|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry ask Eleanor about the Aquitaine?
2. What does Henry confess to Alais?
3. When Alais asks whether she ever really loved Henry, particularly before Rosamund came into his life, how does Eleanor respond?
4. What does Henry tell Alais?
5. Henry and Eleanor toast each other and talk about what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The knives and daggers are important.
Part 1) When do knives and/or daggers appear in this play? Why?
Part 2) How are weapons used as foreshadowing? Why?
Part 3) How do these weapons heighten the emotions of the characters, as well as the sense of drama?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is used in this play.
Part 1) Give one example of symbolism. What does it symbolize?
Part 2) What is the purpose of this symbolism?
Part 3) How does this symbolism enhance the play for the audience?
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor changes, emotionally, as the play progresses.
Part 1) How does one know a change occurs in her?
Part 2) Why does this change occur?
Part 3) Is this change permanent? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)