|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leaphorn say three dollars is a show of in Short Mountain country?
2. What has goldrims dropped into the cave entrance?
(c) Trip wire.
(d) Shards of glass.
3. What has the dog taken from Leaphorn?
(a) His gun.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His knife.
(d) His hat.
4. What kind of painting does Margaret say the old man had said had been spoiled?
(a) Cubist paintings.
(b) Cave paintings.
(c) Dry paintings.
(d) Wet paintings.
5. What is the name of the clan Begay is a member of?
(a) The Mud clan.
(b) The Jump clan.
(c) The Air clan.
(d) The Earth clan.
6. How does the dispatcher describe Theodore Markham's complexion?
7. How does the author describe the sound Leaphorn hears at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A crow sound.
(b) A rock sound.
(c) A soprano sound.
(d) A opera sound.
8. What does Leaphorn say tells him that he will die of suffocation?
(a) His God.
(b) His common sense.
(c) His brain.
(d) His lungs.
9. What are the Arizona Police describing on Leaphorn's radio?
(a) A murder victim.
(b) A gangster hideout.
(c) A truck.
(d) A motorbike.
10. What is spread across the west wall?
(a) A wolf skin.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A carpet.
(d) An bear skin.
11. Who does Tso say beat up his father?
(a) The Sioux Indians.
(b) The sheriff and his deputy.
(c) Town trash.
(d) The police.
12. What kind of animal attacks Leaphorn in this section?
(a) A bobcat.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A dog.
13. What is the name of juvenile subject two?
(a) Jacob Uso.
(b) Quoc Ngyen.
(c) Norbert Gomez.
(d) Tommy Pearce.
14. What kind of material have the men used to fasten Tso's ankles?
15. What kind of meat are the Dinees roasting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is stenciled across the lid of the gasoline cans?
2. How does Leaphorn call Margaret when he addresses her?
3. Which animal's footprints does Leaphorn find traces of in the mesa?
4. What does Leaphorn say dies in his throat?
5. What kind of ceremony are the women preparing for?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)