|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jack see selling liquor around the fort?
(a) His mother.
(b) His niece, Amelia.
(c) His brother, Bill.
(d) His sister, Caroline.
2. What item do members of the wagon train run out of, which they attempt to resupply in Laramie?
3. Who does Old Lodge Skins tell Jack he ought to marry?
(a) Old Lodge Skins' young daughter.
(b) A heemanhe.
(c) A Comanche captive.
4. Who does Jack fight at Plum Creek?
(a) Old Lodge Skins.
(b) Burns Red in Sun.
(c) Shadow that Comes in Sight.
(d) Younger Bear.
5. How do Cheyenne think of their horses?
(a) They are potential meat.
(b) They are Cheyenne too.
(c) They are Earth's children.
(d) They are there to transport warriors only.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job do the Comanches give Jack after taking him captive in chapter 12?
2. How has Old Lodge Skins lost his sight?
3. How is the Crow warrior killed?
4. Who claims there is gold in Colorado?
5. What job does Jack take soon after arriving in this new city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack see when he follows Mrs. Pendrake to the back of the store?
2. What shocks Jack about being back among the White culture?
3. What happens to Jack after the disappearance of his family?
4. What crime is Jack accused of shortly after returning to the White schools?
5. What activity does Jack participate in to help him become a man?
6. Why does Lavender believe he is related to the Cheyenne Indians?
7. Where does Jack go after leaving the Pendrakes?
8. What does Jack think of Mr. Pendrake's description of sin?
9. How do the Cheyenne teach their children?
10. What treaty does Jack talk Old Lodge Skins out of signing?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)