|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe the silence between Leaphorn and Tso ?
2. Where are the New Mexico State Police located?
(d) Tuba City.
3. How does Leaphorn call Margaret when he addresses her?
(b) My mother.
(c) God's creature.
(d) Lady of the Earth.
4. Whose voice can Tso and Leaphorn hear as they walk through the cave?
5. What is the name of juvenile subject two?
(a) Jacob Uso.
(b) Quoc Ngyen.
(c) Tommy Pearce.
(d) Norbert Gomez.
6. What disability does Margaret have?
7. What kind of ceremony are the women preparing for?
(a) A sun ceremony.
(b) A moon ceremony.
(c) A menstruation ceremony.
(d) A castration ceremony.
8. What does a man say they will do if Leaphorn does not come down from the box?
(a) Set explosives.
(b) Send the dog up.
(c) Set the bush on fire.
(d) Come and get him.
9. What kind of kidnapping does Tso think they are involved in?
(a) A symbolic kidnapping.
(b) A terrorist kidnapping.
(c) A government kidnapping.
(d) A child kidnapping.
10. What does Leaphorn use to kill the dog at the end of the section?
(a) A stick.
(b) A rock.
(c) A pool of water.
(d) A rock.
11. How does the author describe the sound Leaphorn hears at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A rock sound.
(b) A soprano sound.
(c) A opera sound.
(d) A crow sound.
12. What has the dog taken from Leaphorn?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His gun.
(c) His knife.
(d) His hat.
13. What does Leaphorn use to cut the nylon string that binds Tso's ankles?
(a) A pocket knife.
(b) A piece of flint.
(c) A rock.
(d) A shard of glass.
14. What does Leaphorn say tells him that he will die of suffocation?
(a) His God.
(b) His brain.
(c) His common sense.
(d) His lungs.
15. What does the dispatcher say the juvenile subjects are wearing?
(a) Boy Scout uniform.
(b) Police uniform.
(c) Firemen uniform.
(d) Eagle scout uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leaphorn say three dollars is a show of in Short Mountain country?
2. Where is the Museum of Navajo Ceremonial Art?
3. What kind of twins does Tso say he and brothers are?
4. What kind of material have the men used to fasten Tso's ankles?
5. What does Jackie like to wear on his head?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)