Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eleanor pulls out a small knife and begins to do what with it?
2. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
3. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
4. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
5. Where is this scene set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry speak to Philip?
2. What takes place when Henry enters?
3. What does Henry tell Alais about his enemies?
4. What does Henry say about his and Eleanor's ideas for the future of his kingdom?
5. What does Henry say he has realized while Eleanor has been in prison?
6. What does Henry tell Alais he wants to happen before he dies?
7. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
8. How is Henry trying to upset Eleanor?
9. How does Henry respond when Eleanor agrees to his plan with one condition?
10. How does Richard react when Eleanor's condition is revealed?
Act 2, Scene 3 is a climactic scene.
Part 1) Describe this scene. How is this scene climactic?
Part 2) What symbol reappears here? What is the significance of this symbol?
Part 3) What does this scene reveal about all of the characters?
Eleanor seems reluctant to kill.
Part 1) How is this known? How does this compare to Henry?
Part 2) Why might these characters be reluctant to kill?
Part 3) How is Henry's sword ironic and, like Eleanor's daggers, symbolic?
The dialogue is important.
Part 1) Describe the dialogue.
Part 2) Is the dialogue engaging? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is important about the dialogue? Why is this important?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)