|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what has Eleanor come?
2. As Philip exits, how does Richard refer to Henry?
3. What does Eleanor say to them?
4. What does Eleanor do when Richard pulls out a dagger and makes as if to kill John?
5. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is used in this play.
Part 1) Give one example of symbolism. What does it symbolize?
Part 2) What is the purpose of this symbolism?
Part 3) How does this symbolism enhance the play for the audience?
Essay Topic 2
The family agrees, in some respect, on what love is.
Part 1) What is love to this family? How do you know this?
Part 2) Why do they believe this is love?
Part 3) How does it affect their lives and relationships?
Essay Topic 3
The knives and daggers are important.
Part 1) When do knives and/or daggers appear in this play? Why?
Part 2) How are weapons used as foreshadowing? Why?
Part 3) How do these weapons heighten the emotions of the characters, as well as the sense of drama?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)