|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leaphorn have to find before Tull and Goldrim arrive with the second set of questions?
2. Who does Leaphorn say usually knows everything?
3. What does Leaphorn use to kill the dog at the end of the section?
4. Who does Tso say beat up his father?
5. What does Leaphorn say he will use to kill the dog and the men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the name Haas important?
2. How do the men try to kill Leaphorn in this section?
3. Why is it so difficult for Leaphorn to leave his position?
4. Why does the dragging sound frighten Leaphorn so much?
5. How did Tull and his men rob the armored vehicles?
6. How does Leaphorn defeat the kidnappers?
7. What makes Leaphorn the perfect officer for the Tso case?
8. What was James Tso's plan?
9. Where does Leaphorn know James Tso from?
10. How did Tull and the others escape by helicopter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the kidnappers plans? What does it say about the character of James Tso that he wants to avenge the death of 11 other Indians? Are there any weaknesses in Tso's plan?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote LISTENING WOMAN in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)