|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Leaphorn's maternal grandmother been?
(a) A Hand-Trembler.
(b) A Future Seeker.
(c) A Listening Woman.
(d) A Wind Blower.
2. What does Leaphorn say tells him that he will die of suffocation?
(a) His brain.
(b) His God.
(c) His common sense.
(d) His lungs.
3. What does Leaphorn unhook from his belt after the dog runs away?
(a) His radio.
(b) His handcuffs.
(c) His flashlight.
(d) His gun.
4. What does the author say slants into the falling water?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The stars.
5. How does Margaret describe the policeman she last talked to?
6. What kind of woman does Goldrims say Theodora is?
(a) The kind that kills children.
(b) The kind that is never home.
(c) The kind that eats women.
(d) The kind that plays games.
7. What kind of meat are the Dinees roasting?
8. Who does Leaphorn meet at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Tom Kinn.
(b) Margaret Cigaret.
(c) John Tull.
(d) Begay Utah.
9. How does the author describe the sound Leaphorn hears at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A crow sound.
(b) A opera sound.
(c) A rock sound.
(d) A soprano sound.
10. Where did Tso's father get beaten up?
(a) Tuba City.
11. What is the name of the company Goldrims worked for?
(a) System Security Inc.
(b) Buffalo Society.
(c) The Indian Circle.
12. What does Leaphorn say the Kiows use the sun as a symbol of?
(a) The Prophet.
(c) The Creator.
13. What kind of cigarettes does Steiner have?
(c) Lucky Strikes.
(d) Pall Mall.
14. What is inside the boxes?
(c) Human parts.
15. What does Leaphorn say he sees in the blue-haze distance?
(b) The fifth world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leaphorn throw at the dog?
2. What does Leaphorn have to find before Tull and Goldrim arrive with the second set of questions?
3. Whose voice can Tso and Leaphorn hear as they walk through the cave?
4. What is the name of Benjamin Tso's brother?
5. What happened to John Tull when he was thirteen?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)