Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what has Eleanor come?
2. As Philip exits, how does Richard refer to Henry?
3. What does Eleanor say to them?
4. What does Eleanor do when Richard pulls out a dagger and makes as if to kill John?
5. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
Essay Topic 1
Eleanor and Henry have a love-hate relationship.
Part 1) Describe this relationship. Why do they have this type of relationship?
Part 2) How does this relationship affect their family?
Part 3) Is anything resolved, regarding this relationship, by the end of the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Act 2, Scene 3 is a climactic scene.
Part 1) Describe this scene. How is this scene climactic?
Part 2) What symbol reappears here? What is the significance of this symbol?
Part 3) What does this scene reveal about all of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor seems reluctant to kill.
Part 1) How is this known? How does this compare to Henry?
Part 2) Why might these characters be reluctant to kill?
Part 3) How is Henry's sword ironic and, like Eleanor's daggers, symbolic?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)