|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack think of Custer in his final moments?
(a) Custer got what he desearved.
(b) Custer made too many mistakes.
(c) Custer is a great man.
(d) Custer is a saint.
2. Who stops the fight that nearly leads to the whiskey sellers death?
(a) Wyatt Earp.
(b) Wild Bill.
(c) Younger Bear.
3. What Indian artifact do the Seventh Calvary come across on the trail to Little Big Horn in chapter 27?
(a) A stash of weapons.
(b) A death scaffold.
(c) A tepee.
(d) A sun dance lodge.
4. What does Jack do to earn a large amount of money in chapter 21?
(a) Mule skinner.
(b) Rob banks.
(c) Cheat at cards.
(d) Buffalo hunter.
5. How many Sioux does Jack believe the Seventh Calvary are following?
6. How does Jack avoid being killed by three outlaws during the robbery of a train station?
(a) He convinces them he is a Cheyenne Indian.
(b) He convinces them he has a large band of outlaws they can join.
(c) He convinces them he is a law officer.
(d) He convinces them he is an idiot, not worth killing.
7. What is buffaloing?
(a) Skinning buffalo.
(b) Hitting someone on the head with the butt of a gun.
(c) Hitting someone on the knee with the handle of a knife.
(d) Killing buffalo.
8. Why did Old Lodge Skins choose this person to accompany him?
(a) He is his wife's son.
(b) He is his best friend.
(c) He is his son.
(d) He is his adopted son.
9. Why does Jack want to find Caroline?
(b) A place to live.
(c) A gun.
10. Why does Jack take the clothes of a dead American soldier?
(a) To move close enough to the soldiers to kill them.
(b) To look for his white wife.
(c) To sneak into the military camp.
(d) To escape the Indians.
11. Why did Custer cut off his hair?
(a) His mistress preferred it that way.
(b) It got in his way.
(c) The military told him to.
(d) His wife had a dream he was scalped.
12. What happened to Jack Crabb when he finished speaking into the recording machine?
(a) He remarried.
(b) He died.
(c) He sued the reporter for defamation of character.
(d) He disappeared.
13. Who does Caroline believe Wild Bill wants to marry?
14. Who does Jack run into, selling whiskey out of a barrel?
(a) Younger Bear.
(b) His brother, Bill.
(c) His niece, Amelia.
(d) His sister, Caroline.
15. What special permission does Sunshine give to Jack upon his return home from visiting his childhood friends in chapter 17?
(a) To sleep with her three sisters.
(b) To take a second wife.
(c) To go on a long trip.
(d) To return to white civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack think Custer is crazy?
2. What is a second enemy to the Seventh Calvary's ability to survive?
3. What does Amelia tell Jack before the wedding?
4. Who does Old Lodge Skins take with him on his journey?
5. What does Old Lodge Skins say to the man he visits on the battlefield at Little Big Horn?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)