|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Bee discover about Yvette while staying in the empty dormitory?
2. Who is Lawrence?
3. What does Little Bee discover when she wakes during the night?
4. How many girls are in line for the phone?
5. What nationality is Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Little Bee know Andrew?
2. Why has Little Bee been a detention center for so long?
3. Why does Sarah ask Little Bee to discuss the day on the Nigerian beach two years before?
4. What does Sarah come to realize about Andrew's depression during the funeral?
5. How did Sarah fail Charlie at the burial?
6. Why does Little Bee decide to leave the farm?
7. Where is Sarah going when Little Bee knocks on her door?
8. What does Charlie do at the graveside burial?
9. What horrible truth does Little Bee learn from Yvette while at the dormitory?
10. What does being an illegal immigrant ultimately mean for Little Bee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Little Bee has said that Little Bee is not her true name, but is one that she created for herself while she and her sister were running from the oil men. Why did Little Bee change her name? How does her new name allow her to hide from her past? Do you think that Little Bee has hidden from her past very well? Why or why not?
Use examples from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Little Bee has always promised herself that she would commit suicide if she were ever caught and taken back to Nigeria. However, once she is faced with being taken away from Sarah by soldiers she feels differently. She no longer thinks about dying, but about living. What has changed inside Little Bee? How does she view the world now? How does she view life? What has caused these changes in Little Bee's thinking?
Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Everyone in the book "Little Bee" allows their fear and disappointment to effect their lives. What are the following characters afraid of? How has their fear effected them? Provide examples from the text to support your assertions.
2) Little Bee
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)