|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, A New Name.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caroline decide to leave the Cheyenne village?
(a) The Cheyenne cannot be trusted.
(b) She wants to find her mother.
(c) The Cheyenne are unwelcoming.
(d) She wants to live among white civilization.
2. What trail does the wagon train that the Crabb family joins take?
(a) Utah Trail.
(b) New Mexico Trail.
(c) California Trail.
(d) Donner Party Trail.
3. Who stops Jack and Caroline from crossing the river after leaving the carnage of the wagon train?
(a) Old Lodge Skins.
(b) Younger Bear.
(c) Morning Star.
(d) Shadow that Comes into Sight.
4. How do Cheyenne boys learn to become men?
(a) By emulating men.
(b) By growing older.
(c) By killing the white man.
(d) By learning great wisdom.
5. What part of an antelope does one of the braves force Jack to eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Lodge Skins have a dream about?
2. How do Cheyenne think of their horses?
3. How is the Crow warrior killed?
4. What item do members of the wagon train run out of, which they attempt to resupply in Laramie?
5. What item does Younger Bear give Jack when he is healed?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)