|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15 (Pages 60 - 96).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Betsy Goodman and Mary Nell Fickett try to diagnose Lisa Shilling by watching Elizabeth Taylor's performance in which movie?
(a) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
(c) Raintree Country.
(d) Three Faces of Eve.
2. Mary Nell Fickett and Betsy Goodman compile a list of psychological conditions including paranoia, schizophrenia, split-personality, and paranoia. To whom do they think this list applies?
(a) Elizabeth Frazer.
(b) Brian Morris.
(c) Lisa Shilling.
(d) Jeremy Bernstein.
3. What does Mary Nell Fickett do as she continues to participate in group therapy sessions with Lisa Shilling?
(a) She begins to use hallucinogenic drugs.
(b) She reads many books on mental illness.
(c) She thinks that Lisa is faking her mental illness.
(d) She secretly dates Brian Morris.
4. According to the narrator, who is the cutest boy in school?
(a) Ben Goodman.
(b) Brian Morris.
(c) Paul Newman.
(d) Neil Donovan.
5. What happens on the first organized group therapy session including Lisa Shilling, Elizabeth Frazer, Mary Nell Fickett, and Betsy Goodman?
(a) Lisa denies she has a problem.
(b) Nothing, because Lisa avoids the scheduled meeting.
(c) Elizabeth slaps Lisa.
(d) Mary Nell cries when Lisa is mean to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lisa Shilling accuse of trying to steal Brian Morris away from her?
2. Mr. Bernstein refuses to talk to Mr. Shilling about Lisa Shilling's mental condition because...
3. Mr. Shilling meets with Rev. Fickett, Mr. Milne, and his daughter, and rejects their claim that Lisa Shilling is suffering from mental illness. What does Mr. Shilling do after the meeting ends?
4. The narrator states that Mr. Shilling's primary motivation is...
5. Lisa Shilling's conversation with her parents opens the novel. Lisa tries to talk to her parents about something important. Lisa's mother, Mrs. Shilling, responds by doing what?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)