|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor do when Richard pulls out a dagger and makes as if to kill John?
2. As Philip exits, how does Richard refer to Henry?
3. About what do Henry and Eleanor tease each other?
4. What does Alais tell Henry about what he had just done?
5. About what does John talk as he leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry has strong feelings for Alais.
Part 1) How does he realize he has strong feelings for her?
Part 2) Do his newly realized feelings change the way he acts towards her? Why or why not?
Part 3) Does he love her? Why or why not? Is he capable of love? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Henry is surprised by people's reactions to him.
Part 1) How do people react to him? Why do they react this way?
Part 2) What do their reactions reveal about his personality?
Part 3) Why is he so surprised by their reactions? What does his surprise reveal about his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor changes, emotionally, as the play progresses.
Part 1) How does one know a change occurs in her?
Part 2) Why does this change occur?
Part 3) Is this change permanent? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)