|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(b) Alais is nothing to him.
(c) She does not care what Henry does.
(d) Alais loves him.
2. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
(b) At first.
3. What does Henry say he has to get for John?
(a) All of France.
(b) The Aquitaine.
(c) The Vexin.
4. Henry makes a joke about how he's giving her what for Christmas?
(a) A tombstone.
(d) A cell.
5. To whom was Eleanor once married?
(a) Philip's father.
(c) Philip's brother.
(d) Philip's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry wonder about everybody?
2. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
3. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
4. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
5. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the boys do when they believe they are trapped in the wine cellar?
2. What does Eleanor do once she realizes she now has an advantage?
3. Why does Henry ask Eleanor if she has gotten the Aquitaine back from Richard?
4. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
5. What is the response when Eleanor asks about Henry's whereabouts? How does she react to this response?
6. What plot is Geoffrey working on?
7. What discussion takes place between Philip and Geoffrey?
8. Why does Henry want Richard to have the crown?
9. How does Henry respond when Eleanor agrees to his plan with one condition?
10. About what is this play?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)