|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
2. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks him a question regarding the Vexin?
3. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
4. What will Henry's plans do for Alais, as well as make John king and Richard powerless?
5. Henry brings up Rosamund, which in turn, leads Eleanor to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry speak to Philip?
2. How does the scene end?
3. What plans do the boys make once their mother arrives?
4. How does Henry act when John leaves, upset?
5. What does Eleanor do once she realizes she now has an advantage?
6. What would Alais like to see happen to Eleanor?
7. What takes place between Alais and Henry at dawn?
8. Why is the Vexin essential to Henry?
9. How does Richard mockingly refer to Henry? Describe the argument that continues after this comment.
10. What takes place when Henry enters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The knives and daggers are important.
Part 1) When do knives and/or daggers appear in this play? Why?
Part 2) How are weapons used as foreshadowing? Why?
Part 3) How do these weapons heighten the emotions of the characters, as well as the sense of drama?
Essay Topic 2
Eleanor changes, emotionally, as the play progresses.
Part 1) How does one know a change occurs in her?
Part 2) Why does this change occur?
Part 3) Is this change permanent? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Henry has strong feelings for Alais.
Part 1) How does he realize he has strong feelings for her?
Part 2) Do his newly realized feelings change the way he acts towards her? Why or why not?
Part 3) Does he love her? Why or why not? Is he capable of love? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,979 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)