|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alais try on?
(a) A gown.
(b) A small crown.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A new cloak.
2. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
(a) His brothers hanged.
(c) The crown.
(d) Both the crown and Alais.
3. Geoffrey says he and John can work together freely, adding that they have got to make an alliance with whom?
4. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(b) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(c) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
(d) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
5. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
(a) Who have the rights to land.
(b) Beautiful ones.
(c) Those who are wealthy.
(d) Young ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Eleanor remind Richard?
2. Why does Henry say this person should inherit the crown?
3. Of what does Henry remind Eleanor?
4. To where does Henry invite Alais?
5. How might Henry use the Vexin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the scene end?
2. What does Henry remind Eleanor, regarding her behavior towards him?
3. How does Eleanor respond when Alais asks about her feelings for Henry?
4. How does Alais respond to Henry's attempt at giving her to Richard?
5. How does John feel about Henry? How does Henry learn of this?
6. What does Henry say about his and Eleanor's ideas for the future of his kingdom?
7. What does Henry tell Alais about his enemies?
8. How does Henry act towards Alais? What is the excuse he gives to Eleanor?
9. What does Henry tell Alais he wants to happen before he dies?
10. What is Eleanor doing, while she is alone in her chamber?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)