|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alais try on?
2. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
3. Eleanor pulls out a small knife and begins to do what with it?
4. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
5. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it learned that there is a romance between Philip and Richard?
2. How does Richard react when Eleanor's condition is revealed?
3. What is revealed about Philip's purpose for his actions?
4. How much of an enemy can Alais be?
5. Why does John enter? What is Eleanor's response?
6. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
7. What does Eleanor do once she realizes she now has an advantage?
8. How does Henry act when John leaves, upset?
9. Where are Richard and his brothers? Why?
10. How does the scene end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is used in this play.
Part 1) Give one example of symbolism. What does it symbolize?
Part 2) What is the purpose of this symbolism?
Part 3) How does this symbolism enhance the play for the audience?
Essay Topic 2
Eleanor seems reluctant to kill.
Part 1) How is this known? How does this compare to Henry?
Part 2) Why might these characters be reluctant to kill?
Part 3) How is Henry's sword ironic and, like Eleanor's daggers, symbolic?
Essay Topic 3
Eleanor changes, emotionally, as the play progresses.
Part 1) How does one know a change occurs in her?
Part 2) Why does this change occur?
Part 3) Is this change permanent? Why or why not?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)