Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eleanor pulls out a small knife and begins to do what with it?
2. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
3. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
4. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
5. Where is this scene set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry speak to Philip?
2. What takes place when Henry enters?
3. What does Henry tell Alais about his enemies?
4. What does Henry say about his and Eleanor's ideas for the future of his kingdom?
5. What does Henry say he has realized while Eleanor has been in prison?
6. What does Henry tell Alais he wants to happen before he dies?
7. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
8. How is Henry trying to upset Eleanor?
9. How does Henry respond when Eleanor agrees to his plan with one condition?
10. How does Richard react when Eleanor's condition is revealed?
Henry is surprised by people's reactions to him.
Part 1) How do people react to him? Why do they react this way?
Part 2) What do their reactions reveal about his personality?
Part 3) Why is he so surprised by their reactions? What does his surprise reveal about his personality?
Eleanor and Henry have different perspectives on love.
Part 1) What is each character's perspective on love? Compare these two views.
Part 2) How does this affect their relationships with others and each other?
Part 3) What might be the reason for their differing perspectives? Use the play to support your response.
Richard and Philip are in a relationship.
Part 1) Describe this relationship. Were you surprised by this relationship? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does this knowledge of his relationship with Philip change your view of Richard?
Part 3) How is it used as foreshadowing? What does Richard want from his family? How does his needs compare to the needs of his brothers?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)