|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard say when Eleanor says she loves him?
(a) She no longer loves him.
(b) She is incapable of love.
(c) She has always loved him.
(d) She loves only Henry.
2. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
(a) Both the crown and Alais.
(c) The crown.
(d) His brothers hanged.
3. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
(b) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(c) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(d) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
4. How many of Henry's children love him, according to Alais?
(d) All of them.
5. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
(a) She will move to the summer home on the Vexin.
(b) She will see to it that Henry loses the Vexin.
(c) She will burn the Vexin.
(d) She will purches the Vexin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
2. What does Henry say history will call him?
3. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
4. What does Eleanor ask Henry, regarding the Vexin?
5. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much of an enemy can Alais be?
2. What is Eleanor doing, while she is alone in her chamber?
3. What do the boys do when they believe they are trapped in the wine cellar?
4. How does Henry react when Eleanor agrees to sign whatever he wishes for a little peace?
5. How does Alais respond to Henry's attempt at giving her to Richard?
6. How does Richard mockingly refer to Henry? Describe the argument that continues after this comment.
7. How does Eleanor say she would have been happy?
8. How does Henry speak to Philip?
9. Why does John enter? What is Eleanor's response?
10. How do the others respond to John's not inheriting the throne?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)