|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 15 (Pages 60 - 96).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Mary Nell Fickett talks to Mrs. Shilling about Lisa Shilling, Betsy Goodman talks to whom?
(a) Mr. Shilling.
(b) Mr. Bernstein.
(c) Mr. Fickett.
(d) Mr. Milne.
2. The narrator states that Mr. Shilling's primary motivation is...
3. Betsy Goodman asks Jeremy Bernstein about Lisa Shilling's mental illness. Bernstein responds by...
(a) Saying Betsy won't be able to help but offering to lend Betsy some books.
(b) Telling Betsy to focus on her schoolwork and leave Lisa alone.
(c) Saying he will take over Lisa's therapy.
(d) Suggesting Betsy is doing more harm than good.
4. Lisa Shilling's only sibling is..
(a) Brian, an older brother.
(b) Tracy, a younger sister.
(c) Ben, a younger brother.
(d) Elizabeth, an older sister.
5. Mr. Bernstein refuses to talk to Mr. Shilling about Lisa Shilling's mental condition because...
(a) He is afraid of the social ramifications.
(b) He doesn't think it's his place.
(c) He thinks Mr. Shilling will hit him.
(d) He doesn't think Lisa has a problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elizabeth Frazer agrees to try to help Lisa Shilling only after...
2. Lisa Shilling tells her friends that she is always tired. Why is she always tired?
3. Betsy Goodman wants Lisa Shilling to teach her how to do what strange behavior?
4. Which character is described by the narrator as looking "like Shelley Winters playing a roadhouse pick-up...stretch-pants two sizes too small, preshrunk sweaters with classic midriff bulge, a fur coat slung over her shoulders, and a scarf hiding the curlers in her hair" (p. 29)?
5. According to the narrator, which major character seems to contribute the most meaningful comments during group therapy sessions?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)