|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Witover call a crazy son of a bitch?
2. What does the dispatcher say the juvenile subjects are wearing?
3. Where is the Museum of Navajo Ceremonial Art?
4. What kind of material have the men used to fasten Tso's ankles?
5. What kind of cigarettes does Steiner have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Leaphorn the perfect officer for the Tso case?
2. What is a skinwalker?
3. Why does Leaphorn decide against going to someone for help?
4. Describe how Leaphorn is attacked when he arrives at the cave.
5. Where does Leaphorn know James Tso from?
6. What information does Father Benjamin tell Leaphorn about his family?
7. What was James Tso's plan?
8. What does Leaphorn learn about the Boy Scouts in this section?
9. What one action seemed out of place for James Tso?
10. How does Leaphorn defeat the kidnappers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author wrote LISTENING WOMAN in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think will now happen to the characters? How has the events of the story effected their characters? Are there some characters who find it easier to get over events than others?
Essay Topic 3
What are the motives of the criminals? How would the meaning of the book change if the criminals were successful?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)