|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leapman think is the religion of the man at Tso's hogan?
(c) Roman Catholic.
2. What kind of car does Leaphorn stop in Chapter 2?
(a) A BMW.
(b) A Mercedes.
(c) A Fiat.
(d) A Saab.
3. What does Leaphorn say he is finding difficult at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Staying awake.
(c) Understanding the case.
4. Why does McGinnis think it is unlikely a Navajo is responsible for the killings?
(a) They only steal.
(b) They are too supersitious.
(c) They are afraid of the repercussions.
(d) They liked both Tso and Atcitty.
5. What is the road to Tso's hogan listed as?
(a) Impassable-- stop all passers through.
(b) Crimewave--watch for drug traffickers.
(c) Unimproved--passable in dry weather.
(d) Dangerous--take care in all weather.
6. What two animals does Leaphorn compare Adams and Tso to?
(a) Rabbit and coyote.
(b) Buffalo and bear.
(c) Wildcat and tiger.
(d) Cat and dog.
7. What does Leaphorn ask Tso to give him?
(a) A driving license.
(b) A photograph.
(d) A letter.
8. Who does McGinnis think is the only person who could have written Tso's letter to his grandson?
(a) Theodora Adams.
(b) Magaret Cigaret.
(c) The Listening Woman.
(d) Anna Atcitty.
9. What kind of car does Adams say she has?
(a) A porshe.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A Stationwagon.
(d) A Stingray.
10. What time does Tso say he was operated on?
(a) Mexican time.
(b) Navajo time.
(c) Tso time.
(d) European time.
11. Who does Leaphorn think killed the sheep dogs?
(a) Emerson Basti.
(b) Another dog.
(c) The Listening Woman.
(d) A vulture.
12. What colors was the east streaked with?
(a) Red and yellow.
(b) Blue and green.
(c) Pink and cyan.
(d) Orange and purple.
13. What does the man in the Mercedes say is happening to Leaphorn's car?
(a) It is overheating.
(b) It is rolling backwards.
(c) It is running low on battery.
(d) It is emitting poisonous gas.
14. How does Leaphorn say Charley should play the man in the Mercedes?
(a) Like he is dangerous.
(b) Like he is a drug dealer.
(c) Like he is a celebrity.
(d) Like he is a gentleman.
15. What is Basti's rank in the police force?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird does Leaphorn think he hears in the gray light?
2. Where do the witches initiate people into the clan of wolves?
3. How does the author describe the radio speaker's voice?
4. Where does Leaphorn meet McGinnis?
5. In which state does Frederick Lynch live?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)