|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Philip exits, how does Richard refer to Henry?
2. How does Alais respond when he tells the family about the deal he had made with Eleanor?
3. What does Henry say about Philip's plan to let the princes fight Henry instead of doing it himself?
4. After he exits, what does Eleanor comment to herself?
5. Alone in her bedchamber, what does Eleanor do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Act 2, Scene 3 is a climactic scene.
Part 1) Describe this scene. How is this scene climactic?
Part 2) What symbol reappears here? What is the significance of this symbol?
Part 3) What does this scene reveal about all of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Philip manipulates the brothers.
Part 1) How does he do this? Why does he do this?
Part 2) Why do the brothers trust him?
Part 3) Who manipulates him? What does this reveal about the person who manipulates him?
Essay Topic 3
Henry has strong feelings for Alais.
Part 1) How does he realize he has strong feelings for her?
Part 2) Do his newly realized feelings change the way he acts towards her? Why or why not?
Part 3) Does he love her? Why or why not? Is he capable of love? Why or why not?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)