|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eleanor pulls out a small knife and begins to do what with it?
(a) Stab Richard.
(c) Carve her will into her arm.
(d) Stab pillow.
2. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
(a) Who have the rights to land.
(b) Those who are wealthy.
(c) Beautiful ones.
(d) Young ones.
3. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her husband's mistresses.
4. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
5. Where is this scene set?
(a) In the great room.
(b) In the castle's reception room.
(c) In Henry's bedchamber.
(d) In the dining room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might Henry use the Vexin?
2. Henry brings up Rosamund, which in turn, leads Eleanor to do what?
3. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
4. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
5. What does Alais think Henry likes to do with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry speak to Philip?
2. What takes place when Henry enters?
3. What does Henry tell Alais about his enemies?
4. What does Henry say about his and Eleanor's ideas for the future of his kingdom?
5. What does Henry say he has realized while Eleanor has been in prison?
6. What does Henry tell Alais he wants to happen before he dies?
7. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
8. How is Henry trying to upset Eleanor?
9. How does Henry respond when Eleanor agrees to his plan with one condition?
10. How does Richard react when Eleanor's condition is revealed?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)