|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When would Philip add his soldiers to John's?
2. Where is this scene set?
3. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
4. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
5. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between Alais and Henry at dawn?
2. How does Henry react to what Alais says he must do to his sons?
3. What takes place between Eleanor and Richard?
4. Why does Henry want Richard to have the crown?
5. What takes place when Henry enters?
6. What does Philip tell Richard to do, when they hear Henry calling for Philip?
7. How does Eleanor say she would have been happy?
8. What does Eleanor bring to her sons?
9. How does Alais respond to Henry's attempt at giving her to Richard?
10. How does Eleanor respond when Alais asks about her feelings for Henry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Eleanor and Henry have different perspectives on love. Part 1) What is each character's perspective on love? Compare these two views. Part 2) How does this affect their relationships with others and each other? Part 3) What might be the reason for their differing perspectives? Use the play to support your response.
Essay Topic 2This play seems to end where it began. Part 1) How is this true? What have the characters gained, if anything, throughout the course of this play? Part 2) Why would the playwright have his play end similarly to how it begins? Part 3) What are your thoughts on this play, as a whole? Do you have any suggestions for the playwright? If so, what are they? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3Henry is surprised by people's reactions to him. Part 1) How do people react to him? Why do they react this way? Part 2) What do their reactions reveal about his personality? Part 3) Why is he so surprised by their reactions? What does his surprise reveal about his personality?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)