|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the water Leaphorn drinks taste of?
2. What is the name of juvenile subject two?
3. What does the author say stirred the air?
4. Who did Leaphorn work with on the Cata homicide?
5. Where does Leaphorn say he wants to visit in Albuquerque?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Benjamin say is his relationship with Theodora?
2. Why does Leaphorn refuse to talk to Theodora about Benjamin?
3. What new information does Witover give Leaphorn?
4. Why is the name Haas important?
5. What problems does Leaphorn have at the beginning of Chapter 13?
6. Why is it so difficult for Leaphorn to leave his position?
7. Why does Leaphorn decide against going to someone for help?
8. What does Leaphorn learn about the Boy Scouts in this section?
9. How does Leaphorn find the groceries?
10. What one action seemed out of place for James Tso?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Leaphorn rescue the hostages? Were there any other ways Leaphorn could have rescued the hostages? What meaning does it give the story that all the hostages escape unharmed?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Tony Hillerman's previous books and contrast it with the LISTENING WOMAN in terms of the following;
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)