|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leaphorn ask Judy to show him?
(a) Her passport.
(b) Her gun license.
(c) Her driving license.
(d) Her social security number.
2. What kind of dogs does Leaphorn find in the shallow graves?
(a) Golden retrievers.
(b) Sheep dogs.
(d) Pit bull terriers.
3. What group is Leaphorn a member of?
(a) The Fast Talking People.
(b) The Mighty People.
(c) The Slow Talking People.
(d) The Listening People.
4. What does Leaphorn say he fervently believed in as a boy?
(a) The white devil.
(c) The concept of evil.
(d) Animal spirits.
5. What does McGinnis say Standing Man was noted for?
(a) His humor.
(b) His kindness.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His wisdom.
6. What is the name of the officer who reports that he has set up the roadblock?
(a) Fred Timms.
(b) David Lee.
(c) Tomas Charley.
(d) Tommy Burns.
7. In which state does Frederick Lynch live?
(c) New York.
8. What does Listening woman use to tap the arbor pole?
(a) Her finger.
(b) Her wand.
(c) Her cane.
(d) Her pen.
9. What brand of cigarettes does Leaphorn smoke?
(c) Pall Mall.
10. What is one of the disadvantages of being located at the Short Mountain Trading Post?
(a) There are no shops nearby.
(b) An officer is always there by himself.
(c) Only tourist pass through.
(d) Shortwave radio communication doesn't work.
11. When is the only time McGinnis says Indians will kill?
(a) In a fight.
(b) When someone threatens their young.
(c) When someone takes their land.
(d) As a sacrifice.
12. Who lives at the Cigaret hogan?
(a) Tso Hogan.
(b) Anna Attilla.
(c) The Listening Woman.
(d) Margaret Cigaret.
13. What does the man in the Mercedes say is happening to Leaphorn's car?
(a) It is rolling backwards.
(b) It is emitting poisonous gas.
(c) It is overheating.
(d) It is running low on battery.
14. What is the name of the FBI agent who talked to Margaret Cigaret?
15. Who does McGinnis think is the only person who could have written Tso's letter to his grandson?
(a) Anna Atcitty.
(b) Theodora Adams.
(c) Magaret Cigaret.
(d) The Listening Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Adams say she doesn't want to tell Leaphorn about her business?
2. What European city does Theodora say the man is from?
3. What does the file clerk put on the captain's desk?
4. What is Theodora's father's job?
5. What part of his face does Leaphorn cut when he falls into the ditch?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)