|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Younger Bear saved Jack?
(a) To save a friend.
(b) To protect his reputation as a warrior.
(c) To repay a debt.
(d) To win Old Lodge Skins' affection.
2. Why does Jack find himself in Kansas City?
(a) He is searching for Caroline.
(b) He is searching for Custer.
(c) He is searching for his white wife.
(d) He is searching for his Indian wife.
3. Who does Old Lodge Skins want to see on the battlefield?
(b) The Sioux warriors.
4. Who does Jack come upon fighting in the streets when he arrives in Cheyenne, Wyoming?
(d) Younger Bear.
5. What profession does Jack turn to after gambling and bunco scams?
(a) Mercantile owner.
(b) Mule skinning.
(c) Buffalo hunting.
(d) Bank robbing.
6. Who stops the fight that nearly leads to the whiskey sellers death?
(b) Wyatt Earp.
(c) Younger Bear.
(d) Wild Bill.
7. What type of Indian artifact do the soldier encounter on the trail of the Sioux Indians in chapter 26?
(a) Cooking implements.
(d) Death scaffold.
8. What special permission does Sunshine give to Jack upon his return home from visiting his childhood friends in chapter 17?
(a) To take a second wife.
(b) To sleep with her three sisters.
(c) To return to white civilization.
(d) To go on a long trip.
9. What tactics do the Sioux use as the Battle of Little Big Horn begins?
(a) Divide and concur.
(b) Guerilla tactics.
(c) Military organization.
(d) Frontal assault.
10. Who is Ralph Fielding Snell?
(a) The ficitonal writer/editor.
(b) Jack's son.
(c) Jack's nephew.
(d) The real writer.
11. Who does Jack refuse to cheat at cards after the first time in chapter 21?
(a) Wild Bill Hickok.
(b) Wyatt Earp.
(c) Kit Karson.
12. Why can the fictional writer/editor not verify the validity of Jack's story?
(a) There are no witnesses.
(b) There is no documentation of Jack Crabb.
(c) There are no pictures.
(d) There is no evidence of a Jack Crabb at Little Big Horn.
13. How long did Jack Crabb live after the Battle of Little Big Horn?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 77 years.
14. What happens to Jack's horse as he rides one morning in chapter 18?
(a) It is shot in the neck.
(b) It breaks a leg.
(c) It falls off a cliff.
(d) It chips a hoof.
15. Why does Jack put Amelia in a hotel?
(a) To give her a place to stay.
(b) To clean her up and turn her into a lady.
(c) To use her for his own purposes.
(d) To give her to his friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is this person fighting with?
2. What does Old Lodge Skins' companion build after the ceremony is complete?
3. Who does Jack meet in Kansas City?
4. What happened to Jack Crabb when he finished speaking into the recording machine?
5. How does Younger Bear's wife treat him?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)