|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
2. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
3. How many of Henry's children love him, according to Alais?
4. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
5. What does Alais try on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry say he has realized while Eleanor has been in prison?
2. How does the scene end?
3. How does Richard react when Eleanor's condition is revealed?
4. How do the others respond to John's not inheriting the throne?
5. What does Henry tell Alais he wants to happen before he dies?
6. What does Eleanor do once she realizes she now has an advantage?
7. What does Eleanor bring to her sons?
8. How does John feel about Henry? How does Henry learn of this?
9. What does Eleanor say she wants? What is Richard's response to this?
10. What is revealed about Philip's purpose for his actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The dialogue is important.
Part 1) Describe the dialogue.
Part 2) Is the dialogue engaging? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is important about the dialogue? Why is this important?
Essay Topic 2
Act 2, Scene 3 is a climactic scene.
Part 1) Describe this scene. How is this scene climactic?
Part 2) What symbol reappears here? What is the significance of this symbol?
Part 3) What does this scene reveal about all of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is used in this play.
Part 1) Give one example of symbolism. What does it symbolize?
Part 2) What is the purpose of this symbolism?
Part 3) How does this symbolism enhance the play for the audience?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)