|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal's footprints does Leaphorn find traces of in the mesa?
(a) A goat.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) A dog.
2. What does Leaphorn say he sees in the blue-haze distance?
(d) The fifth world.
3. Where is the Museum of Navajo Ceremonial Art?
(b) Santa Fe.
4. What had Leaphorn's maternal grandmother been?
(a) A Wind Blower.
(b) A Listening Woman.
(c) A Hand-Trembler.
(d) A Future Seeker.
5. What animal greets the summer night?
6. What does the water Leaphorn drinks taste of?
(d) Pine wood.
7. What kind of kidnapping does Tso think they are involved in?
(a) A symbolic kidnapping.
(b) A government kidnapping.
(c) A terrorist kidnapping.
(d) A child kidnapping.
8. Who does Witover call a crazy son of a bitch?
9. What does Leaphorn dream about in this section?
(a) Cowboys and Indians.
(b) Women and fire.
(c) Winter and punishment.
(d) Summer and youth.
10. What does Leaphorn throw at the dog?
(a) A rock.
(b) A flashlight.
(d) A stick.
11. Who does Tull speak to on the radio?
12. What does Tso say he and his brother are saving the people from?
13. What is inside the gasoline cans?
14. What are the women pouring into the fire pit?
15. What does Leaphorn have to find before Tull and Goldrim arrive with the second set of questions?
(b) A radio.
(c) A weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the company Goldrims worked for?
2. What constellation does Leaphorn notice in this section?
3. What kind of animal attacks Leaphorn in this section?
4. What kind of ceremony are the women preparing for?
5. What does Leaphorn say tells him that he will die of suffocation?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)