|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the society that is as militant as you get?
2. What did Adams get McGinnis to draw for her?
3. What does Leaphorn say the Navajo wolves have turned to?
4. What kind of talk does Largo say he has heard about the Tso killings?
5. What does Leapman think is the religion of the man at Tso's hogan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new information does McGinnis give Leaphorn about the man with the dog in this section?
2. What are the three open cases Leaphorn currently has on the go?
3. What does Leaphorn find out about the Mercedes driver in this section?
4. What new information does Leaphorn find out when he reviews the listening woman's interview?
5. Who is John McGinnis?
6. Why does Adams want to visit Tso's Hogan?
7. How does the driver injure Leaphorn in this section?
8. What did Tso ask McGinnis to write to his grandson?
9. How did Leaphorn change when he went to college?
10. What information does Leaphorn have about the helicopter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main turning points of the book? How does Hillerman develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Tony Hillerman's previous books and contrast it with the LISTENING WOMAN in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)