|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Literature and Cultural Studies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is modern literature?
(a) One century.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) Two centuries.
(d) Two decades.
2. According to Chapter 2, when a story is told with non-fiction historical references, it is __________.
(a) A literary rambling.
(b) A work of literary fiction.
(c) A literary narrative.
3. What type of study is approached clinically?
4. What type of literary work is "Jane Eyre"?
5. What is the term given to literature that is routinely studied in schools and universities?
(a) Formulaic literature.
(c) Lesson plan.
(d) Literary canon.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the majority of theorists, who has the power to determine what can be known as literature?
2. What form of structuralism organizes culture into certain, rule-based practices?
3. What is the significance of published literature, according to Culler?
4. What has literary theory helped add to the study of classics?
5. Based on "What is Theory?" which of the following words can be used to describe theory?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)