|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group is Leaphorn a member of?
(a) The Fast Talking People.
(b) The Mighty People.
(c) The Slow Talking People.
(d) The Listening People.
2. Why does Adams say she doesn't want to tell Leaphorn about her business?
(a) She doesn't believe he is a policeman.
(b) She thinks he is corrupt.
(c) She wants him to find out by himself.
(d) It has nothing to do with the law.
3. Where does Leaphorn meet McGinnis?
(a) The Lono Retreat.
(b) The Redhorn Trading Post.
(c) The Short Mountain Trading Post.
(d) The Final Frontier.
4. Who does McGinnis say he is good at trading with?
(a) Drug dealers.
5. What does Leaphorn recite to McGinnis in Chapter 9?
(a) A Shakespeare poem.
(b) Tso's letter.
(c) A passage from the Old Testament.
(d) His conversation with Theodora.
6. What part of his face does Leaphorn cut when he falls into the ditch?
(a) His cheek.
(b) His forehead.
(c) His lips.
(d) His chin.
7. What does Largo use to polish his glasses?
(a) A tissue.
(b) His handkerchief.
(c) A wash cloth.
(d) His sleeve.
8. What is Charley's rank?
9. In which state does Frederick Lynch live?
(b) New York.
10. What is the name of the FBI agent who talked to Margaret Cigaret?
11. Who does Leaphorn find lying in the back of his car?
(a) James McGinnis.
(b) Theodora Adams.
(c) The Listening Woman.
(d) Jack Hobbs.
12. What does AIM stand for?
(a) The American Inner Movement.
(b) The Amish Itinerary Movement.
(c) The American Indian Movement.
(d) The Artillery Insect Movemnt.
13. Why does the man want to give up the priesthood?
(a) He wants to marry.
(b) He wants to start a business.
(c) He no longer believes.
(d) He feels he is failing to reach his potential.
14. What time does Tso say he was operated on?
(a) Tso time.
(b) European time.
(c) Navajo time.
(d) Mexican time.
15. What is Theodora Adams' real name?
(a) Jackie Rogers.
(b) Judy Simons.
(c) Paula Devine.
(d) Margaret Cigaret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tso want his grandson to come home?
2. Who lives at the Cigaret hogan?
3. How does the author describe the radio speaker's voice?
4. How does Leaphorn say Charley should play the man in the Mercedes?
5. Why does McGinnis not share his drink with Leaphorn?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)