|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Narrative.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a narrator only knows certain things, what is the narration called?
(b) Productive limited.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Third person.
2. According to Chapter 4, what effect should the words have on the reader?
(a) An emotional response.
(b) An effect on imagination.
(c) All of these.
(d) A subliminal message.
3. According to Cullers in Chapter 6, what form of literature has been studied the most in the 20th century?
4. According to Chapter 6, what is the purpose of withholding information from a reader?
(a) To frustrate the reader.
(b) To appear intelligent.
(c) To confuse the reader.
(d) To build suspense.
5. According to Chapter 6, what do readers seem to enjoy in narratives?
(a) All of these.
(b) A satisfying conclusion.
(c) Interesting characters.
(d) Plot twists.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 6, what type of narration typically occurs when the point of view is limited?
2. Who is not a character in third-person narration?
3. What non-fiction literary device does "Jane Eyre" mimic?
4. According to Chapter 2, "What is Literature and Does it Matter?" what makes up the bulk of written work prior to modern literature?
5. According to Chapter 6, what is the desired result after conflict within a novel?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)