|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1 is written from which character's point of view?
(a) Little Bee's.
2. How does the taxi driver react to the girls?
(a) He is very helpful.
(b) He becomes angry and drives away.
(c) He leers at them and says vulgar things.
(d) He ignores them during the drive.
3. What happened between Andrew and Sarah the morning Little Bee called?
(a) They made love.
(b) They had a huge fight.
(c) They decided to get a divorce.
(d) They renewed their wedding vows.
4. What does Sarah ask Little Bee to remember?
(a) Her feelings for her sister.
(b) The day on the Nigerian beach where they met.
(c) Her time in the detention center.
(d) The funeral details.
5. What nationality is the author of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Andrew to feel the way he did?
2. What is the name of Andrew's wife?
3. How many girls are in line for the phone?
4. What does Little Bee discover when she wakes during the night?
5. How old is Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the taxi driver become angry and leave the girls at the detention center?
2. Who is Yvette?
3. What horrible truth does Little Bee learn from Yvette while at the dormitory?
4. How did Sarah and Andrew become involved with Little Bee, her sister and the oil men?
5. What does Little Bee's lie to the taxi company tell the reader about her character?
6. What did the oil men demand from Sarah and Andrew in exchange for the girls' lives?
7. Where is Sarah going when Little Bee knocks on her door?
8. Why might the author have written this book about immigration?
9. Why might Sarah have invited Little Bee to attend Andrew's funeral?
10. What does Charlie do at the graveside burial?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)