|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Andrew die?
(a) He was in a car accident.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) He was murdered.
2. What did the couple think the sound was coming from the jungle?
(a) They didn't hear any sounds.
(b) A death squad.
3. Why did Sarah ignore Andrew's problems?
(a) She was ashamed of him.
(b) She thought he was being dramatic.
(c) She didn't ignore them.
(d) She is selfish.
4. Chapter 1 is written from which character's point of view?
(c) Little Bee's.
5. What will happen to Little Bee if she is caught illegally in the UK?
(a) She will be forced into slavery.
(b) She will be deported.
(c) She will be killed.
(d) She will be fined.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Little Bee headed when she leaves the detention center?
2. How do Sarah and Little Bee travel to the funeral?
3. How old is Sarah?
4. Why did the couple go to Nigeria?
5. What is the name of Sarah's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Sarah going when Little Bee knocks on her door?
2. What does being an illegal immigrant ultimately mean for Little Bee?
3. Why might Sarah have invited Little Bee to attend Andrew's funeral?
4. Why does the taxi driver become angry and leave the girls at the detention center?
5. Who does Little Bee call from the detention center?
6. Why might the taxi company refuse to pick up immigrants?
7. How does Little Bee know Andrew?
8. What does Little Bee's lie to the taxi company tell the reader about her character?
9. Why does Sarah ask Little Bee to discuss the day on the Nigerian beach two years before?
10. What does Sarah conclude caused Andrew's depression?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)