|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
2. What does Alais tell Henry about what John thinks?
3. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
4. The characters manipulate each other like what?
5. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what is this play?
2. How does Eleanor respond when John asks if she truly cares?
3. What do the boys do when they believe they are trapped in the wine cellar?
4. How does Alais respond to Henry's attempt at giving her to Richard?
5. How does Henry react when Eleanor agrees to sign whatever he wishes for a little peace?
6. How does Richard mockingly refer to Henry? Describe the argument that continues after this comment.
7. What plans do the boys make once their mother arrives?
8. Why is Philip there?
9. How does Eleanor say she would have been happy?
10. How does Henry respond when Eleanor agrees to his plan with one condition?
Essay Topic 1
The dialogue is important.
Part 1) Describe the dialogue.
Part 2) Is the dialogue engaging? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is important about the dialogue? Why is this important?
Essay Topic 2
The knives and daggers are important.
Part 1) When do knives and/or daggers appear in this play? Why?
Part 2) How are weapons used as foreshadowing? Why?
Part 3) How do these weapons heighten the emotions of the characters, as well as the sense of drama?
Essay Topic 3
This play seems to end where it began.
Part 1) How is this true? What have the characters gained, if anything, throughout the course of this play?
Part 2) Why would the playwright have his play end similarly to how it begins?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on this play, as a whole? Do you have any suggestions for the playwright? If so, what are they? If not, why not?
This section contains 2,032 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)