|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack have to take Caroline at the end of chapter 24?
(a) A home for invalid people.
(b) A hospital.
(c) An insane asylum.
(d) A brothel.
2. Why does Jack think Custer is crazy?
(a) Because he walks the battlefield without getting hit by bullets or arrows.
(b) Because he attempts to fight hand to hand combat.
(c) Because he charges alone.
(d) Because he refuses to retreat.
3. What is in the whiskey barrel that causes trouble in chapter 23?
(a) Snake eggs.
(b) Fish heads.
(c) Rattlesnake heads.
(d) Fish entrails.
4. Who is this person fighting with?
(b) Morning Star.
(c) Calamity Jane.
5. What does Lavender ask Jack to write for him?
(a) A poem to his wife.
(b) A will.
(c) A letter home.
(d) Symbols in the dirt to warn the Sioux.
6. How many Sioux does Jack believe the Seventh Calvary are following?
7. Why does Jack take the clothes of a dead American soldier?
(a) To move close enough to the soldiers to kill them.
(b) To escape the Indians.
(c) To sneak into the military camp.
(d) To look for his white wife.
8. What type of Indian artifact do the soldier encounter on the trail of the Sioux Indians in chapter 26?
(b) Death scaffold.
(c) Cooking implements.
9. Who does Jack refuse to cheat at cards after the first time in chapter 21?
(a) Wyatt Earp.
(b) Kit Karson.
(d) Wild Bill Hickok.
10. Who does Jack believe his sister Caroline has most likely married?
(a) Wild Bill Hickok.
(b) Kit Karson.
(c) Wyatt Earp.
(d) Frank Delight.
11. What music does Jack hear as his horse rears on a morning ride in chapter 18?
(a) Irish band music.
(b) A polka.
(c) Folk music.
(d) Patriotic music.
12. What does Old Lodge Skins do after the ceremony?
(a) He dies.
(b) He returns to the tribe.
(c) He smokes a peace pipe.
(d) He throws a party.
13. What happens to the three outlaws who robbed the train station in chapter 19?
(a) They drink themselves to death.
(b) They die in a riding accident.
(c) They are arrested.
(d) One shoots the others.
14. What does Old Lodge Skins say to the man he visits on the battlefield at Little Big Horn?
(a) He is a bad man who has paid a debt.
(b) He is a bad man and he is paying for what he did to the Cheyenne.
(c) He is a bad man who deserved much worse.
(d) He is a bad man who got what he deserved.
15. Why does Jack find himself in Kansas City?
(a) He is searching for his Indian wife.
(b) He is searching for his white wife.
(c) He is searching for Caroline.
(d) He is searching for Custer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Indian artifact do the Seventh Calvary come across on the trail to Little Big Horn in chapter 27?
2. Why does a man pull a gun on Jack's new friend in a bar?
3. Who does Jack meet while working at his new profession?
4. Who does Caroline believe Wild Bill wants to marry?
5. Who does Jack learn has died?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)