|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
(a) Richard become king.
(b) Geoffrey become king.
(c) Philip become king.
(d) John become king.
2. What has John come to announce?
(a) Henry is coming to put her back in prison.
(b) Henry has left for the day.
(c) Henry is coming with the terms for the treaty with France.
(d) Henry is marrying Alais.
3. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
(a) He is about to tell her he loves her.
(b) He wants her to leave him alone.
(c) He is annoyed by her.
(d) He is angry with her.
4. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
(a) Her life back.
(b) A game of chess.
(c) A riding tournament.
(d) The last rebellion she led against Henry.
5. How does John respond when Henry asks John whether he has seen Philip?
(a) He does not answer.
(b) He leaves the room.
(c) He yells at him.
(d) He begins to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Eleanor remind Richard?
2. How does Eleanor say she would have been happier?
3. What does Alais tell Henry about what John thinks?
4. What does Henry say he has to get for John?
5. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry say he has realized while Eleanor has been in prison?
2. How do the others respond to John's not inheriting the throne?
3. What takes place between Eleanor and Richard?
4. How much of an enemy can Alais be?
5. What does Philip tell Richard to do, when they hear Henry calling for Philip?
6. How does Eleanor stop Richard from killing John?
7. Describe the conversation between Eleanor and Henry after everyone else leaves.
8. How does Henry act when John leaves, upset?
9. Why is the Vexin essential to Henry?
10. What takes place when Henry enters?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)