|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the silence between Leaphorn and Tso ?
2. What kind of car does the author describe as battered green?
3. What does Leaphorn use to cut the nylon string that binds Tso's ankles?
4. Whose voice can Tso and Leaphorn hear as they walk through the cave?
5. What kind of meat are the Dinees roasting?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)