|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a mule skinner attempt to whip Jack in Omaha?
(a) Jack is pretending to be a mule.
(b) Jack insulted him.
(c) Jack insulted his wife.
(d) Jack hit him first.
2. What item does Caroline use to protect herself and her mother from the Indians?
3. Why does the Crow warrior stop in the middle of taking Jack's scalp?
(a) He finds it funny to leave the boy only half scalped.
(b) He is attacked by Younger Bear.
(c) He sees Jack is white.
(d) He has pity on his age.
4. Who does Jack fight at Plum Creek?
(a) Younger Bear.
(b) Burns Red in Sun.
(c) Shadow that Comes in Sight.
(d) Old Lodge Skins.
5. What does Jack tell Younger Bear that he owes Jack?
(a) A drink.
(b) A new hat.
(c) A life.
(d) A new pony.
6. Who is Kane?
(a) Mr. Pendrake's assistant.
(b) Mrs. Pendrake's lover, the shopkeeper.
(c) The lay minister.
(d) The town doctor.
7. What part of an antelope does one of the braves force Jack to eat?
8. What new name does Old Lodge Skins give Jack after the Crow raid?
(a) Right-Handed Wolf.
(b) Antelope Man.
(c) Little Big Man.
(d) Partially Scalped.
9. How does Jack convince Burns Red in the Sun of his true identity?
(a) Shows him a scar.
(b) Tells him his nickname.
(c) Shows him a birthmark.
(d) Tells him of a gift horse he gave him at Powder River.
10. What bird does Burns Red in the Sun believe Jack turned into?
(a) A robin.
(b) A mourning dove.
(c) A chickapee.
(d) A swallow.
11. How does Jack do when he is returned to white schools?
(a) Well with the help of his adoptive mother.
(b) Poorly due to education differences from the Cheyenne.
(c) Poorly due to language difficulties.
(d) Well with the help of a teacher.
12. What gift does Jack give to Old Lodge Skins?
(b) Top hat.
(d) Cowboy hat.
13. Who does Old Lodge Skins tell Jack he ought to marry?
(a) Old Lodge Skins' young daughter.
(c) A Comanche captive.
(d) A heemanhe.
14. What expedition does Lavender claim one of his relatives traveled with?
(a) Poncho Villa.
(b) Louis and Clark.
15. What information does the soldier, Muldoon, try to get from Jack when he returns him to white civilization?
(a) Cheyenne battle methods.
(b) His experiences living with the Cheyenne.
(c) The location of the Cheyenne.
(d) The Cheyenne language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trail does the wagon train that the Crabb family joins take?
2. Who claims there is gold in Colorado?
3. What does tatoimana mean?
4. What is a Contrary?
5. What do the hunters do with the antelope herd?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)