|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Adopted Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caroline decide to leave the Cheyenne village?
(a) She wants to live among white civilization.
(b) She wants to find her mother.
(c) The Cheyenne cannot be trusted.
(d) The Cheyenne are unwelcoming.
2. What is count coup?
(a) Ride into the enemy and tap them with a stick.
(b) Count the number of enemy on the battlefield.
(c) Count the number of dead enemies on the battlefield.
(d) Ride into the enemy and kill them with a knife.
3. What Cheyenne encouraged to do with their horses?
(a) Speak to them.
(b) Fed and shelter them only.
(c) Ride them often.
(d) Paint them for decoration.
4. How do Cheyenne punish their children?
(a) Time out.
(c) Conditioning and shame.
5. What does Old Lodge Skins have a dream about?
(b) The white soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pa's original profession?
2. What item does Caroline use to protect herself and her mother from the Indians?
3. What does Jack tell Younger Bear that he owes Jack?
4. What language does Pa believe the Native Americans speak?
5. What river do Caroline and Jack attempt to cross after leaving the carnage of the wagon train?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)