|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of meat are the Dinees roasting?
2. What are the Arizona Police describing on Leaphorn's radio?
3. What is inside the boxes?
4. What does a man say they will do if Leaphorn does not come down from the box?
5. What does Leaphorn dream about in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leaphorn think Theodora and Benjamin are in trouble?
2. Why is it so difficult for Leaphorn to leave his position?
3. How does Leaphorn defeat the kidnappers?
4. What does Leaphorn learn about the Boy Scouts in this section?
5. What new information does Witover give Leaphorn?
6. How does Leaphorn kill the dog when it attacks him the second time?
7. How does Leaphorn escape the fire?
8. What does Leaphorn find out about Tull in this section?
9. How did Tull and the others escape by helicopter?
10. What does Benjamin say is his relationship with Theodora?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
What are the motives of the criminals? How would the meaning of the book change if the criminals were successful?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)