|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leaphorn say he wants to visit in Albuquerque?
2. What had Leaphorn's maternal grandmother been?
3. What does Leaphorn say dies in his throat?
4. What litters the sandstone landscape?
5. What has the scout leader used as a cushion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his book.
1. Navajo Tribal Police.
2. The Navajo Tribe.
Essay Topic 3
LISTENING WOMAN is part of the detective genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did the Leaphorn series help to set the template for similar books? Do modern books still use the ideas the author uses in Listening Woman?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)