|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackie like to wear on his head?
2. What kind of ceremony are the women preparing for?
3. What litters the sandstone landscape?
4. What does Tull say Kiowa claimed his stone was?
5. What does Leaphorn say three dollars is a show of in Short Mountain country?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Tony Hillerman's previous books and contrast it with the LISTENING WOMAN in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 2
How does Leaphorn rescue the hostages? Were there any other ways Leaphorn could have rescued the hostages? What meaning does it give the story that all the hostages escape unharmed?
Essay Topic 3
How accurate is Tony Hillerman's representation of the Navajo tribe? In what way does Leaphorn have the characteristics of a Navajo member? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)