|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
2. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
3. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
4. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
5. What does Henry say history will call him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry ask Eleanor if she has gotten the Aquitaine back from Richard?
2. How does Eleanor stop Richard from killing John?
3. How does Eleanor react when Geoffrey asks why he feels only indifference from his parents?
4. About what is this play?
5. What does Eleanor do once she realizes she now has an advantage?
6. What is Eleanor doing, while she is alone in her chamber?
7. To what decision does Henry come regarding his sons?
8. What takes place between Alais and Henry at dawn?
9. What does Philip tell Richard to do, when they hear Henry calling for Philip?
10. What is revealed about Philip's purpose for his actions?
Essay Topic 1
Henry is surprised by people's reactions to him.
Part 1) How do people react to him? Why do they react this way?
Part 2) What do their reactions reveal about his personality?
Part 3) Why is he so surprised by their reactions? What does his surprise reveal about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
Eleanor says she had no intention of causing Henry's death.
Part 1) Is she telling the truth? How do you know?
Part 2) Why does she say this?
Part 3) What does this reveal about her character? Has she changed throughout the course of the play? Was she keeping part of herself secret until now? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor and Henry have a love-hate relationship.
Part 1) Describe this relationship. Why do they have this type of relationship?
Part 2) How does this relationship affect their family?
Part 3) Is anything resolved, regarding this relationship, by the end of the play? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,760 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)