|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leaphorn say dies in his throat?
2. What kind of animal attacks Leaphorn in this section?
3. Whose voice can Tso and Leaphorn hear as they walk through the cave?
4. How does the author describe the scout leader's face?
5. What does the dispatcher say the juvenile subjects are wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tull and the others escape by helicopter?
2. Why does the dragging sound frighten Leaphorn so much?
3. Why is the name Haas important?
4. Why does Leaphorn refuse to talk to Theodora about Benjamin?
5. How does Leaphorn defeat the kidnappers?
6. How does Leaphorn find the groceries?
7. What new information does Witover give Leaphorn?
8. How did Tull and his men rob the armored vehicles?
9. Why does Leaphorn decide against going to someone for help?
10. What makes Leaphorn the perfect officer for the Tso case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author wrote LISTENING WOMAN in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 2
How accurate is Hillerman's representation of criminal behavior? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)