|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leaphorn think killed the sheep dogs?
(a) Another dog.
(b) A vulture.
(c) The Listening Woman.
(d) Emerson Basti.
2. What does Theodora take out of her purse?
(a) A book.
(b) Dollar bills.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A map.
3. Why did Tso want his grandson to come home?
(a) To give his inheritance.
(b) To tell him a family secret.
(c) To Christen him.
(d) To marry him off.
4. Where do the witches initiate people into the clan of wolves?
(a) A cave.
(b) A small island.
(c) An underground lair.
(d) A hilltop.
5. What does Listening woman use to tap the arbor pole?
(a) Her wand.
(b) Her cane.
(c) Her finger.
(d) Her pen.
6. How does the author describe the radio speaker's voice?
7. What does the man in the Mercedes say is happening to Leaphorn's car?
(a) It is emitting poisonous gas.
(b) It is overheating.
(c) It is rolling backwards.
(d) It is running low on battery.
8. What kind of school did Leaphorn attend in Kayenta?
(a) Boarding school.
(b) Reform school.
(c) Cadet school.
(d) Language school.
9. What is Basti's rank in the police force?
10. What time does Tso say he was operated on?
(a) Mexican time.
(b) Navajo time.
(c) European time.
(d) Tso time.
11. What kind of animal is referenced in Naomi's full name?
12. What kind of bird does Leaphorn think he hears in the gray light?
(a) A vulture.
(b) An owl.
(c) A robin.
(d) An eagle.
13. What is Theodora Adams' real name?
(a) Jackie Rogers.
(b) Margaret Cigaret.
(c) Judy Simons.
(d) Paula Devine.
14. What group is Leaphorn a member of?
(a) The Listening People.
(b) The Slow Talking People.
(c) The Mighty People.
(d) The Fast Talking People.
15. Why does Adams say she doesn't want to tell Leaphorn about her business?
(a) She thinks he is corrupt.
(b) She wants him to find out by himself.
(c) She doesn't believe he is a policeman.
(d) It has nothing to do with the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does the speaker on the radio mention?
2. What does Leaphorn say the Navajo wolves have turned to?
3. What kind of car does Leaphorn stop in Chapter 2?
4. In which state does Frederick Lynch live?
5. What does Leaphorn tell Begay to stop stealing?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)