|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Going for Gold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Old Lodge Skins band forced out of the larger Cheyenne band twice?
(a) Personality conflict.
(b) Fights over women.
(c) Power struggles.
(d) Old Lodge's Skins refusal to fight the white man.
2. How do Cheyenne punish their children?
(a) Time out.
(d) Conditioning and shame.
3. Who does Lavender believe he is related to?
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) Crow Indians.
(d) Cheyenne Indians.
4. What trail does the wagon train that the Crabb family joins take?
(a) New Mexico Trail.
(b) California Trail.
(c) Utah Trail.
(d) Donner Party Trail.
5. What job does Jack take soon after arriving in this new city?
(a) Guide for a mule train.
(b) Railroad worker.
(c) Buffalo hunter.
(d) Mule skinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the brave who fights the Snake people, or Comanche, in a story Old Lodge Skins tells Jack?
2. What does Jack promise the Pendrakes when he leaves?
3. How does Jack feel about Mrs. Pendrake?
4. How do the Cheyenne think they can overcome constant conflict with the whites?
5. How does Jack do when he is returned to white schools?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)