|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
2. What happens as the brothers bicker?
3. With what does Eleanor enter?
4. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
5. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the first scene take place? According to Henry, what is a futile gesture that Alais makes?
2. To whom does Henry refer, discussing what he will do with his kingdom?
3. How does Henry act when John leaves, upset?
4. What is the response when Eleanor asks about Henry's whereabouts? How does she react to this response?
5. What plans do the boys make once their mother arrives?
6. What does Eleanor do once she realizes she now has an advantage?
7. How does Eleanor threaten Henry?
8. How does Eleanor respond when John asks if she truly cares?
9. What discussion takes place between Philip and Geoffrey?
10. How does Henry react to what Alais says he must do to his sons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry has strong feelings for Alais.
Part 1) How does he realize he has strong feelings for her?
Part 2) Do his newly realized feelings change the way he acts towards her? Why or why not?
Part 3) Does he love her? Why or why not? Is he capable of love? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The family agrees, in some respect, on what love is.
Part 1) What is love to this family? How do you know this?
Part 2) Why do they believe this is love?
Part 3) How does it affect their lives and relationships?
Essay Topic 3
Richard and Philip are in a relationship.
Part 1) Describe this relationship. Were you surprised by this relationship? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does this knowledge of his relationship with Philip change your view of Richard?
Part 3) How is it used as foreshadowing? What does Richard want from his family? How does his needs compare to the needs of his brothers?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)