|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Little Bee choose to call from the detention center?
(a) Andrew O'Rourke.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Anna O'Rourke.
(d) Her mother.
2. What did Little Bee and her sister do as they waited for dawn to come?
(a) Picked new names.
(b) Polished their resumes.
(c) Called Andrew and Sarah.
(d) Thought about revenge.
3. How many girls are in line for the phone?
4. What did the oil men do to Little Bee's village?
(a) They took them hostage.
(b) They gave them money.
(c) They killed everyone.
(d) They forced them into labor.
5. Who is Lawrence?
(a) Sarah's husband.
(b) Sarah's lover.
(c) A police officer.
(d) An immigration lawyer.
6. What is the name of Andrew's wife?
(a) Little Bee.
7. Whose funeral is Sarah getting ready to attend?
(a) Little Bee's.
(b) Her mother's.
8. What does Little Bee realize as she is outside waiting for the taxi?
(a) She doesn't know the language.
(b) She is afraid of being free.
(c) She wants to go back to Nigeria.
(d) She has no food.
9. What does this mean for Little Bee?
(a) She is a liar.
(b) She is in England illegally.
(c) She will be sentenced to death.
(d) She is safe.
10. What do the oil men demand from the couple in exchange for the girls' lives?
(b) They each cut off a toe.
(c) Their passports.
(d) They each cut off a finger.
11. Why does Sarah call Lawrence?
(a) She needs his advice about Little Bee.
(b) She needs him to babysit.
(c) She wants him to attend a funeral.
(d) She misses him.
12. How many other girls were released because of Yvette?
13. What did Little Bee and her sister beg the couple to do?
(a) Take them to their hotel.
(b) Give them money,
(c) Feed them.
(d) Buy them guns.
14. What happens once the taxi arrives?
(a) The driver doubles the fare.
(b) The center won't allow them to be picked up.
(c) The women act strange.
(d) The taxi is full.
15. How do Sarah and Little Bee travel to the funeral?
(a) They take a taxi.
(b) They are picked up by Sarah's father.
(c) They walk.
(d) They take a train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah feel killed her husband?
2. How old is Sarah?
3. What nationality is Sarah?
4. What did the girls see on the beach in the morning?
5. Who does Sarah find on her doorstep as she is leaving for a funeral?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)