|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Literature and Cultural Studies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On a grand scale, scholars believe literature to have the capability to speak for __________.
(b) All of these.
2. Based on "What is Theory?" which of the following words can be used to describe theory?
(c) None of these.
3. According to Culler, if society prefers to invest time in popular culture, how might classical literature be affected?
(a) It might go out of print.
(b) Writers may stop writing.
(c) It will become obsolete.
(d) It would cost less.
4. Who wrote "Jane Eyre"?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) Kate Campion.
(c) Charlotte Bronte.
(d) Virginia Wolff.
5. Some scholars fear that literature could inspire _____________.
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Foucault's beliefs, what does society determine?
2. According to Foucault, what form of communication had power over social ideals?
3. Literature, according to Culler, has the ability to do what for ideology?
4. In English literature, many lead characters were written in order to inspire ______________.
5. Who created the theory of interpellation?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)