|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15 (Pages 60 - 96).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Shilling reject Rev. Fickett's and Mr. Milne's assertion that Lisa Shilling is suffering from serious mental illness?
(a) Because Lisa was always a timid child.
(b) Because he hasn't seen any strange behavior at home.
(c) Because he knows that Lisa likes to fake problems to get attention.
(d) Because he knows that Lisa is beyond help.
2. What sport does Brian Morris play?
3. Lisa Shilling disappears while she is at Betsy Goodman's house waiting for Mary Nell Fickett and Elizabeth Frazer to arrive. Where does Lisa go?
(a) She hides in a closet for a long time.
(b) She goes home.
(c) She tries to drown herself in a river.
(d) She wanders into the street and is hit by a car.
4. As the group therapy sessions continue, why does Mary Nell Fickett lose confidence?
(a) Because Lisa Shilling doesn't seem to get any better.
(b) Because Elizabeth Frazer is much more beautiful than Mary Nell.
(c) She realizes she is not in charge.
(d) She realizes she doesn't know anything about psychology.
5. Elizabeth Frazer agrees to try to help Lisa Shilling...
(a) If Lisa will do Elizabeth's homework for a month.
(b) If she [Elizabeth] can date Brian Morris.
(c) Without any conditions.
(d) If she [Elizabeth] gets paid for her time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Nell Fickett do as she continues to participate in group therapy sessions with Lisa Shilling?
2. When Rev. Fickett and Mr. Milne tell Mr. Shilling that his daughter Lisa is in serious trouble, what is Mr. Shilling's first assumption about Lisa's problem?
3. Which character is described by the narrator as trying "to hard to be clever, too hard to be quick, too hard at everything except at being himself" (pp. 28-29)?
4. What diagnosis is described by "when someone wants to do something and yet knows he shouldn't, he reaches out for the thing he shouldn't have, remembers he shouldn't have it, and pulls back. He can go through this for hours, days, years, which makes him absolutely motionless, afraid to do anything" (p. 62)?
5. The school guidance counselor's name is...
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)