|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry wonder about everybody?
(a) Whether they all would rather share the kingdom.
(b) Where they have all gone.
(c) Whether everybody needs to be reassured about who loves whom.
(d) Why they do not like him.
2. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
(a) Those who are wealthy.
(b) Who have the rights to land.
(c) Beautiful ones.
(d) Young ones.
3. Geoffrey says he and John can work together freely, adding that they have got to make an alliance with whom?
4. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(a) His counter offer.
(b) Alais' hand in marriage.
(d) His money.
5. Why does Henry say this person should inherit the crown?
(a) John would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(b) Geoffrey would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(c) Richard would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(d) Philip would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eleanor doing in her chamber?
2. What does Philip demand?
3. What happens as the brothers bicker?
4. What does Henry suggest that the family start doing?
5. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Richard and his brothers? Why?
2. How does Eleanor respond when John asks if she truly cares?
3. What does Eleanor bring to her sons?
4. What is the response when Eleanor asks about Henry's whereabouts? How does she react to this response?
5. How does Alais respond to Henry's attempt at giving her to Richard?
6. To what decision does Henry come regarding his sons?
7. What do the brothers do at the beginning of the scene?
8. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
9. How does Henry react to what Alais says he must do to his sons?
10. How does the scene end?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)