|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the men take the girls after the couple left?
2. What does Little Bee do when she and Sarah return to the house?
3. What does the reader begin to feel toward Little Bee?
4. What do the men do to Little Bee's sister?
5. Why does Little Bee ask Charlie to take off his costume?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened at Charlie's nursery school?
2. How does Little Bee and Lawrence's fight result in a stalemate?
3. Why might Little Bee feel a connection to Charlie?
4. How did Little Bee get to England?
5. Why does Little Bee want to stay with Sarah and Charlie for a while?
6. How did Sarah and Lawrence meet?
7. What happened to Little Bee and her sister?
8. What did Little Bee do that may have contributed to Andrew's death?
9. Why didn't Little Bee help Andrew as he struggled during death?
10. What did Little Bee find on the beach as she was fleeing the men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sarah has a number of realizations while attending Andrew's funeral. How has she failed both Andrew and Charlie? Why did she ignore Andrew's feelings? Why did she not prepare Charlie for the funeral as she should have? How could she have done things differently?
Essay Topic 2
Review the horrible events that took place on the beach in Nigeria. Answer the following questions:
1) What do you think about the incident on the beach in Nigeria?
2) Do you blame Andrew for the death of Little Bee's sister?
3) Are Little Bee and Sarah being fair by placing blame on Andrew? Why or why not?
4) Who is ultimately to blame for what happened to Little Bee and her sister? Why do you feel the way you do?
Essay Topic 3
Sarah tries to do everything she can to help Little Bee after the girl is detained by the police. She continues to help the girl even after Little Bee tells her she was there when Andrew died. Why do you think helping Little Bee is so important to Sarah? Is she driven by guilt? Fear? Obligation? Love? Why do you feel the way you do?
Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)