|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eleanor pulls out a small knife and begins to do what with it?
2. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
3. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
4. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
5. Where is this scene set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry speak to Philip?
2. What takes place when Henry enters?
3. What does Henry tell Alais about his enemies?
4. What does Henry say about his and Eleanor's ideas for the future of his kingdom?
5. What does Henry say he has realized while Eleanor has been in prison?
6. What does Henry tell Alais he wants to happen before he dies?
7. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
8. How is Henry trying to upset Eleanor?
9. How does Henry respond when Eleanor agrees to his plan with one condition?
10. How does Richard react when Eleanor's condition is revealed?
Essay Topic 1
Alais puts pressure on Henry.
Part 1) What kind of pressure does she put on him?
Part 2) Why does Alais put pressure on him? How does it affect him? Why does it affect him this way?
Part 3) What does the pressure she puts on him reveal about him?
Essay Topic 2
Philip manipulates the brothers.
Part 1) How does he do this? Why does he do this?
Part 2) Why do the brothers trust him?
Part 3) Who manipulates him? What does this reveal about the person who manipulates him?
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor says she had no intention of causing Henry's death.
Part 1) Is she telling the truth? How do you know?
Part 2) Why does she say this?
Part 3) What does this reveal about her character? Has she changed throughout the course of the play? Was she keeping part of herself secret until now? Use the play to support your response.
This section contains 1,755 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)