|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard try to convince Philip to do?
(a) Sign a peace treaty.
(b) Make an alliance against his brothers.
(c) Make an alliance against Henry.
(d) Make an alliance against Eleanor.
2. What does Eleanor do when Richard pulls out a dagger and makes as if to kill John?
(a) She hands him another, sharper dagger.
(b) She tells him to do it already.
(c) She screams at him to stop.
(d) She stops him with a poetically written speech.
3. How does Henry describe himself?
(a) As the king of kings.
(b) As a master of the arts.
(c) As the king of queens.
(d) As a master bastard.
4. What does Alais comment about Eleanor?
(a) She seems shy and uncertain.
(b) She seems stern and strict.
(c) She seems kind and loving.
(d) She seems cold and unreachable.
5. What does Eleanor say to them?
(a) Stop already!
(b) Go ahead and kill each other. I am tired of dealing with the lot of you.
(c) Do not hurt each other. I do not want blood on my carpet.
(d) People with their differences and hatreds are the origins of war but they could also be the origins of peace.
6. As John begins to panic, what does Geoffrey do?
(a) He tells him to grow up.
(b) He laughs and mocks him.
(c) He advises John to let him handle everything.
(d) He leaves.
7. When Alais asks whether she ever really loved Henry, particularly before Rosamund came into his life, how does Eleanor respond?
(a) No, she never loved him.
(b) That was a very long time ago and makes jokes about Rosamund's appearance.
(c) She cannot remember.
(d) She ignores Alais' question.
8. Richard enters, complaining about what?
(a) How they are all Henry's prisoners.
(b) How he does not like himself.
(c) How he is in love with Alais.
(d) How he would never want to be king.
9. As Philip exits, how does Richard refer to Henry?
(a) As a snake.
(b) As an eagle.
(c) As a lion.
(d) As a bear.
10. Alais says that if Henry truly wants to marry her, what is the price he must pay?
(a) Splitting up his kingdom among his sons.
(b) Killing his sons.
(c) Freeing his sons.
(d) Locking up his sons.
11. What does Eleanor offer Geoffrey to try on?
(a) Her crown.
(b) Her gown.
(c) Her jewels.
(d) Her wigs.
12. What does Alais tell Henry about what he had just done?
(a) He cannot play with other people's feelings the way he played with hers.
(b) He scared her, because she wants to marry John.
(c) He excited her, because she was hoping to marry Richard.
(d) He shocked her, because she never thought she had a chance of marrying into the family.
13. Why does she tell Geoffrey this?
(a) She needs to speak with Philip in private.
(b) She wants John to be protected.
(c) She needs time to tell Henry that John has betrayed him.
(d) She wants to see Henry defeated.
14. What does Henry confess to Alais?
(a) He will kill them.
(b) He does not see himself as having a choice.
(c) He will not keep his sons trapped.
(d) He will split up his kingdom for each of them.
15. Does Henry believe Richard?
(c) He wants to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard do when he bursts out from behind the canopy?
2. After he exits, what does Eleanor comment to herself?
3. What does Henry ask Eleanor about the Aquitaine?
4. What does Richard say is the only thing he wants from Henry?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 6 take place?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)