|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the water Leaphorn drinks taste of?
(c) Pine wood.
2. What does Leaphorn use as a club?
(a) His walkie talkie.
(b) His fist.
(c) A stickof dynamite.
(d) A mug.
3. Who does Leaphorn meet at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) John Tull.
(b) Tom Kinn.
(c) Begay Utah.
(d) Margaret Cigaret.
4. How does the author describe the sound Leaphorn hears at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A opera sound.
(b) A rock sound.
(c) A soprano sound.
(d) A crow sound.
5. What happened to John Tull when he was thirteen?
(a) He was given his first shot of heroin.
(b) He was kicked by a mull.
(c) He was scratched by a rabid dog.
(d) He was bitten by a bear.
6. What is spread across the west wall?
(a) An bear skin.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A wolf skin.
(d) A carpet.
7. Where did Tso's father get beaten up?
(a) Tuba City.
8. What does the dispatcher say the juvenile subjects are wearing?
(a) Firemen uniform.
(b) Boy Scout uniform.
(c) Eagle scout uniform.
(d) Police uniform.
9. What does Leaphorn dream about in this section?
(a) Cowboys and Indians.
(b) Winter and punishment.
(c) Women and fire.
(d) Summer and youth.
10. What word is stenciled across the lid of the gasoline cans?
11. Who did Leaphorn work with on the Cata homicide?
12. What does Leaphorn say he sees in the blue-haze distance?
(b) The fifth world.
13. What has goldrims dropped into the cave entrance?
(b) Shards of glass.
(d) Trip wire.
14. What does Leaphorn unhook from his belt after the dog runs away?
(a) His gun.
(b) His radio.
(c) His handcuffs.
(d) His flashlight.
15. What does Tso say he and his brother are saving the people from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leaphorn say he will use to kill the dog and the men?
2. What does a man say they will do if Leaphorn does not come down from the box?
3. Where does O'Malley say Hoski went after Washington?
4. What society does Witover ask Leaphorn if he knows about?
5. Where does Milton Silver live?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)