|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack run a bunco scam on a jeweler?
(a) To raise money to send Amelia to a good school.
(b) To raise money for Caroline.
(c) To pay for his search for his family.
(d) To pay Wild Bill back the money he cheated him out of at cards.
2. Who does Jack find among the American dead, taking a scalp in chapter 18?
(a) Little Horse.
(b) Burns Red in Sun.
(c) Shadow that Comes into Sight.
(d) Younger Bear.
3. What old friend does Jack meet with on his way to the Seventh Calvary's camp in chapter 25?
(a) Younger Bear.
4. What historical figure has an Indian name similar to Jack's son?
(a) Kit Karson.
(b) Wild Bill Hickok.
(c) Calamity Jane.
(d) George Armstrong Custer.
5. How does Younger Bear's wife treat him?
(a) She is reluctant to be touched.
(b) She often verbally abuses him.
(c) She is affectionate.
(d) She is docile and quiet.
6. Why does Jack want to find Caroline?
(a) A gun.
(d) A place to live.
7. What is frighteningly accurate about Jack's story?
(a) The time and place.
(b) The names of the historic figures Jack met.
(c) The details of the Battle of Little Big Horn.
(d) The location of Custer's last stand.
8. What ceremony does Old Lodge Skins perform?
(a) A funeral ceremony.
(b) A manhood ceremony.
(c) A wedding ceremony.
(d) His death ceremony.
9. Who does Jack come upon fighting in the streets when he arrives in Cheyenne, Wyoming?
(c) Younger Bear.
10. What is a second enemy to the Seventh Calvary's ability to survive?
(b) The Indian scouts.
(c) The military leaders.
(d) Themselves, infighting.
11. How many Sioux does Jack believe the Seventh Calvary are following?
12. Why is Custer in a hurry to engage the Sioux?
(a) To engage before a rival arrives.
(b) To keep the Sioux from disappearing.
(c) To engage before another force arrives and engages them.
(d) To keep travelers in the area safe.
13. Who does Old Lodge Skins take with him on his journey?
(b) Little Horse.
(c) Burns Red in Sun.
(d) Younger Bear.
14. Why does a man pull a gun on Jack's new friend in a bar?
(a) Becaue Calamity Jane was rude to him once.
(b) Because Wyatt Earp once arrested him.
(c) Because Wild Bill shot the man's brother.
(d) Because Kit Karson wounded him in a fight.
15. What job does Custer offer Jack?
(c) Herder or teamster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Jack when he collapses while traveling east along the Cimmaron?
2. How does Jack avoid being killed in a gunfight with Wild Bill Hickok?
3. Why does Jack need lots of money?
4. Who stops the fight that nearly leads to the whiskey sellers death?
5. Why does Jack find himself in Kansas City?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)