|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does tatoimana mean?
(a) Brave Folks.
(b) Shy Folks.
(c) Banned Folks.
(d) Ugly Folks.
2. What is a Contrary?
(a) A warrior who does everything backwards.
(b) A child who refuses to behave.
(c) A husband who refuses to live with his wife.
(d) A wife who refuses to have children.
3. How do Cheyenne punish their children?
(c) Time out.
(d) Conditioning and shame.
4. What do the hunters do with the antelope herd?
(a) Kills only a few to feed the village.
(b) Lets them go.
(c) Kill those that were not killed in the confusion.
(d) Ignores them and hopes they will leave without trampling anyone.
5. When Jack returns from Ft. Leavenworth with help, what does he find in chapter 14?
(a) His wife and child have been taken captive.
(b) The Indians are still there.
(c) Everything is gone.
(d) His family is dead.
6. What is count coup?
(a) Count the number of enemy on the battlefield.
(b) Ride into the enemy and kill them with a knife.
(c) Count the number of dead enemies on the battlefield.
(d) Ride into the enemy and tap them with a stick.
7. What trail does the wagon train that the Crabb family joins take?
(a) Donner Party Trail.
(b) California Trail.
(c) New Mexico Trail.
(d) Utah Trail.
8. What does Old Lodge Skins tell Jack he dreamed of?
(a) Mrs. Pendrake.
(b) Soda shop elephant head spigots.
(c) Leather shoes.
9. What weapon is Jack accused of pulling on a school boy during a fight?
10. What does Jack do after losing his family?
(a) Spends all his time hunting the Indians.
(b) Spends all his money looking for his family.
(c) Becomes an alcoholic.
(d) Becomes a buffalo hunter.
11. What does Jack think of Mr. Pendrake's sins?
(a) They take the fun out of life.
(b) Old Lodge Skins commits them nearly daily.
(c) There is no God, therefore no sin.
(d) They are impractical.
12. Who does Jack see selling liquor around the fort?
(a) His niece, Amelia.
(b) His brother, Bill.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister, Caroline.
13. What happens to Jack when his business partners disappear?
(b) Great riches.
(c) Legal troubles.
(d) Financial ruin.
14. Who does Lavender believe he is related to?
(a) Cheyenne Indians.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) Crow Indians.
15. What bird does Burns Red in the Sun believe Jack turned into?
(a) A mourning dove.
(b) A chickapee.
(c) A robin.
(d) A swallow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the brave who fights the Snake people, or Comanche, in a story Old Lodge Skins tells Jack?
2. What character does Jack pretend to be to keep some Comanche Indians from killing him in chapter 12?
3. How do Cheyenne boys learn to become men?
4. Who stops Jack and Caroline from crossing the river after leaving the carnage of the wagon train?
5. What does Jack tell Younger Bear that he owes Jack?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)