|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Henry invite Alais?
(a) To meet his wife.
(b) To go for a walk.
(c) To go to dinner with him.
(d) To go down to meet the family with him.
2. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
(a) She can get him the throne and Alais, but that she has to have the Aquitaine back to do it.
(b) She wants the throne all to herself.
(c) She wants nothing to do with him.
(d) She wants no one to inherit the throne.
3. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) She can believe him most of the time.
(b) It is never safe to believe him.
(c) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
(d) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
4. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
(a) Philip become king.
(b) John become king.
(c) Richard become king.
(d) Geoffrey become king.
5. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
(a) Only to Eleanor.
(b) Only to Richard.
(c) Only to John.
(d) Only to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might Henry use the Vexin?
2. What does Alais tell Henry about what John thinks?
3. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
4. About what is Eleanor determined?
5. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry act when John leaves, upset?
2. How does Richard react when Eleanor's condition is revealed?
3. What does Henry say about his and Eleanor's ideas for the future of his kingdom?
4. To what decision does Henry come regarding his sons?
5. How do the others respond to John's not inheriting the throne?
6. What takes place between Eleanor and Richard?
7. What do the brothers do at the beginning of the scene?
8. What takes place between Alais and Henry at dawn?
9. How does Richard mockingly refer to Henry? Describe the argument that continues after this comment.
10. What does Richard do when Philip mentions their relationship to his father?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)