|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alais respond when he tells the family about the deal he had made with Eleanor?
2. Why does Philip say he proclaimed his love for Richard?
3. Why does Alais say this about the brothers?
4. How does Henry feel about the way the situation played out?
5. Eleanor realizes she now has an advantage, and tells Geoffrey what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All the characters and many of the circumstances of this play are matters of historical record.
Part 1) Describe these characters. Why might the author use real people?
Part 2) What circumstances might be real? How do you know this?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for putting real characters into both real and fictional circumstances?
Essay Topic 2
Eleanor and Henry have a love-hate relationship.
Part 1) Describe this relationship. Why do they have this type of relationship?
Part 2) How does this relationship affect their family?
Part 3) Is anything resolved, regarding this relationship, by the end of the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The dialogue is important.
Part 1) Describe the dialogue.
Part 2) Is the dialogue engaging? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is important about the dialogue? Why is this important?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)