|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, We Get Jumped.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack do when he is returned to white schools?
(a) Poorly due to education differences from the Cheyenne.
(b) Well with the help of his adoptive mother.
(c) Well with the help of a teacher.
(d) Poorly due to language difficulties.
2. Why does Jack get into a fight with one of the school children?
(a) Jack is unhappy in white society.
(b) The boy is smarter than Jack.
(c) Jack is only playing in the Cheyenne way.
(d) The boy teases Jack.
3. What else does Mr. Pendrake warn Jack about in their discussion about sin?
(a) The temptation of gambling.
(b) The temptation of rich food.
(c) The temptation of alcohol.
(d) The temptation of women.
4. What does Old Lodge Skins tell Jack he plans to do at Bent's Fort?
(a) Attack the soldiers.
(b) Sign a peace treaty.
(c) Buy flour.
(d) Sign away his lands.
5. Where does Jack settle in chapter 14?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) Santa Fe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Cheyenne think of their horses?
2. What information does the soldier, Muldoon, try to get from Jack when he returns him to white civilization?
3. Why did the Whites attack a Sioux village in chapter 5?
4. How do Cheyenne teach their children?
5. Who acts as an heemaneh to Jack?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)