|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say he has to get for John?
2. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
3. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
4. What happens as the brothers bicker?
5. What does Geoffrey tell John?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry ask Eleanor if she has gotten the Aquitaine back from Richard?
2. What takes place when Henry enters?
3. What does Eleanor say about her feelings towards Rosamund?
4. Why is Philip there?
5. How does Eleanor say she would have been happy?
6. What takes place between Alais and Henry at dawn?
7. How does Eleanor stop Richard from killing John?
8. What does Henry tell Alais he wants to happen before he dies?
9. How does Henry act towards Alais? What is the excuse he gives to Eleanor?
10. What plot is Geoffrey working on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry is surprised by people's reactions to him.
Part 1) How do people react to him? Why do they react this way?
Part 2) What do their reactions reveal about his personality?
Part 3) Why is he so surprised by their reactions? What does his surprise reveal about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
Philip manipulates the brothers.
Part 1) How does he do this? Why does he do this?
Part 2) Why do the brothers trust him?
Part 3) Who manipulates him? What does this reveal about the person who manipulates him?
Essay Topic 3
This play seems to end where it began.
Part 1) How is this true? What have the characters gained, if anything, throughout the course of this play?
Part 2) Why would the playwright have his play end similarly to how it begins?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on this play, as a whole? Do you have any suggestions for the playwright? If so, what are they? If not, why not?
This section contains 1,700 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)