|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard do when he bursts out from behind the canopy?
2. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
3. What reminds John that he agreed to join with Philip in a war against Henry?
4. What does Henry tell Alais?
5. What does Alais tell Henry to do about his sons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Eleanor changes, emotionally, as the play progresses. Part 1) How does one know a change occurs in her? Part 2) Why does this change occur? Part 3) Is this change permanent? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2Eleanor seems reluctant to kill. Part 1) How is this known? How does this compare to Henry? Part 2) Why might these characters be reluctant to kill? Part 3) How is Henry's sword ironic and, like Eleanor's daggers, symbolic?
Essay Topic 3The dialogue is important. Part 1) Describe the dialogue. Part 2) Is the dialogue engaging? Why or why not? Part 3) What is important about the dialogue? Why is this important?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)