|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disability does Margaret have?
2. How does the dispatcher describe Theodore Markham's complexion?
3. Who does Tull speak to on the radio?
4. What does Leaphorn dream about in this section?
(a) Summer and youth.
(b) Winter and punishment.
(c) Cowboys and Indians.
(d) Women and fire.
5. What answers does Goldrim give Whitey?
(a) May the third and a sweater.
(b) December the first and lava.
(c) Cadillac and van.
(d) Adams family and stetson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Benjamin Tso's brother?
2. What words begin the taped message?
3. How does the author describe the sky at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. How does the author describe the scout leader's face?
5. What does Leaphorn unhook from his belt after the dog runs away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Benjamin say is his relationship with Theodora?
2. Why is the name Haas important?
3. Why does the dragging sound frighten Leaphorn so much?
4. What makes Leaphorn the perfect officer for the Tso case?
5. Why does Leaphorn decide against going to someone for help?
6. How does Leaphorn find his way to the canyon?
7. Why did Leaphorn go to the canyon in the first place?
8. How did Tull and his men rob the armored vehicles?
9. What does Leaphorn find out about Tull in this section?
10. What problems does Leaphorn have at the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)