|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard try to convince Philip to do?
2. About what do Henry and Eleanor tease each other?
3. Why does she tell Geoffrey this?
4. When Richard says he never writes anyone, what does Philip do?
5. What does Henry say about Philip's plan to let the princes fight Henry instead of doing it himself?
Essay Topic 1
Act 2, Scene 3 is a climactic scene.
Part 1) Describe this scene. How is this scene climactic?
Part 2) What symbol reappears here? What is the significance of this symbol?
Part 3) What does this scene reveal about all of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
All the characters and many of the circumstances of this play are matters of historical record.
Part 1) Describe these characters. Why might the author use real people?
Part 2) What circumstances might be real? How do you know this?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for putting real characters into both real and fictional circumstances?
Essay Topic 3
The dialogue is important.
Part 1) Describe the dialogue.
Part 2) Is the dialogue engaging? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is important about the dialogue? Why is this important?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)