separated from the entire Cheyenne tribe?
8. What shocks Jack about being back among the White culture?
9. Why did Kane, the shopkeeper, have to leave town?
10. Why does Old Lodge Skins tell Jack he does not have to participate in a fight with white soldiers?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)