|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah ask Little Bee to do when she wakes?
(a) To take care of Charlie.
(b) To tell her where the detention center is.
(c) To describe her life at the detention center.
(d) To tell her what happened after the oil men dragged away.
2. What did Andrew think when he saw her?
(a) That he imagined her.
(b) That she was a thief.
(c) That she was a ghost.
(d) He never saw her.
3. How does Sarah react to Little Bee's statement?
(a) She cries.
(b) She balks.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She is relieved.
4. What does Sarah think Andrew was doing before he died?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Preparing to go back to Nigeria.
(c) Writing a book about girls like Little Bee.
(d) Planning a divorce.
5. Where did Little Bee stop as she was walking down the beach?
(a) At the abandoned boat.
(b) At the edge of the jungle.
(c) At the hotel.
(d) At a harbor.
6. Where did Little Bee hide before she revealed herself to Sarah?
(a) In the basement.
(b) At the park.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the garden.
7. How does Sarah react to Charlie's behavior?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is angry with the school.
(c) She breaks down.
(d) She laughs.
8. Who shows up at Sarah's house as she and Little Bee are talking about the future?
(a) Lawrence's wife.
(b) A police officer.
(d) Charlie's teacher.
9. What does the reader begin to feel toward Little Bee?
10. What does Little Bee take with her from the beach?
(a) Sarah's driver's license and business card.
(b) A seashell from the water.
(c) Andrew's driver's license and business card.
(d) Rope from the boat.
11. Why does Sarah come home early from work?
(a) She and her assistant had an argument.
(b) She is worried about Charlie.
(c) She misses Lawrence.
(d) She is afraid for Little Bee.
12. Where did Little Bee and her sister become lost when they were 8 and 10?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In the jungle.
(c) In the city.
(d) In their village.
13. What happened after Little Bee and Andrew talked in the garden?
(a) Andrew tried to kill her.
(b) Andrew called the police.
(c) Andrew left the house for a few days.
(d) Andrew hanged himself.
14. What did Little Bee find in the jungle while they were lost?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A jeep.
(c) The oil men.
(d) A house.
15. What do the men do when they are finished?
(a) Return to the village.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Go to the hotel.
(d) Go to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Sarah write for?
2. What has Sarah decided to do about the notes she found in Andrew's office?
3. What happens once Sarah returns home?
4. What does Little Bee tell Sarah on the way home?
5. Why does Sarah feel helping Little Bee is so important?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)