|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Through the Shutter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Crow warrior stop in the middle of taking Jack's scalp?
(a) He finds it funny to leave the boy only half scalped.
(b) He has pity on his age.
(c) He sees Jack is white.
(d) He is attacked by Younger Bear.
2. What expedition does Lavender claim one of his relatives traveled with?
(b) Poncho Villa.
(d) Louis and Clark.
3. How is the Crow warrior killed?
(a) A stray arrow from the battle strikes him in the head.
(b) A Cheyenne warrior stabs him with a knife.
(c) Younger Bear scalps him.
(d) Jack shoots three arrows into his back.
4. Why does Caroline decide to leave the Cheyenne village?
(a) The Cheyenne are unwelcoming.
(b) The Cheyenne cannot be trusted.
(c) She wants to find her mother.
(d) She wants to live among white civilization.
5. How do Cheyenne boys learn to become men?
(a) By killing the white man.
(b) By emulating men.
(c) By growing older.
(d) By learning great wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a Crow warrior attack Younger Bear and Jack?
2. Who eventually adopts Jack?
3. Why does Lavender want to run away?
4. How does Jack offend one of the Cheyenne children with whom he plays in chapter 3?
5. Who acts as an heemaneh to Jack?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)