1. In Chapter 1, "What is Theory?" Culler defines theory as the opportunity to __________.
All of these.
2. Theory rarely results in __________, according to Culler.
A definitive answer.
3. What was Richard Rorty's area of expertise?
4. What was the primary theme of "The Sorrows of Young Werther"?
5. According to Goethe, "life devoid of passion" is ___________.
6. According to Chapter 1, what does literary theory often critique?
Common sense ideas.
7. Who was Michel Foucault?
A French intellectual historian.
8. What part of "The History of Sexuality" bothered Michel Foucault?
Its repressive delivery.
This section contains 3,811 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)