|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tull say Kiowa claimed his stone was?
(a) A God.
(b) A Prophet.
(c) A bird.
(d) A bear.
2. What kind of cigarettes does Steiner have?
(c) Lucky Strikes.
(d) Pall Mall.
3. What color is Tull's hair?
4. What is the name of the clan Begay is a member of?
(a) The Air clan.
(b) The Mud clan.
(c) The Jump clan.
(d) The Earth clan.
5. What kind of animal does Leaphorn say startles him?
(a) A cat.
(b) An insect.
(c) A rodent.
(d) A reptile.
6. Who does Leaphorn say usually knows everything?
(a) The Listening Woman.
(b) Dave Harper.
(c) The People.
(d) Old Man McGinnis.
7. What case does Leaphorn say he wants to read about in Albuquerque?
(a) The Cop killing case.
(b) The helicopter case.
(c) The kino case.
(d) The Listening Woman case.
8. What does Leaphorn use to cut the nylon string that binds Tso's ankles?
(a) A rock.
(b) A shard of glass.
(c) A piece of flint.
(d) A pocket knife.
9. What does Leaphorn think will kill him if the flames don't?
(b) His weak heart.
(c) A lack of oxygen.
10. What kind of meat are the Dinees roasting?
11. What does the author say stirred the air?
(a) A light rain.
(b) A faint breeze.
(c) A downpour of hail.
(d) A violent wind.
12. How does the author describe the silence between Leaphorn and Tso ?
13. What word is stenciled across the lid of the gasoline cans?
14. What mental illness does Tull suffer from?
(a) Generation X.
(b) Paranoid schizophrenia.
15. Who does Tull speak to on the radio?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the women pouring into the fire pit?
2. What word does Leaphorn hear the Tuba City dispatcher say?
3. How does the dispatcher describe Theodore Markham's complexion?
4. How does the author describe the sky at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. What kind of cloud does the author say the cloud east of Short Mountain has become?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)