|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Identity, Identification, and the Subject.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Culler, what do the authors of classical literature often hide within their words?
(a) Hints of rebellion.
(b) A deeper meaning.
(c) Political views.
(d) Numeric codes.
2. The way the plot is presented is referred to as the ________.
(d) Grand finale.
3. According to theorists, how many people are required to obtain multiple interpretations of a text?
4. In Chapter 3, from what form of culture is pop culture developed?
5. According to contemporary theorists, epic poetry has had what type of effect on culture?
(a) Medium impact.
(b) Little impact.
(c) All of these.
(d) Significant impact.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many theorists believe that understanding the meaning of words in a text is ___________.
2. According to Chapter 2, "What is Literature and Does it Matter?" what makes up the bulk of written work prior to modern literature?
3. Who was Michel Foucault?
4. What era defined rhetoric as the study of structuring powers for discussion?
5. In Chapter 2, what does fiction aim to achieve?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)