|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leaphorn meet at the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. What has the scout leader used as a cushion?
3. What kind of twins does Tso say he and brothers are?
4. Where did Tso's father get beaten up?
5. What does Leaphorn use to kill the dog at the end of the section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leaphorn refuse to talk to Theodora about Benjamin?
2. How did Tull and his men rob the armored vehicles?
3. Why is the name Haas important?
4. How does Leaphorn find his way to the canyon?
5. How does Leaphorn find the groceries?
6. What information does Father Benjamin tell Leaphorn about his family?
7. What was James Tso's plan?
8. Why did Leaphorn go to the canyon in the first place?
9. Why does Leaphorn decide against going to someone for help?
10. Why does the dragging sound frighten Leaphorn so much?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his book.
1. Navajo Tribal Police.
2. The Navajo Tribe.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Leaphorn's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Leaphorn hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Leaphorn ideas about life?
3. How has Leaphorn's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)