|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the silence between Leaphorn and Tso ?
2. What floods Leaphorn's blood in this section?
3. What is inside the boxes?
4. What does Leaphorn say the Kiows use the sun as a symbol of?
5. What has the dog taken from Leaphorn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leaphorn defeat the kidnappers?
2. What does Leaphorn find out about Tull in this section?
3. What does the FBI say is the interesting thing about Tull?
4. Why does the dragging sound frighten Leaphorn so much?
5. How does Leaphorn escape the fire?
6. Why did Leaphorn go to the canyon in the first place?
7. What does Benjamin say is his relationship with Theodora?
8. What does Leaphorn learn about the Boy Scouts in this section?
9. How does Benjamin Tso die?
10. Why is it so difficult for Leaphorn to leave his position?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think will now happen to the characters? How has the events of the story effected their characters? Are there some characters who find it easier to get over events than others?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)