|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, A New Name.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pa's original profession?
2. Who is the brave who fights the Snake people, or Comanche, in a story Old Lodge Skins tells Jack?
(a) Snake Brave.
(c) Little Man.
(d) Shadow in Sunlight.
3. How is the Crow warrior killed?
(a) A Cheyenne warrior stabs him with a knife.
(b) Younger Bear scalps him.
(c) Jack shoots three arrows into his back.
(d) A stray arrow from the battle strikes him in the head.
4. Why does a Crow warrior attack Younger Bear and Jack?
(a) To take their belongings.
(b) To steal their horses.
(c) To take them captive and force them to grow up the Crow way.
(d) To stop them from helping the Cheyenne warriors in stealing their horses.
5. What does Old Lodge Skins do when a herd of antelope approach the prairie where he has been meditating?
(a) He runs the other direction.
(b) He kills one for his family to eat.
(c) He shouts to make them leave.
(d) He calms the leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Lodge Skins think will eventually happen to all the whites?
2. What trail does the wagon train that the Crabb family joins take?
3. How do Cheyenne think of their horses?
4. Who stops Jack and Caroline from crossing the river after leaving the carnage of the wagon train?
5. What river do Caroline and Jack attempt to cross after leaving the carnage of the wagon train?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)