|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leaphorn say tells him that he will die of suffocation?
(a) His God.
(b) His lungs.
(c) His brain.
(d) His common sense.
2. How does Margaret describe the policeman she last talked to?
3. Who does Tull speak to on the radio?
4. What kind of woman does Goldrims say Theodora is?
(a) The kind that eats women.
(b) The kind that plays games.
(c) The kind that is never home.
(d) The kind that kills children.
5. What does Jackie like to wear on his head?
(a) A tophat.
(b) A stetson.
(c) A red sweatband.
(d) A woolly hat.
6. What does a man say they will do if Leaphorn does not come down from the box?
(a) Set explosives.
(b) Set the bush on fire.
(c) Send the dog up.
(d) Come and get him.
7. What does Leaphorn use to kill the dog at the end of the section?
(a) A stick.
(b) A rock.
(c) A rock.
(d) A pool of water.
8. What does the dispatcher say the juvenile subjects are wearing?
(a) Boy Scout uniform.
(b) Police uniform.
(c) Eagle scout uniform.
(d) Firemen uniform.
9. What mental illness does Tull suffer from?
(a) Generation X.
(b) Paranoid schizophrenia.
10. What is the name of juvenile subject two?
(a) Tommy Pearce.
(b) Quoc Ngyen.
(c) Jacob Uso.
(d) Norbert Gomez.
11. Who does Witover call a crazy son of a bitch?
12. What does Leaphorn throw at the dog?
(a) A rock.
(b) A stick.
(c) A flashlight.
13. What constellation does Leaphorn notice in this section?
(a) Ursa Minor.
(b) The Orion.
(c) The Milky Way.
(d) The Great Bear.
14. What is spread across the west wall?
(a) An bear skin.
(b) A wolf skin.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A carpet.
15. What words begin the taped message?
(a) I will say this only once.
(b) I need money.
(c) You were warned.
(d) Funny old life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leaphorn say usually knows everything?
2. What happened to John Tull when he was thirteen?
3. Where does Leaphorn say he wants to visit in Albuquerque?
4. What does the author say slants into the falling water?
5. What floods Leaphorn's blood in this section?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)