|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Navajo Tribal Police have a regulation against picking up?
(a) Sioux Indians.
(c) Apache Indians.
2. What color are Adams' eyes?
3. What kind of bird does Leaphorn think he hears in the gray light?
(a) A robin.
(b) An owl.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A vulture.
4. What was the name of Tso's grandfather?
(a) Standing Medicine.
(b) Royal Lump.
(c) Go Between.
(d) Horse Feather.
5. What is McGinnis drinking when Leaphorn arrives?
6. Why does Adams say she doesn't want to tell Leaphorn about her business?
(a) She thinks he is corrupt.
(b) It has nothing to do with the law.
(c) She doesn't believe he is a policeman.
(d) She wants him to find out by himself.
7. What kind of dogs does Leaphorn find in the shallow graves?
(a) Pit bull terriers.
(b) Golden retrievers.
(d) Sheep dogs.
8. What does Leaphorn say he is afraid of in Chapter 8?
(a) A dog.
(b) The spirits.
(c) A wildcat.
(d) The weather.
9. What is the name of the woman waiting outside Tso's hut?
10. What time does Tso say he was operated on?
(a) Mexican time.
(b) Tso time.
(c) Navajo time.
(d) European time.
11. What does Tso say he dreams about?
12. What song does Anna say Listening Woman sings?
(a) The song of Sin.
(b) The song of Life.
(c) The song of the Talking God.
(d) The song of the Dusty Wind.
13. What brand of cigarettes does Leaphorn smoke?
(a) Pall Mall.
14. What is the road to Tso's hogan listed as?
(a) Dangerous--take care in all weather.
(b) Crimewave--watch for drug traffickers.
(c) Unimproved--passable in dry weather.
(d) Impassable-- stop all passers through.
15. What language does the Listening Woman chant in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Largo use to polish his glasses?
2. What does Leaphorn say he fervently believed in as a boy?
3. What kind of talk does Largo say he has heard about the Tso killings?
4. What kind of animal does Tso say he killed on the same day the sand paintings were ruined?
5. What kind of drug was stashed in the junk car near Keet Seel ruins?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)