|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was Eleanor once married?
2. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
3. How big is the Vexin?
4. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
5. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the scene end?
2. What does Philip tell Richard to do, when they hear Henry calling for Philip?
3. What does Eleanor say she wants? What is Richard's response to this?
4. How does Eleanor react when Geoffrey asks why he feels only indifference from his parents?
5. What takes place between Eleanor and Richard?
6. What do the boys do when they believe they are trapped in the wine cellar?
7. How does Philip want to help John?
8. What is revealed about Philip's purpose for his actions?
9. Why is the Vexin essential to Henry?
10. How is it learned that there is a romance between Philip and Richard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The knives and daggers are important.
Part 1) When do knives and/or daggers appear in this play? Why?
Part 2) How are weapons used as foreshadowing? Why?
Part 3) How do these weapons heighten the emotions of the characters, as well as the sense of drama?
Essay Topic 2
Eleanor changes, emotionally, as the play progresses.
Part 1) How does one know a change occurs in her?
Part 2) Why does this change occur?
Part 3) Is this change permanent? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Philip manipulates the brothers.
Part 1) How does he do this? Why does he do this?
Part 2) Why do the brothers trust him?
Part 3) Who manipulates him? What does this reveal about the person who manipulates him?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)