|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Eleanor remind Richard?
(a) Of her plot to get him the crown.
(b) Of the arts she taught him.
(c) Of the evidence she has against him.
(d) Of the love she feels for him.
2. As Henry and Eleanor finish putting up the holly, they banter about whether Henry truly misses whom?
3. Why does Henry ask Alais to stay?
(a) He does not want her to be alone.
(b) Seeing them together upsets Eleanor.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He does not trust her.
4. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
(a) She is not of enough importance to him.
(b) He has enough enemies as it is.
(c) He is through with her.
(d) He is tired of arguing with her.
5. What has John come to announce?
(a) Henry is marrying Alais.
(b) Henry is coming with the terms for the treaty with France.
(c) Henry is coming to put her back in prison.
(d) Henry has left for the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Henry remind Eleanor?
2. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
3. What does Henry say history will call him?
4. What does Henry wonder about everybody?
5. What is Eleanor doing in her chamber?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say can happen now that the others trust him?
2. How much of an enemy can Alais be?
3. What is revealed about Philip's purpose for his actions?
4. How does Richard react when Eleanor's condition is revealed?
5. How does John feel about Henry? How does Henry learn of this?
6. What is the response when Eleanor asks about Henry's whereabouts? How does she react to this response?
7. Why is Philip there?
8. What do Geoffrey and John do as Richard is heard offstage?
9. How does Alais respond to Henry's attempt at giving her to Richard?
10. How do the others respond to John's not inheriting the throne?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)