|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
(a) Only to Richard.
(b) Only to Eleanor.
(c) Only to John.
(d) Only to him.
2. Of what does Eleanor remind Richard?
(a) Of her plot to get him the crown.
(b) Of the love she feels for him.
(c) Of the arts she taught him.
(d) Of the evidence she has against him.
3. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
(a) Her love.
(b) Her hand in marriage again.
(c) Her trust.
4. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(a) Alais' hand in marriage.
(c) His money.
(d) His counter offer.
5. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) Geoffrey will be king.
(b) John will be king.
(c) Alais will be queen.
(d) Richard will be king.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
2. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
3. Why does Henry ask Alais to stay?
4. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
5. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard mockingly refer to Henry? Describe the argument that continues after this comment.
2. How does Alais respond to Henry's attempt at giving her to Richard?
3. What do Geoffrey and John do as Richard is heard offstage?
4. To whom does Henry refer, discussing what he will do with his kingdom?
5. What plot is Geoffrey working on?
6. What is the response when Eleanor asks about Henry's whereabouts? How does she react to this response?
7. How does Henry respond when Eleanor agrees to his plan with one condition?
8. How does the scene end?
9. What does Eleanor do once she realizes she now has an advantage?
10. How is it learned that there is a romance between Philip and Richard?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)