|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tull say Kiowa claimed his stone was?
(a) A bird.
(b) A Prophet.
(c) A bear.
(d) A God.
2. What does Leaphorn throw at the dog?
(b) A rock.
(c) A stick.
(d) A flashlight.
3. How does the author describe the sound Leaphorn hears at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A crow sound.
(b) A opera sound.
(c) A soprano sound.
(d) A rock sound.
4. What kind of car does the author describe as battered green?
(a) A Station Wagon.
(b) A Vector.
(c) A Cadillic.
(d) A Mustang.
5. What does Leaphorn use to kill the dog at the end of the section?
(a) A rock.
(b) A pool of water.
(c) A rock.
(d) A stick.
6. What kind of ceremony are the women preparing for?
(a) A moon ceremony.
(b) A castration ceremony.
(c) A sun ceremony.
(d) A menstruation ceremony.
7. What is the name of the cake the Dinnees prepare for the ceremony?
(a) Riot cake.
(b) Cinders cake.
(c) Endischees cake.
(d) Kinaalda cake.
8. How does the author describe the silence between Leaphorn and Tso ?
9. What kind of woman does Goldrims say Theodora is?
(a) The kind that is never home.
(b) The kind that eats women.
(c) The kind that kills children.
(d) The kind that plays games.
10. How does Leaphorn call Margaret when he addresses her?
(a) God's creature.
(c) Lady of the Earth.
(d) My mother.
11. What does Leaphorn say tells him that he will die of suffocation?
(a) His common sense.
(b) His God.
(c) His lungs.
(d) His brain.
12. How does Margaret describe the policeman she last talked to?
13. How does the dispatcher describe Theodore Markham's complexion?
14. What does the author say slants into the falling water?
(a) The moon.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The stars.
(d) The sun.
15. What does the dispatcher say the juvenile subjects are wearing?
(a) Eagle scout uniform.
(b) Firemen uniform.
(c) Police uniform.
(d) Boy Scout uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the dog taken from Leaphorn?
2. What does the water Leaphorn drinks taste of?
3. What kind of animal does Leaphorn say startles him?
4. What case does Leaphorn say he wants to read about in Albuquerque?
5. What does Leaphorn say he sees in the blue-haze distance?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)