|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leap say a bearded man is as curious as to a Navajo Boy?
2. What does Leaphorn tell Begay to stop stealing?
3. What does Tso say he dreams about?
4. What does Leaphorn say the Navajo wolves have turned to?
5. What did Adams get McGinnis to draw for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leaphorn find out about the Mercedes driver in this section?
2. How does the driver injure Leaphorn in this section?
3. How do Leaphorn's Navajo origins affect him in his police work?
4. What are the three open cases Leaphorn currently has on the go?
5. What did Tso ask McGinnis to write to his grandson?
6. How did Leaphorn change when he went to college?
7. What legend does McGinnis describe in this section?
8. What vision does Listening Woman have in this section?
9. How did Adams meet Benjamin?
10. Why does McGinn think a Narajo could not have killed Tso?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the kidnappers plans? What does it say about the character of James Tso that he wants to avenge the death of 11 other Indians? Are there any weaknesses in Tso's plan?
Essay Topic 2
What are the motives of the criminals? How would the meaning of the book change if the criminals were successful?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)