|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leaphorn find lying in the back of his car?
2. What is different about the man since last time Leaphorn saw him?
3. In which state does Frederick Lynch live?
4. What does Leap say a bearded man is as curious as to a Navajo Boy?
5. Why does the man want to give up the priesthood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does Leaphorn find out when he reviews the listening woman's interview?
2. What does Theodora Adams represent to Benjamin?
3. Why does Adams want to visit Tso's Hogan?
4. What legend does McGinnis describe in this section?
5. How did Adams meet Benjamin?
6. Why does Leaphorn visit Basti in this section?
7. What does Leaphorn discover after he finds the tracks?
8. What does Leaphorn find out about the Mercedes driver in this section?
9. What two cases does Leaphorn have to work on?
10. How did Leaphorn change when he went to college?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What are the kidnappers plans? What does it say about the character of James Tso that he wants to avenge the death of 11 other Indians? Are there any weaknesses in Tso's plan?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)