|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has goldrims dropped into the cave entrance?
(c) Shards of glass.
(d) Trip wire.
2. What has the scout leader used as a cushion?
(a) A boy scout.
(b) His jumper.
(c) His coat.
(d) His trousers.
3. What did Leaphorn find that belongs to the Haas helicopter?
(a) A gun.
(b) A set of keys.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A map.
4. What does Leaphorn dream about in this section?
(a) Women and fire.
(b) Winter and punishment.
(c) Summer and youth.
(d) Cowboys and Indians.
5. What animal greets the summer night?
6. How does the dispatcher describe Theodore Markham's complexion?
7. What does Leaphorn unhook from his belt after the dog runs away?
(a) His flashlight.
(b) His gun.
(c) His handcuffs.
(d) His radio.
8. What does Leaphorn use to cut the nylon string that binds Tso's ankles?
(a) A shard of glass.
(b) A piece of flint.
(c) A pocket knife.
(d) A rock.
9. What society does Witover ask Leaphorn if he knows about?
(a) Mobile Society.
(b) Naas Society.
(c) Bear Society.
(d) Buffalo Society.
10. What case does Leaphorn say he wants to read about in Albuquerque?
(a) The helicopter case.
(b) The Listening Woman case.
(c) The Cop killing case.
(d) The kino case.
11. What does Leaphorn say three dollars is a show of in Short Mountain country?
12. What kind of animal does Leaphorn say startles him?
(a) An insect.
(b) A reptile.
(c) A cat.
(d) A rodent.
13. What constellation does Leaphorn notice in this section?
(a) Ursa Minor.
(b) The Milky Way.
(c) The Great Bear.
(d) The Orion.
14. Where does Milton Silver live?
(d) Tuba City.
15. What does the author say slants into the falling water?
(a) The stars.
(b) The sun.
(c) The moon.
(d) The clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the sound Leaphorn hears at the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. What does Leaphorn say he will use to kill the dog and the men?
3. What does the water Leaphorn drinks taste of?
4. What does Leaphorn say the Kiows use the sun as a symbol of?
5. What does Tull tell O'Malley he wanted to collect when his friends left him?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)