|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
(a) She will move to the summer home on the Vexin.
(b) She will purches the Vexin.
(c) She will burn the Vexin.
(d) She will see to it that Henry loses the Vexin.
2. As Eleanor drinks her wine, what does she recall?
(a) How beautiful she once was.
(b) How happy she once was.
(c) How much in love she had once been.
(d) How wealthy she had once been.
3. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
(b) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(c) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(d) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
4. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
(a) He will strike back if she strikes at him.
(b) He will leave her in peace.
(c) He will love her forever.
(d) He will give her the Vexin.
5. What does Alais try on?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A gown.
(c) A small crown.
(d) A new cloak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
2. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
3. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
4. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
5. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Philip's purpose for his actions?
2. What do the boys do when they believe they are trapped in the wine cellar?
3. What takes place when Henry enters?
4. What is the response when Eleanor asks about Henry's whereabouts? How does she react to this response?
5. How does Eleanor threaten Henry?
6. How does Richard mockingly refer to Henry? Describe the argument that continues after this comment.
7. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
8. How does Alais respond to Henry's attempt at giving her to Richard?
9. How do the others respond to John's not inheriting the throne?
10. What does Eleanor say about her feelings towards Rosamund?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)