|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Literature and Cultural Studies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of study is approached clinically?
2. In terms of reading a literary work, Culler believes publication places what burden on a reader?
(a) Sharing it with friends.
(b) Buying it.
(c) Reading it.
(d) Understanding it.
3. What literary form do parts of Robert Burns' poetry imitate?
(c) Folk songs.
4. What type of literary work is "Jane Eyre"?
5. Culler explains the nature of discourse on theory as _________.
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What non-fiction literary device does "Jane Eyre" mimic?
2. According to Chapter 2, when a story is told with non-fiction historical references, it is __________.
3. What nationality was Rousseau?
4. Based on "What is Theory?" which of the following words can be used to describe theory?
5. Literature as an aesthetic object attempts to encourage the reader to explore a relationship between _____________.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)