|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is McGinnis drinking when Leaphorn arrives?
2. Who does McGinnis think is the only person who could have written Tso's letter to his grandson?
(a) Anna Atcitty.
(b) Theodora Adams.
(c) The Listening Woman.
(d) Magaret Cigaret.
3. What does Adams say her business has nothing to do with?
4. What kind of car does Adams say she has?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A porshe.
(c) A Stingray.
(d) A Stationwagon.
5. What is the name of the officer who reports that he has set up the roadblock?
(a) Fred Timms.
(b) Tommy Burns.
(c) David Lee.
(d) Tomas Charley.
6. What is one of the disadvantages of being located at the Short Mountain Trading Post?
(a) Shortwave radio communication doesn't work.
(b) Only tourist pass through.
(c) There are no shops nearby.
(d) An officer is always there by himself.
7. Who does McGinis say the boy claimed killed his dog?
(a) A skinwalker.
(b) A goader.
(c) A cactus man.
(d) A goat herder.
8. Who does McGinnis say he is good at trading with?
(c) Drug dealers.
9. Where do the witches initiate people into the clan of wolves?
(a) A cave.
(b) A small island.
(c) An underground lair.
(d) A hilltop.
10. Who does Leaphorn find lying in the back of his car?
(a) Jack Hobbs.
(b) The Listening Woman.
(c) James McGinnis.
(d) Theodora Adams.
11. What kind of bird does Leaphorn think he hears in the gray light?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A vulture.
(c) An owl.
(d) A robin.
12. How does Leaphorn say Charley should play the man in the Mercedes?
(a) Like he is dangerous.
(b) Like he is a drug dealer.
(c) Like he is a gentleman.
(d) Like he is a celebrity.
13. What does the file clerk put on the captain's desk?
(a) A Manila folder.
(b) A box of donuts.
(c) A pile of photos.
(d) A coffee.
14. What was Tso's only son addicted to?
15. What two chants does the listening Woman think Hso will need?
(a) The Lizard Chand and the Death March Chant.
(b) The Coo Coo Chant and the Robin Bird Chant.
(c) The Breathing Wind Chant and the Black Wind Chant.
(d) The Mountain Way Chant and the Black Rain Chant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group is Leaphorn a member of?
2. What trademark does McGinnis have printed on his glass?
3. When is the only time McGinnis says Indians will kill?
4. What does the Mercedes smell like inside?
5. Who does Leaphorn think killed the sheep dogs?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)