|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What constellation does Leaphorn notice in this section?
2. What society does Witover ask Leaphorn if he knows about?
3. What does the author say stirred the air?
4. Where does Leaphorn say he wants to visit in Albuquerque?
5. Who does Witover call a crazy son of a bitch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tull and his men rob the armored vehicles?
2. How does Leaphorn escape the fire?
3. What does Benjamin say is his relationship with Theodora?
4. What information does Father Benjamin tell Leaphorn about his family?
5. How does Leaphorn find his way to the canyon?
6. Why did Leaphorn go to the canyon in the first place?
7. What new information does Witover give Leaphorn?
8. Why is it so difficult for Leaphorn to leave his position?
9. Where does Leaphorn know James Tso from?
10. How did Tull and the others escape by helicopter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
How accurate is Hillerman's representation of criminal behavior? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)