|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry announce?
2. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
3. What does Geoffrey say is lacking in his life?
4. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
5. What has John come to announce?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does Henry refer, discussing what he will do with his kingdom?
2. What would Alais like to see happen to Eleanor?
3. How does Philip want to help John?
4. What is revealed about Philip's purpose for his actions?
5. To what decision does Henry come regarding his sons?
6. How does Henry act towards Alais? What is the excuse he gives to Eleanor?
7. What is the response when Eleanor asks about Henry's whereabouts? How does she react to this response?
8. What does Eleanor say she wants? What is Richard's response to this?
9. How does Eleanor say she would have been happy?
10. What is Eleanor doing, while she is alone in her chamber?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eleanor changes, emotionally, as the play progresses.
Part 1) How does one know a change occurs in her?
Part 2) Why does this change occur?
Part 3) Is this change permanent? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Eleanor and Henry have a love-hate relationship.
Part 1) Describe this relationship. Why do they have this type of relationship?
Part 2) How does this relationship affect their family?
Part 3) Is anything resolved, regarding this relationship, by the end of the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor and Henry have different perspectives on love.
Part 1) What is each character's perspective on love? Compare these two views.
Part 2) How does this affect their relationships with others and each other?
Part 3) What might be the reason for their differing perspectives? Use the play to support your response.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)