|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Literature and Cultural Studies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary form do parts of Robert Burns' poetry imitate?
(c) Folk songs.
2. Who created the theory of interpellation?
(a) Jacob Traventhorn.
(b) Jacques Bouvois.
(c) Shane Montgomery.
(d) Louis Althusser.
3. Some scholars fear that literature could inspire _____________.
(d) All of these.
4. Theory rarely results in __________, according to Culler.
(a) A strong guess.
(b) A definitive answer.
(c) A close estimation.
(d) A good theory.
5. Based on "What is Theory?" which of the following words can be used to describe theory?
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Culler reports that people in the 19th century believed that the "true nature" of an individual could be found in his ___________.
2. According to Chapter 2, which of the examples below cannot be considered literature?
3. According to the majority of theorists, who has the power to determine what can be known as literature?
4. What part of "The History of Sexuality" bothered Michel Foucault?
5. In Chapter 2, it is suggested that British literature worked to do what among the classes?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)