|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alais says that if Henry truly wants to marry her, what is the price he must pay?
2. What does Alais tell Henry to do about his sons?
3. What does Henry convince Alais?
4. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
5. What reminds John that he agreed to join with Philip in a war against Henry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The dialogue is important.
Part 1) Describe the dialogue.
Part 2) Is the dialogue engaging? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is important about the dialogue? Why is this important?
Essay Topic 2
The knives and daggers are important.
Part 1) When do knives and/or daggers appear in this play? Why?
Part 2) How are weapons used as foreshadowing? Why?
Part 3) How do these weapons heighten the emotions of the characters, as well as the sense of drama?
Essay Topic 3
The family agrees, in some respect, on what love is.
Part 1) What is love to this family? How do you know this?
Part 2) Why do they believe this is love?
Part 3) How does it affect their lives and relationships?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)