|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. She looks at herself in her mirror and wonders what?
2. Why is Eleanor glad to hear that Henry cares for Alais?
3. What does Eleanor offer Geoffrey to try on?
4. What does Eleanor begin to sing?
5. When Alais asks whether she ever really loved Henry, particularly before Rosamund came into his life, how does Eleanor respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the core of the various conflicts is the issue of who loves whom and how much.
Part 1) Give two examples of this from the play. How do these examples reveal the personalities and opinions of the characters involved?
Part 2) How does this issue affect the relationships of the characters?
Part 3) Why are some characters loved more than others?
Essay Topic 2
Eleanor and Henry have different perspectives on love.
Part 1) What is each character's perspective on love? Compare these two views.
Part 2) How does this affect their relationships with others and each other?
Part 3) What might be the reason for their differing perspectives? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor and Henry have a love-hate relationship.
Part 1) Describe this relationship. Why do they have this type of relationship?
Part 2) How does this relationship affect their family?
Part 3) Is anything resolved, regarding this relationship, by the end of the play? Why or why not?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)