|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Arizona Police describing on Leaphorn's radio?
(a) A truck.
(b) A motorbike.
(c) A gangster hideout.
(d) A murder victim.
2. How does the author describe the sky at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Blanket gray.
(b) Blood red.
(c) Blank blue.
(d) Santa white.
3. Who does Tull speak to on the radio?
4. What has goldrims dropped into the cave entrance?
(a) Trip wire.
(b) Shards of glass.
5. What does Leaphorn throw at the dog?
(b) A stick.
(c) A rock.
(d) A flashlight.
6. Where does O'Malley say Hoski went after Washington?
7. What does Leaphorn dream about in this section?
(a) Summer and youth.
(b) Cowboys and Indians.
(c) Winter and punishment.
(d) Women and fire.
8. What has the dog taken from Leaphorn?
(a) His hat.
(b) His gun.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His knife.
9. Who does Leaphorn say usually knows everything?
(a) Dave Harper.
(b) The Listening Woman.
(c) Old Man McGinnis.
(d) The People.
10. What does the water Leaphorn drinks taste of?
(d) Pine wood.
11. Who does Leaphorn hear crying in this section?
(a) Julian Waters.
(b) Theodora Adams.
(d) Ben Tso.
12. What litters the sandstone landscape?
(a) Coke cans.
13. What does Leaphorn unhook from his belt after the dog runs away?
(a) His radio.
(b) His gun.
(c) His flashlight.
(d) His handcuffs.
14. Who did Leaphorn work with on the Cata homicide?
15. Who does Leaphorn think Ben was trying to save?
(b) The boy scouts.
(c) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ceremony are the women preparing for?
2. Where are the New Mexico State Police located?
3. What society does Witover ask Leaphorn if he knows about?
4. What color is Tull's hair?
5. How does the author describe the scout leader's face?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)