|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What floods Leaphorn's blood in this section?
2. How does the author describe the sound Leaphorn hears at the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. What kind of kidnapping does Tso think they are involved in?
4. What does Leaphorn unhook from his belt after the dog runs away?
5. What does Leaphorn eat with his meat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What one action seemed out of place for James Tso?
2. What does Benjamin say is his relationship with Theodora?
3. Describe how Leaphorn is attacked when he arrives at the cave.
4. Why is the name Haas important?
5. How does Leaphorn escape the fire?
6. What does the FBI say is the interesting thing about Tull?
7. What is a skinwalker?
8. How did Tull and his men rob the armored vehicles?
9. How does Leaphorn defeat the kidnappers?
10. What does Leaphorn find out about Tull in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
How accurate is Tony Hillerman's representation of the Navajo tribe? In what way does Leaphorn have the characteristics of a Navajo member? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his book.
1. Navajo Tribal Police.
2. The Navajo Tribe.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)