|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, A New Name.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Lodge Skins do when a herd of antelope approach the prairie where he has been meditating?
(a) He shouts to make them leave.
(b) He kills one for his family to eat.
(c) He runs the other direction.
(d) He calms the leader.
2. What trail does the wagon train that the Crabb family joins take?
(a) Donner Party Trail.
(b) California Trail.
(c) Utah Trail.
(d) New Mexico Trail.
3. What does Old Lodge Skins think will eventually happen to all the whites?
(a) They will kill each other.
(b) The spirits will strike them down.
(c) They will all die of a terrible disease.
(d) They will inhabit all the lands.
4. How do Cheyenne punish their children?
(a) Conditioning and shame.
(c) Time out.
5. Who stops Jack and Caroline from crossing the river after leaving the carnage of the wagon train?
(a) Old Lodge Skins.
(b) Morning Star.
(c) Younger Bear.
(d) Shadow that Comes into Sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the brave who fights the Snake people, or Comanche, in a story Old Lodge Skins tells Jack?
2. What item does Younger Bear give Jack when he is healed?
3. What item do members of the wagon train run out of, which they attempt to resupply in Laramie?
4. Why did the Whites attack a Sioux village in chapter 5?
5. What is Pa's original profession?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)