|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
2. To where does Henry invite Alais?
3. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
4. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
5. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry react when Eleanor agrees to sign whatever he wishes for a little peace?
2. Why does Henry ask Eleanor if she has gotten the Aquitaine back from Richard?
3. How does Henry respond when Eleanor agrees to his plan with one condition?
4. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
5. How much of an enemy can Alais be?
6. How does Henry react to what Alais says he must do to his sons?
7. What does Philip tell Richard to do, when they hear Henry calling for Philip?
8. How does Eleanor threaten Henry?
9. How does Eleanor respond when John asks if she truly cares?
10. What discussion takes place between Philip and Geoffrey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the core of the various conflicts is the issue of who loves whom and how much.
Part 1) Give two examples of this from the play. How do these examples reveal the personalities and opinions of the characters involved?
Part 2) How does this issue affect the relationships of the characters?
Part 3) Why are some characters loved more than others?
Essay Topic 2
The dialogue is important.
Part 1) Describe the dialogue.
Part 2) Is the dialogue engaging? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is important about the dialogue? Why is this important?
Essay Topic 3
Henry has strong feelings for Alais.
Part 1) How does he realize he has strong feelings for her?
Part 2) Do his newly realized feelings change the way he acts towards her? Why or why not?
Part 3) Does he love her? Why or why not? Is he capable of love? Why or why not?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)