|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Little Bee find in the jungle while they were lost?
(a) A canoe.
(b) The oil men.
(c) A house.
(d) A jeep.
2. How did Charlie react to what the teachers had done?
(a) He laughed.
(b) He shut down.
(c) He cried.
(d) He became violent.
3. What does Little Bee do while Sarah reacts?
(a) She speaks to Charlie.
(b) She calls Lawrence.
(c) She speaks to the teachers.
(d) She stays quiet.
4. What did the men find on the beach that made them stop?
(a) A hotel.
(b) An abandoned boat.
(c) An abandoned house.
(d) A cliff.
5. How did Little Bee travel to England?
(a) On a tea ship.
(b) On an army ship.
(c) She swam.
(d) By airplane.
6. What happened after Little Bee and Andrew talked in the garden?
(a) Andrew tried to kill her.
(b) Andrew left the house for a few days.
(c) Andrew called the police.
(d) Andrew hanged himself.
7. What did Sarah suggest to help her and Andrew work things out?
(a) The trip to Nigeria.
(b) A trip to the Bahamas.
(c) A divorce.
(d) She would quit her job.
8. Who calls while Sarah and Little Bee are talking?
(b) The police.
(c) The nursery school.
9. What does Sarah tell Little Bee after Little Bee tells her she is illegal and scared?
(a) Sarah says nothing, she is too upset to speak.
(b) Sarah says she will try to help.
(c) Sarah says she will call the police.
(d) Sarah says she must go back to the center.
10. Where were Sarah and Lawrence when Andrew discovered their affair?
(a) At work.
(b) In Sarah's home.
(c) In the park.
(d) At a party.
11. What does Little Bee take with her from the beach?
(a) A seashell from the water.
(b) Rope from the boat.
(c) Andrew's driver's license and business card.
(d) Sarah's driver's license and business card.
12. What do the men do to Little Bee's sister?
(a) Put her inside the boat.
(b) Set her free.
(c) Drive off with her.
(d) Rape and murder her.
13. What does Little Bee tell Sarah on the way home?
(a) That she will stay with them while they adjust to losing Andrew.
(b) That she hates them and they deserve their fate.
(c) That she must leave in the morning.
(d) That she wants to become Charlie's nanny.
14. Where did the men take the girls after the couple left?
(a) Down the beach.
(b) To their village.
(c) To the city.
(d) Into the jungle.
15. Why does Sarah feel helping Little Bee is so important?
(a) She thinks it will make a good story.
(b) She feels guilty about Little Bee's rape.
(c) It is a way of honoring Andrew.
(d) She is a political activist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sarah come home early from work?
2. What does Sarah think Andrew was doing before he died?
3. What does Sarah do when she and Little Bee get back to the house?
4. What do Little Bee and Charlie do by the river?
5. What does Little Bee find on the beach?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)