|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might Henry use the Vexin?
(a) A location for a prison.
(b) A summer retreat.
(c) As a launching point from which to invade France if he ever needs to.
(d) As a place to grow wheat.
2. What does Eleanor ask Henry, regarding the Vexin?
(a) How large it is.
(b) Where it is located.
(c) How truly important it is to him.
(d) How much he is willing to pay for it.
3. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They dance.
(b) They are silent.
(c) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
(d) They sing Christmas carols.
4. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
(b) She can believe him most of the time.
(c) It is never safe to believe him.
(d) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
5. What does Henry suggest that the family start doing?
(b) Singing carols.
(c) Hanging holly.
(d) Eating dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry want before he dies?
2. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
3. Eleanor pulls out a small knife and begins to do what with it?
4. What does Alais tell Henry about what John thinks?
5. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eleanor do once she realizes she now has an advantage?
2. What takes place between Eleanor and Richard?
3. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
4. How does Eleanor react when Geoffrey asks why he feels only indifference from his parents?
5. What does Eleanor say about her feelings towards Rosamund?
6. What is revealed about Philip's purpose for his actions?
7. What plot is Geoffrey working on?
8. How does the scene end?
9. How does Eleanor threaten Henry?
10. What does Geoffrey say can happen now that the others trust him?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)