|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Museum of Navajo Ceremonial Art?
(b) Santa Fe.
2. How does the author describe the silence between Leaphorn and Tso ?
3. What kind of cigarettes does Steiner have?
(b) Lucky Strikes.
(d) Pall Mall.
4. What kind of twins does Tso say he and brothers are?
(a) Religious twins.
(b) Devil twins.
(c) Delta twins.
(d) Hero twins.
5. What did Leaphorn find that belongs to the Haas helicopter?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A set of keys.
(c) A map.
(d) A gun.
6. What does Leaphorn say he sees in the blue-haze distance?
(c) The fifth world.
7. What has goldrims dropped into the cave entrance?
(a) Shards of glass.
(c) Trip wire.
8. What does Leaphorn say dies in his throat?
(a) A scream.
(b) A laugh.
(c) A cough.
(d) A shout for help.
9. What is the name of the clan Begay is a member of?
(a) The Earth clan.
(b) The Mud clan.
(c) The Air clan.
(d) The Jump clan.
10. How does Leaphorn call Margaret when he addresses her?
(b) My mother.
(c) God's creature.
(d) Lady of the Earth.
11. How does Margaret describe the policeman she last talked to?
12. What kind of kidnapping does Tso think they are involved in?
(a) A terrorist kidnapping.
(b) A symbolic kidnapping.
(c) A government kidnapping.
(d) A child kidnapping.
13. What does Leaphorn think will kill him if the flames don't?
(a) His weak heart.
(d) A lack of oxygen.
14. What society does Witover ask Leaphorn if he knows about?
(a) Buffalo Society.
(b) Naas Society.
(c) Bear Society.
(d) Mobile Society.
15. What does Jackie like to wear on his head?
(a) A red sweatband.
(b) A stetson.
(c) A woolly hat.
(d) A tophat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say stirred the air?
2. What does Leaphorn say three dollars is a show of in Short Mountain country?
3. Who did Leaphorn work with on the Cata homicide?
4. What does Leaphorn have to find before Tull and Goldrim arrive with the second set of questions?
5. What are the Arizona Police describing on Leaphorn's radio?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)