|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Henry invite Alais?
(a) To go for a walk.
(b) To go down to meet the family with him.
(c) To meet his wife.
(d) To go to dinner with him.
2. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
(a) She would become his mistress.
(b) She would be his sister.
(c) She would have to leave the kingdom.
(d) She would be married to him.
3. Of what does Richard accuse Eleanor?
(a) Being a liar.
(b) Being unkind to him and his brothers.
(c) Being more believable in the conversation she had with Geoffrey.
(d) Being a traitor to his father.
4. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
(a) To keep her spirits up.
(b) To keep his enemy close.
(c) To prepare her for marrying one of the princes.
(d) He loves her.
5. When would Philip add his soldiers to John's?
(a) If John marries Alais.
(b) If John goes against Eleanor.
(c) If John decides on war.
(d) If John agrees to get the Vexin for Philip.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
2. What else do they banter about?
3. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
4. As Eleanor drinks her wine, what does she recall?
5. Where is this scene set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eleanor say she wants? What is Richard's response to this?
2. How does Richard mockingly refer to Henry? Describe the argument that continues after this comment.
3. What does Henry say about his and Eleanor's ideas for the future of his kingdom?
4. Why does Henry ask Eleanor if she has gotten the Aquitaine back from Richard?
5. What takes place between Eleanor and Richard?
6. How does Henry react to what Alais says he must do to his sons?
7. How does the scene end?
8. How does Henry respond when Eleanor agrees to his plan with one condition?
9. How does Eleanor react when Geoffrey asks why he feels only indifference from his parents?
10. What does Henry tell Alais about his enemies?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)