|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Geoffrey exits, what does Eleanor turn to Richard and tell him?
2. After negotiating use of land and horses, why does Richard say he never wrote?
3. Why does this make no difference to Eleanor?
4. Philip opens the canopy of the bed, suggesting that Richard do what?
5. For what has Eleanor come?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eleanor and Henry have a love-hate relationship.
Part 1) Describe this relationship. Why do they have this type of relationship?
Part 2) How does this relationship affect their family?
Part 3) Is anything resolved, regarding this relationship, by the end of the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Henry has strong feelings for Alais.
Part 1) How does he realize he has strong feelings for her?
Part 2) Do his newly realized feelings change the way he acts towards her? Why or why not?
Part 3) Does he love her? Why or why not? Is he capable of love? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The knives and daggers are important.
Part 1) When do knives and/or daggers appear in this play? Why?
Part 2) How are weapons used as foreshadowing? Why?
Part 3) How do these weapons heighten the emotions of the characters, as well as the sense of drama?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)