Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackie like to wear on his head?
2. What kind of ceremony are the women preparing for?
3. What litters the sandstone landscape?
4. What does Tull say Kiowa claimed his stone was?
5. What does Leaphorn say three dollars is a show of in Short Mountain country?
Essay Topic 1
The author wrote LISTENING WOMAN in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
How does Leaphorn rescue the hostages? Were there any other ways Leaphorn could have rescued the hostages? What meaning does it give the story that all the hostages escape unharmed?
Essay Topic 3
How accurate is Hillerman's representation of criminal behavior? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)