Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackie like to wear on his head?
2. What kind of ceremony are the women preparing for?
3. What litters the sandstone landscape?
4. What does Tull say Kiowa claimed his stone was?
5. What does Leaphorn say three dollars is a show of in Short Mountain country?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Navajo Tribal life.
1. Who are the Navajos and how do they view life?
2. What influence have Navajos had on popular culture?
3. How does the author express both the negative and positive aspects of Navajo life?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Tony Hillerman's previous books and contrast it with the LISTENING WOMAN in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Hillerman develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)