|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Custer cut off his hair?
(a) It got in his way.
(b) His wife had a dream he was scalped.
(c) The military told him to.
(d) His mistress preferred it that way.
2. How is Custer finally killed?
(a) A bullet in the head.
(b) An arrow in the belly.
(c) A fall from his horse.
(d) A bullet in the heart.
3. Why does Jack find himself in Kansas City?
(a) He is searching for his white wife.
(b) He is searching for his Indian wife.
(c) He is searching for Custer.
(d) He is searching for Caroline.
4. What happened to Jack Crabb when he finished speaking into the recording machine?
(a) He sued the reporter for defamation of character.
(b) He remarried.
(c) He disappeared.
(d) He died.
5. What is buffaloing?
(a) Skinning buffalo.
(b) Hitting someone on the head with the butt of a gun.
(c) Hitting someone on the knee with the handle of a knife.
(d) Killing buffalo.
6. Who does Jack come upon fighting in the streets when he arrives in Cheyenne, Wyoming?
(a) Younger Bear.
7. Why does Jack take the clothes of a dead American soldier?
(a) To sneak into the military camp.
(b) To move close enough to the soldiers to kill them.
(c) To escape the Indians.
(d) To look for his white wife.
8. Where does Jack hide Sunshine and their son as the cavalry approaches?
(a) In the river.
(b) Under buffalo skins in his tepee.
(c) In a ravine.
(d) Under a trash pile.
9. What happens to the three outlaws who robbed the train station in chapter 19?
(a) They are arrested.
(b) They die in a riding accident.
(c) One shoots the others.
(d) They drink themselves to death.
10. What Indians are preparing to battle against the Seventh Calvary?
(a) Cherokee and Crow.
(b) Sioux and Cheyenne.
(c) Apache and Comanche.
(d) Sioux and Apache.
11. What causes Jack's new friend to have fits of fright?
(a) Children screaming.
(b) Loud noises.
(c) Gun shots.
(d) Loud music.
12. How does Custer react when soldiers shot their own horses to take a more defensive stance?
(a) He orders the men to remount their horses and charge.
(b) He threatens to court martial them.
(c) He orders everyone to follow suit.
(d) He calls a retreat.
13. What does Jack and Sunshine name their new son?
(a) Morning Star.
(b) Little Man.
(c) Little Pony.
(d) Frong on the Pad.
14. Who is this person fighting with?
(a) Morning Star.
(d) Calamity Jane.
15. Who is Amelia to marry?
(a) A state senator's son.
(b) An Indian brave.
(c) A senator.
(d) A congressman's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Old Lodge Skins take with him on his journey?
2. What does Old Lodge Skins say to the man he visits on the battlefield at Little Big Horn?
3. Who does Jack find among the American dead, taking a scalp in chapter 18?
4. Where does Jack's friend invite him after a meal in a restaurant in chapter 20?
5. Who does Jack meet in Kansas City?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)