* Margaret Cigaret also known as the Listening Woman conducts a reading for Hosteen Tso. Margaret tells him the fact he killed a frog could be what is responsible for his illness.
* Tso tells the Listening Woman he wants to write a letter to his grandson. The Listening Woman tells him to ask John McGinnis to write it.
* The Listening Woman has a vision of Tso braiding his hair in a cave. After awhile his face changes to the face of a dead man.
* The Listening Woman now knows she has to tell Tso to arrange for a singer who knows the Mountain Way and Black Rain.
* The Listening Woman calls for her niece to help her. When she doesn't come, she goes looking for her. She finds her niece and Tso dead.
* Joe Leaphorn is driving down Navajo Highway One with one of the...
This section contains 1,519 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)