|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Andrew's wife?
(d) Little Bee.
2. What does Little Bee tell the taxi company?
(a) That she must take her friend to the hospital.
(b) That she will sue the company if they do not pick her up.
(c) That the girls are cleaners who need a ride to their next job.
(d) That the girls are citizens who have been wrongly detained.
3. What happened between Andrew and Sarah the morning Little Bee called?
(a) They decided to get a divorce.
(b) They made love.
(c) They renewed their wedding vows.
(d) They had a huge fight.
4. What do the oil men demand from the couple in exchange for the girls' lives?
(b) They each cut off a finger.
(c) Their passports.
(d) They each cut off a toe.
5. What does the taxi company tell one of the girls on the phone?
(a) She must have three other passengers for pick up.
(b) They do not pick up immigrants anymore.
(c) She must pay double because she is an immigrant.
(d) They do not have enough gas to come to the center.
6. Why did Sarah ignore Andrew's problems?
(a) She thought he was being dramatic.
(b) She didn't ignore them.
(c) She is selfish.
(d) She was ashamed of him.
7. Who is Little Bee allowed to call on the telephone?
(a) A taxi.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A friend.
8. How did the person who released Yvette hide what they did?
(a) By shredding Yvette's paperwork.
(b) They didn't.
(c) By letting others go also.
(d) By falsifying papers.
9. Who released Yvette from the detention center?
(a) Her parents.
(b) A male officer.
(c) A judge.
(d) A female officer.
10. What does Charlie do as Andrew's coffin is lowered into the ground?
(a) He hugs Little Bee.
(b) He runs into the woods.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He jumps into the grave.
11. Why does Little Bee run away?
(a) She is afraid of being deported.
(b) She stole money and must leave.
(c) She is sad and wants time alone.
(d) She is afraid of being accused of murder.
12. What nationality is the author of this book?
13. What did Little Bee and her sister beg the couple to do?
(a) Feed them.
(b) Take them to their hotel.
(c) Buy them guns.
(d) Give them money,
14. Where do the girls end up staying for the night?
(a) At a farm.
(b) At the detention center.
(c) In a shelter.
(d) On the street.
15. What will happen to Little Bee if she is caught illegally in the UK?
(a) She will be forced into slavery.
(b) She will be fined.
(c) She will be deported.
(d) She will be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Charlie when he is upset at the grave site?
2. What nationality is Sarah?
3. Who does Little Bee blame for her sister's death?
4. What happens once the taxi arrives?
5. What happens to one of the girls when the man is unable to cut off his finger?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)