|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Leaphorn find lying in the back of his car?
(a) James McGinnis.
(b) Theodora Adams.
(c) Jack Hobbs.
(d) The Listening Woman.
2. In which state does Frederick Lynch live?
(c) New York.
3. Who do the Navajo Tribal Police have a regulation against picking up?
(a) Apache Indians.
(c) Sioux Indians.
4. What does Adams say her business has nothing to do with?
5. What trademark does McGinnis have printed on his glass?
6. What was the name of Tso's grandfather?
(a) Go Between.
(b) Standing Medicine.
(c) Royal Lump.
(d) Horse Feather.
7. Who does Leaphorn suggest screwed up the Tso case?
(a) The MI5.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The Cadets.
(d) The FBI.
8. What kind of talk does Largo say he has heard about the Tso killings?
(a) Lynch talk.
(b) Criminal talk.
(c) Trash talk.
(d) Witch talk.
9. Where does Leaphorn meet McGinnis?
(a) The Short Mountain Trading Post.
(b) The Redhorn Trading Post.
(c) The Lono Retreat.
(d) The Final Frontier.
10. Who does McGinnis say he is good at trading with?
(b) Drug dealers.
11. Where do the witches initiate people into the clan of wolves?
(a) A cave.
(b) A small island.
(c) An underground lair.
(d) A hilltop.
12. Why does the man want to give up the priesthood?
(a) He wants to start a business.
(b) He wants to marry.
(c) He feels he is failing to reach his potential.
(d) He no longer believes.
13. What colors was the east streaked with?
(a) Blue and green.
(b) Red and yellow.
(c) Orange and purple.
(d) Pink and cyan.
14. What two chants does the listening Woman think Hso will need?
(a) The Breathing Wind Chant and the Black Wind Chant.
(b) The Mountain Way Chant and the Black Rain Chant.
(c) The Lizard Chand and the Death March Chant.
(d) The Coo Coo Chant and the Robin Bird Chant.
15. Who does Leaphorn think killed the sheep dogs?
(a) Another dog.
(b) A vulture.
(c) Emerson Basti.
(d) The Listening Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the file clerk put on the captain's desk?
2. What is the name of the officer who reports that he has set up the roadblock?
3. What does Listening woman use to tap the arbor pole?
4. What is one of the disadvantages of being located at the Short Mountain Trading Post?
5. Why does Adams say she doesn't want to tell Leaphorn about her business?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)