|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does the speaker on the radio mention?
(a) Smoker's City.
(b) Yardley City.
(c) Pope City.
(d) Tuba City.
2. What European city does Theodora say the man is from?
3. Who does Leaphorn suggest screwed up the Tso case?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The MI5.
(d) The Cadets.
4. What is the name of the society that is as militant as you get?
(a) The Buffalo Society.
(b) The Clown Society.
(c) The Monkey Wrench Society.
(d) The Bill Society.
5. What is the road to Tso's hogan listed as?
(a) Crimewave--watch for drug traffickers.
(b) Dangerous--take care in all weather.
(c) Impassable-- stop all passers through.
(d) Unimproved--passable in dry weather.
6. What does the file clerk put on the captain's desk?
(a) A pile of photos.
(b) A Manila folder.
(c) A coffee.
(d) A box of donuts.
7. What part of his face does Leaphorn cut when he falls into the ditch?
(a) His chin.
(b) His lips.
(c) His cheek.
(d) His forehead.
8. Why does McGinnis think it is unlikely a Navajo is responsible for the killings?
(a) They are too supersitious.
(b) They are afraid of the repercussions.
(c) They only steal.
(d) They liked both Tso and Atcitty.
9. What does Leaphorn recite to McGinnis in Chapter 9?
(a) His conversation with Theodora.
(b) A Shakespeare poem.
(c) Tso's letter.
(d) A passage from the Old Testament.
10. What does Leap say a bearded man is as curious as to a Navajo Boy?
(a) A headless chicken.
(b) A winged snake.
(c) A wingless eagle.
(d) A unicorn.
11. What two chants does the listening Woman think Hso will need?
(a) The Mountain Way Chant and the Black Rain Chant.
(b) The Breathing Wind Chant and the Black Wind Chant.
(c) The Lizard Chand and the Death March Chant.
(d) The Coo Coo Chant and the Robin Bird Chant.
12. Where do the witches initiate people into the clan of wolves?
(a) A small island.
(b) A cave.
(c) A hilltop.
(d) An underground lair.
13. Where does Leaphorn arrange a roadblock?
(a) Blue Lake.
(b) Table Mountain.
(c) Exit 56.
(d) Red Lake.
14. What does AIM stand for?
(a) The American Inner Movement.
(b) The American Indian Movement.
(c) The Amish Itinerary Movement.
(d) The Artillery Insect Movemnt.
15. Whose interview does Leaphorn listen to?
(a) David Atcitty's.
(b) James McGinnis's.
(c) The Listening Woman's.
(d) Hosteen Tso's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Navajo Tribal Police have a regulation against picking up?
2. What kind of sickness did Tso's grandfather say he had?
3. Where does Leaphorn say the Adams woman lives?
4. How does Leaphorn say Charley should play the man in the Mercedes?
5. What two animals does Leaphorn compare Adams and Tso to?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)