|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry want before he dies?
2. Geoffrey says he and John can work together freely, adding that they have got to make an alliance with whom?
3. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks him a question regarding the Vexin?
4. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
5. What does Geoffrey say is lacking in his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry say he has realized while Eleanor has been in prison?
2. How does Eleanor stop Richard from killing John?
3. How does Philip want to help John?
4. How is Henry trying to upset Eleanor?
5. How does Henry speak to Philip?
6. What does Henry tell Alais he wants to happen before he dies?
7. How does John feel about Henry? How does Henry learn of this?
8. About what is this play?
9. What does Henry say about Eleanor's smile? How does he respond when she asks whether he ever loved her?
10. What does Geoffrey say can happen now that the others trust him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry is surprised by people's reactions to him.
Part 1) How do people react to him? Why do they react this way?
Part 2) What do their reactions reveal about his personality?
Part 3) Why is he so surprised by their reactions? What does his surprise reveal about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
All the characters and many of the circumstances of this play are matters of historical record.
Part 1) Describe these characters. Why might the author use real people?
Part 2) What circumstances might be real? How do you know this?
Part 3) What is the author's purpose for putting real characters into both real and fictional circumstances?
Essay Topic 3
The dialogue is important.
Part 1) Describe the dialogue.
Part 2) Is the dialogue engaging? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is important about the dialogue? Why is this important?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)