|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leaphorn recite to McGinnis in Chapter 9?
(a) Tso's letter.
(b) A passage from the Old Testament.
(c) A Shakespeare poem.
(d) His conversation with Theodora.
2. What does Leaphorn say he fervently believed in as a boy?
(a) The white devil.
(b) Animal spirits.
(d) The concept of evil.
3. What kind of insurance does Leaphorn tell Begay they have in case he gets hurt?
(a) Burial insurance.
(b) Family insurance.
(c) Accident insurance.
(d) Death insurance.
4. What does Leapman think is the religion of the man at Tso's hogan?
(c) Roman Catholic.
5. What European city does Theodora say the man is from?
6. What is Basti's rank in the police force?
7. What does Leaphorn ask Judy to show him?
(a) Her passport.
(b) Her gun license.
(c) Her social security number.
(d) Her driving license.
8. What does the Mercedes smell like inside?
(b) Dog urine.
(c) Fried onions.
9. What is the name of the FBI agent who talked to Margaret Cigaret?
10. How does Leaphorn say Charley should play the man in the Mercedes?
(a) Like he is a celebrity.
(b) Like he is a drug dealer.
(c) Like he is dangerous.
(d) Like he is a gentleman.
11. Why did Tso want his grandson to come home?
(a) To give his inheritance.
(b) To Christen him.
(c) To tell him a family secret.
(d) To marry him off.
12. What is the name of the officer who reports that he has set up the roadblock?
(a) Tomas Charley.
(b) David Lee.
(c) Fred Timms.
(d) Tommy Burns.
13. What was Tso's only son addicted to?
14. Where do the witches initiate people into the clan of wolves?
(a) A cave.
(b) An underground lair.
(c) A small island.
(d) A hilltop.
15. Why does Leaphorn ask Theodora to climb into the front seat?
(a) He wants to speak to her.
(b) She looks uncomfortable in the back.
(c) He wants her to read the map.
(d) He doesn't want her behind him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theodora take out of her purse?
2. What part of his face does Leaphorn cut when he falls into the ditch?
3. What is McGinnis drinking when Leaphorn arrives?
4. What kind of dogs does Leaphorn find in the shallow graves?
5. What does Leaphorn tell Begay to stop stealing?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)