|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1 is written from which character's point of view?
(d) Little Bee's.
2. What did the girls hear coming from the jungle?
(a) A news crew.
(b) The sound of dogs.
(c) Children crying.
(d) The sound of guns.
3. How many other girls were released because of Yvette?
4. How many girls are in line for the phone?
5. What is the name of Sarah's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sarah try to communicate with Andrew the morning he died?
2. Who is Little Bee allowed to call on the telephone?
3. What did the girls see on the beach in the morning?
4. What outfit does Charlie always wear?
5. What did Little Bee and her sister beg the couple to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Little Bee's lie to the taxi company tell the reader about her character?
2. Where is Sarah going when Little Bee knocks on her door?
3. What does Charlie do at the graveside burial?
4. Why has Little Bee been a detention center for so long?
5. Why might the author have written this book about immigration?
6. What horrible truth does Little Bee learn from Yvette while at the dormitory?
7. What did Sarah and Andrew do in response to the oil men's bargain?
8. What did the oil men demand from Sarah and Andrew in exchange for the girls' lives?
9. How did Sarah fail Charlie at the burial?
10. Where do the girls end up staying the night?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)