|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alais says that if Henry truly wants to marry her, what is the price he must pay?
2. What implies that Philip is out for revenge?
3. As John begins to panic, what does Geoffrey do?
4. What happens as Geoffrey and Philip discuss what alliances they could make if Geoffrey were to inherit the throne?
5. Richard enters, complaining about what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry is surprised by people's reactions to him.
Part 1) How do people react to him? Why do they react this way?
Part 2) What do their reactions reveal about his personality?
Part 3) Why is he so surprised by their reactions? What does his surprise reveal about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
Eleanor and Henry have different perspectives on love.
Part 1) What is each character's perspective on love? Compare these two views.
Part 2) How does this affect their relationships with others and each other?
Part 3) What might be the reason for their differing perspectives? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
The family agrees, in some respect, on what love is.
Part 1) What is love to this family? How do you know this?
Part 2) Why do they believe this is love?
Part 3) How does it affect their lives and relationships?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)