|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
(a) He wants to spend more time with his mother.
(b) He no longer trusts John, now that he is to have the crown.
(c) Since John is the favorite, he wants nothing to do with him.
(d) Since John is no longer the favorite, he has no interest in serving him.
2. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They dance.
(b) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
(c) They are silent.
(d) They sing Christmas carols.
3. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
(a) Because she has nothing to lose, she is more dangerous than any of them.
(b) She did nothing to convince him.
(c) She blackmailed him, as usual.
(d) She told him she loved him.
4. What does Geoffrey say is lacking in his life?
(d) Attention or affection.
5. What does Alais tell Henry about what John thinks?
(a) John thinks Henry meant what he said about Richard.
(b) John thinks Henry is losing his mind.
(c) John thinks that he has done something to upset Henry.
(d) John thinks Henry does not like Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
2. The characters manipulate each other like what?
3. What does Geoffrey say when John continues to hesitate?
4. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
5. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Eleanor agrees to his plan with one condition?
2. How does Henry react when Eleanor agrees to sign whatever he wishes for a little peace?
3. How does Alais respond to Henry's attempt at giving her to Richard?
4. How does Eleanor react when Geoffrey asks why he feels only indifference from his parents?
5. Why does John enter? What is Eleanor's response?
6. What does Geoffrey say can happen now that the others trust him?
7. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
8. What plot is Geoffrey working on?
9. What does Philip tell Richard to do, when they hear Henry calling for Philip?
10. Where are Richard and his brothers? Why?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)