|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sarah and Andrew argue about?
2. What does Little Bee take with her from the beach?
3. What do Little Bee and Charlie do by the river?
4. What does Little Bee threaten to do in return?
5. How does Sarah react to Charlie's behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lawrence dislike Little Bee?
2. Why might Sarah be determined to help Little Bee?
3. How did Sarah and Lawrence meet?
4. What happened after Andrew found out about Sarah's affair?
5. How does Little Bee try to coax Charlie out of his Batman costume while they are at the beach?
6. Why does Little Bee think Charlie will not take off his Batman costume?
7. How does Little Bee and Lawrence's fight result in a stalemate?
8. How did Little Bee get to England?
9. What did Little Bee do that may have contributed to Andrew's death?
10. What has happened at Charlie's nursery school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Review the horrible events that took place on the beach in Nigeria. Answer the following questions:
1) What do you think about the incident on the beach in Nigeria?
2) Do you blame Andrew for the death of Little Bee's sister?
3) Are Little Bee and Sarah being fair by placing blame on Andrew? Why or why not?
4) Who is ultimately to blame for what happened to Little Bee and her sister? Why do you feel the way you do?
Essay Topic 2
Would Little Bee have been sent back to Nigeria if Yvette hadn't had her released illegally from the detention center? Why or why not? What are you basing your theory on? Provide examples to support your theory.
Essay Topic 3
It is very obvious that Lawrence dislikes Little Bee. He takes every opportunity to try to bully the girl into turning herself in. He also tries hard to get Sarah to make Little Bee leave.
1) Why do you think Lawrence dislikes Little Bee? What are some reasons he might want Sarah and Little Bee kept apart?
2) Do you feel that Lawrence should be entitled to an opinion on Little Bee and Sarah's relationship? Why or why not?
Provide examples from the text to support your answers.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)