|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is it taboo to kill?
(a) A horse.
(b) A frog.
(c) A toad.
(d) A sheep.
2. What does Leaphorn say Tso's hands feel like?
(a) Goose skin.
(b) Lava warm and comforting.
(c) Ice cold and bloodless.
(d) Turkey skin.
3. What does Tso say he and his brother are saving the people from?
4. What does Leaphorn think will kill him if the flames don't?
(a) A lack of oxygen.
(c) His weak heart.
5. Which animal's footprints does Leaphorn find traces of in the mesa?
(a) A goat.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A dog.
(d) A wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the dog taken from Leaphorn?
2. What does the dispatcher say the juvenile subjects are wearing?
3. What has the scout leader used as a cushion?
4. Where is the Museum of Navajo Ceremonial Art?
5. Who does Leaphorn hear crying in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the name Haas important?
2. How do the men try to kill Leaphorn in this section?
3. What does Leaphorn learn about the Boy Scouts in this section?
4. What problems does Leaphorn have at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. Why is it so difficult for Leaphorn to leave his position?
6. How does Leaphorn escape the fire?
7. How does Leaphorn kill the dog when it attacks him the second time?
8. What makes Leaphorn the perfect officer for the Tso case?
9. How do the kidnappers let the authorities know the hostages are still alive?
10. What new information does Witover give Leaphorn?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)