|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jack's new, white wife?
2. How does Jack convince Burns Red in the Sun of his true identity?
(a) Tells him his nickname.
(b) Tells him of a gift horse he gave him at Powder River.
(c) Shows him a scar.
(d) Shows him a birthmark.
3. What does Jack promise the Pendrakes when he leaves?
(a) He will never reveal their identities.
(b) He will send money.
(c) He will come back.
(d) He will live a sinfree life.
4. Who does Jack find in the bushes?
(b) His wife.
(c) Younger Bear.
(d) Burns Red in the Sun.
5. What does Jack tell Younger Bear that he owes Jack?
(a) A drink.
(b) A life.
(c) A new hat.
(d) A new pony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pa's original profession?
2. Who is Kane?
3. How is the Crow warrior killed?
4. What job do the Comanches give Jack after taking him captive in chapter 12?
5. Why does a Crow warrior attack Younger Bear and Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Younger Bear to become enraged by Jack and to exclude Jack from the boys' play?
2. Who is killed during a fight with Jack? What has the dead man left behind?
3. How does Old Lodge Skins help his hunters kill an entire herd of antelope?
4. What activity does Jack participate in to help him become a man?
5. What type of punishment do Cheyenne use to teach their children?
6. What happens to Jack's family during a stage coach ride to Fort Leavenworth, Kansas?
7. Who suggests that Jack take an Indian wife? Who is his intended wife?
8. Why does Younger Bear give Jack a Crow warrior's scalp? How does Jack respond?
9. Why does Lavender believe he is related to the Cheyenne Indians?
10. What is important about the coffee the wagon train carries?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)