|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answers does Goldrim give Whitey?
2. What kind of painting does Margaret say the old man had said had been spoiled?
3. What society does Witover ask Leaphorn if he knows about?
4. What is spread across the west wall?
5. What does Leaphorn say tells him that he will die of suffocation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a skinwalker?
2. How does Leaphorn find the groceries?
3. What does the FBI say is the interesting thing about Tull?
4. How do the men try to kill Leaphorn in this section?
5. What does Leaphorn learn about the Boy Scouts in this section?
6. What was James Tso's plan?
7. How does Leaphorn kill the dog when it attacks him the second time?
8. Describe how Leaphorn is attacked when he arrives at the cave.
9. How did Tull and his men rob the armored vehicles?
10. What new information does Witover give Leaphorn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote LISTENING WOMAN in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of Tony Hillerman's previous books and contrast it with the LISTENING WOMAN in terms of the following;
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)