|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leaphorn say he will use to kill the dog and the men?
2. What are the Arizona Police describing on Leaphorn's radio?
3. How does Margaret describe the policeman she last talked to?
4. Who did Leaphorn work with on the Cata homicide?
5. What is the name of the company Goldrims worked for?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his book.
1. Navajo Tribal Police.
2. The Navajo Tribe.
Essay Topic 2
What are the motives of the criminals? How would the meaning of the book change if the criminals were successful?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)