|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lawrence feel about the story of Andrew's death?
2. How does Sarah react to Charlie's behavior?
3. What does Little Bee think while they are at the Thames?
4. What happened after Little Bee and Andrew talked in the garden?
5. Who is the press officer at the Home Office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah tell Little Bee she found in Andrew's office?
2. Why does Sarah want to know what happened to Little Bee and her sister after they were dragged away from Sarah and Andrew?
3. How did Little Bee escape from the oil men?
4. How does Little Bee try to coax Charlie out of his Batman costume while they are at the beach?
5. Why did Sarah return home early from work the day after the funeral?
6. What memory does Little Bee have of her life with her sister?
7. What does Little Bee want to know about when she and Sarah go to the store for milk?
8. Why might Little Bee feel a connection to Charlie?
9. Did the trip to Nigeria help or hurt Sarah and Andrew's relationship?
10. How did Little Bee get to England?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sarah believes that she, Charlie, Little Bee and Andrew have all taken on personae that they hide behind. Charlie's desire to be Batman is the most obvious example of this. What personae have these characters taken on? Why might they have chosen to hide from their realities? Would their lives have been different if they had faced up to their fears?
Explain your answer in depth.
Essay Topic 2
Review the horrible events that took place on the beach in Nigeria. Answer the following questions:
1) What do you think about the incident on the beach in Nigeria?
2) Do you blame Andrew for the death of Little Bee's sister?
3) Are Little Bee and Sarah being fair by placing blame on Andrew? Why or why not?
4) Who is ultimately to blame for what happened to Little Bee and her sister? Why do you feel the way you do?
Essay Topic 3
By the time Andrew and Sarah took their trip to Nigeria Sarah had already been engaged in an affair. As the book moves forward the reader discovers that the O'Rourke's marriage had not been a good one for some time before the terrible events on the Nigerian beach. Do you think that Sarah and Andrew's marriage could have been saved? Why or why not? Do you think that the events on the beach are really what ended their relationship? Or do you feel that the experience bonded them in a way that they could not leave each other?
Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)