|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Henry's children love him, according to Alais?
2. What does Alais tell Henry about what John thinks?
3. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
4. Of what does Eleanor remind Richard?
5. What does Henry do as he tells Richard what he imagines Eleanor is saying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Philip there?
2. How does Henry respond when Eleanor agrees to his plan with one condition?
3. What discussion takes place between Philip and Geoffrey?
4. What is Eleanor doing, while she is alone in her chamber?
5. What does Henry tell Alais he wants to happen before he dies?
6. What plot is Geoffrey working on?
7. What does Henry tell Alais about his enemies?
8. What would Alais like to see happen to Eleanor?
9. What does Eleanor bring to her sons?
10. What does Philip tell Richard to do, when they hear Henry calling for Philip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Philip manipulates the brothers.
Part 1) How does he do this? Why does he do this?
Part 2) Why do the brothers trust him?
Part 3) Who manipulates him? What does this reveal about the person who manipulates him?
Essay Topic 2
This play seems to end where it began.
Part 1) How is this true? What have the characters gained, if anything, throughout the course of this play?
Part 2) Why would the playwright have his play end similarly to how it begins?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on this play, as a whole? Do you have any suggestions for the playwright? If so, what are they? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Act 2, Scene 3 is a climactic scene.
Part 1) Describe this scene. How is this scene climactic?
Part 2) What symbol reappears here? What is the significance of this symbol?
Part 3) What does this scene reveal about all of the characters?
This section contains 1,687 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)