|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say slants into the falling water?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) The stars.
(d) The clouds.
2. What kind of animal attacks Leaphorn in this section?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bobcat.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) A wolf.
3. What does Tull say Kiowa claimed his stone was?
(a) A bird.
(b) A God.
(c) A bear.
(d) A Prophet.
4. What kind of material have the men used to fasten Tso's ankles?
5. What kind of cloud does the author say the cloud east of Short Mountain has become?
(a) A male rain.
(b) A lover's rift.
(c) A child's weep.
(d) A female thunder.
6. Who does Leaphorn hear crying in this section?
(a) Julian Waters.
(c) Theodora Adams.
(d) Ben Tso.
7. What does Leaphorn use as a club?
(a) His walkie talkie.
(b) A stickof dynamite.
(c) A mug.
(d) His fist.
8. How does the author describe the scout leader's face?
9. How does Margaret describe the policeman she last talked to?
10. What does the author say stirred the air?
(a) A faint breeze.
(b) A downpour of hail.
(c) A light rain.
(d) A violent wind.
11. What does Leaphorn say tells him that he will die of suffocation?
(a) His God.
(b) His common sense.
(c) His brain.
(d) His lungs.
12. What is spread across the west wall?
(a) A blanket.
(b) An bear skin.
(c) A wolf skin.
(d) A carpet.
13. What word does Leaphorn hear the Tuba City dispatcher say?
14. Which animal's footprints does Leaphorn find traces of in the mesa?
(a) A goat.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) A dog.
15. Where did Tso's father get beaten up?
(a) Tuba City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leaphorn think will kill him if the flames don't?
2. What did Leaphorn find that belongs to the Haas helicopter?
3. What animal greets the summer night?
4. What kind of ceremony are the women preparing for?
5. What disability does Margaret have?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)