|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Philip say he proclaimed his love for Richard?
2. What does Henry ask Eleanor about the Aquitaine?
3. Why does Henry tell Alais to go to bed?
4. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
5. How does Richard react when Henry reveals that Eleanor has given him the Aquitaine in exchange for freedom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eleanor and Henry frequently banter.
Part 1) Give two examples. Why do these arguments take place?
Part 2) What is hidden by this banter? How do you know this?
Part 3) How is arguing and bantering used throughout the play to conceal other issues? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Act 2, Scene 3 is a climactic scene.
Part 1) Describe this scene. How is this scene climactic?
Part 2) What symbol reappears here? What is the significance of this symbol?
Part 3) What does this scene reveal about all of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
This play seems to end where it began.
Part 1) How is this true? What have the characters gained, if anything, throughout the course of this play?
Part 2) Why would the playwright have his play end similarly to how it begins?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on this play, as a whole? Do you have any suggestions for the playwright? If so, what are they? If not, why not?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)