Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eleanor pulls out a small knife and begins to do what with it?
2. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
3. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
4. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
5. Where is this scene set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry speak to Philip?
2. What takes place when Henry enters?
3. What does Henry tell Alais about his enemies?
4. What does Henry say about his and Eleanor's ideas for the future of his kingdom?
5. What does Henry say he has realized while Eleanor has been in prison?
6. What does Henry tell Alais he wants to happen before he dies?
7. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
8. How is Henry trying to upset Eleanor?
9. How does Henry respond when Eleanor agrees to his plan with one condition?
10. How does Richard react when Eleanor's condition is revealed?
At the core of the various conflicts is the issue of who loves whom and how much.
Part 1) Give two examples of this from the play. How do these examples reveal the personalities and opinions of the characters involved?
Part 2) How does this issue affect the relationships of the characters?
Part 3) Why are some characters loved more than others?
Philip manipulates the brothers.
Part 1) How does he do this? Why does he do this?
Part 2) Why do the brothers trust him?
Part 3) Who manipulates him? What does this reveal about the person who manipulates him?
Eleanor and Henry have a love-hate relationship.
Part 1) Describe this relationship. Why do they have this type of relationship?
Part 2) How does this relationship affect their family?
Part 3) Is anything resolved, regarding this relationship, by the end of the play? Why or why not?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)