|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the couple think the sound was coming from the jungle?
(c) A death squad.
(d) They didn't hear any sounds.
2. What did Little Bee and her sister do as they waited for dawn to come?
(a) Called Andrew and Sarah.
(b) Polished their resumes.
(c) Picked new names.
(d) Thought about revenge.
3. What did the girls hear coming from the jungle?
(a) The sound of guns.
(b) A news crew.
(c) The sound of dogs.
(d) Children crying.
4. Chapter 1 is written from which character's point of view?
(a) Little Bee's.
5. Who is Little Bee allowed to call on the telephone?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) A friend.
(d) A taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah feel killed her husband?
2. What does Charlie do as Andrew's coffin is lowered into the ground?
3. How does Little Bee secure a taxi for the group?
4. What outfit does Charlie always wear?
5. Why did Little Bee wish to escape Nigeria?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Little Bee know Andrew?
2. Why does Little Bee decide to leave the farm?
3. Who is Yvette?
4. Why has Little Bee been a detention center for so long?
5. What did the oil men demand from Sarah and Andrew in exchange for the girls' lives?
6. How did Little Bee and her sister meet Sarah and Andrew?
7. Where is Sarah going when Little Bee knocks on her door?
8. What did Sarah and Andrew do in response to the oil men's bargain?
9. Why might Sarah have invited Little Bee to attend Andrew's funeral?
10. What does being an illegal immigrant ultimately mean for Little Bee?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)