|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
2. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
3. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
4. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
5. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Philip tell Richard to do, when they hear Henry calling for Philip?
2. What takes place between Eleanor and Richard?
3. How does the scene end?
4. How is it learned that there is a romance between Philip and Richard?
5. How does Richard mockingly refer to Henry? Describe the argument that continues after this comment.
6. What discussion takes place between Philip and Geoffrey?
7. How much of an enemy can Alais be?
8. How does Eleanor respond when John asks if she truly cares?
9. How does Eleanor say she would have been happy?
10. Why does Henry want Richard to have the crown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eleanor says she had no intention of causing Henry's death.
Part 1) Is she telling the truth? How do you know?
Part 2) Why does she say this?
Part 3) What does this reveal about her character? Has she changed throughout the course of the play? Was she keeping part of herself secret until now? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Eleanor changes, emotionally, as the play progresses.
Part 1) How does one know a change occurs in her?
Part 2) Why does this change occur?
Part 3) Is this change permanent? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The dialogue is important.
Part 1) Describe the dialogue.
Part 2) Is the dialogue engaging? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is important about the dialogue? Why is this important?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)