|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
(a) Since John is the favorite, he wants nothing to do with him.
(b) Since John is no longer the favorite, he has no interest in serving him.
(c) He no longer trusts John, now that he is to have the crown.
(d) He wants to spend more time with his mother.
2. Henry makes a joke about how he's giving her what for Christmas?
(c) A tombstone.
(d) A cell.
3. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
(a) With genuine fondness.
(b) With visible jealousy.
(c) With a shove.
(d) With silence.
4. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
(a) She would become his mistress.
(b) She would be his sister.
(c) She would be married to him.
(d) She would have to leave the kingdom.
5. How big is the Vexin?
(a) The size of all of France.
(c) The size of most of Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eleanor say she would have been happier?
2. Where does the first scene take place?
3. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
4. What does John admit to Henry?
5. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Eleanor and Henry after everyone else leaves.
2. What does Henry say about Eleanor's smile? How does he respond when she asks whether he ever loved her?
3. How does the scene end?
4. What is the response when Eleanor asks about Henry's whereabouts? How does she react to this response?
5. What does Eleanor do once she realizes she now has an advantage?
6. Why is the Vexin essential to Henry?
7. How is Henry trying to upset Eleanor?
8. What takes place between Alais and Henry at dawn?
9. What do Geoffrey and John do as Richard is heard offstage?
10. What plot is Geoffrey working on?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)