|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leaphorn unhook from his belt after the dog runs away?
(a) His handcuffs.
(b) His radio.
(c) His gun.
(d) His flashlight.
2. What does Tso say he and his brother are saving the people from?
3. What kind of woman does Goldrims say Theodora is?
(a) The kind that eats women.
(b) The kind that kills children.
(c) The kind that plays games.
(d) The kind that is never home.
4. How does the author describe the scout leader's face?
5. What mental illness does Tull suffer from?
(c) Generation X.
(d) Paranoid schizophrenia.
6. Who does Tso say beat up his father?
(a) The police.
(b) The sheriff and his deputy.
(c) The Sioux Indians.
(d) Town trash.
7. What is the name of Benjamin Tso's brother?
8. How does the author describe the sound Leaphorn hears at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A opera sound.
(b) A soprano sound.
(c) A rock sound.
(d) A crow sound.
9. What words begin the taped message?
(a) I will say this only once.
(b) You were warned.
(c) I need money.
(d) Funny old life.
10. What constellation does Leaphorn notice in this section?
(a) The Orion.
(b) Ursa Minor.
(c) The Milky Way.
(d) The Great Bear.
11. What does the author say stirred the air?
(a) A light rain.
(b) A faint breeze.
(c) A downpour of hail.
(d) A violent wind.
12. What kind of meat are the Dinees roasting?
13. What is the name of the cake the Dinnees prepare for the ceremony?
(a) Cinders cake.
(b) Kinaalda cake.
(c) Endischees cake.
(d) Riot cake.
14. What does Leaphorn say Tso's hands feel like?
(a) Turkey skin.
(b) Ice cold and bloodless.
(c) Lava warm and comforting.
(d) Goose skin.
15. What word is stenciled across the lid of the gasoline cans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of material have the men used to fasten Tso's ankles?
2. How does the dispatcher describe Theodore Markham's complexion?
3. What kind of animal attacks Leaphorn in this section?
4. What is inside the boxes?
5. What are the women pouring into the fire pit?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)