|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Henry and Eleanor tease each other?
(a) How scared they were and what happens next.
(b) How selfish their children are.
(c) How old they have become.
(d) How silly the whole situation is.
2. What does Richard do when he bursts out from behind the canopy?
(a) He insists Philip's love was genuine.
(b) He tells Philip he hates him.
(c) He insists it is all a lie.
(d) He tells his father he is sorry.
3. Why does Geoffrey enter?
(a) He is going to sleep.
(b) He is looking for his father.
(c) He is looking for Alais.
(d) He is looking for John.
4. Henry and Eleanor toast each other and talk about what?
(a) Their plans for each other.
(b) Henry's plans after the confrontation in Philip's bedroom.
(c) Eleanor's plans for Henry.
(d) Henry's plans for Alais.
5. What reminds John that he agreed to join with Philip in a war against Henry?
(a) John hears Philip's army outside.
(b) John receives a note from Philip asking how many soldiers he needs.
(c) Geoffrey pointedly comments that there is still Philip to consider.
(d) Philip shows up and reminds him.
6. What does Alais say Eleanor sees when she looks at Henry?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Cities and coastlines and taxes.
(c) A kind man.
(d) The king.
7. As John begins to panic, what does Geoffrey do?
(a) He advises John to let him handle everything.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He laughs and mocks him.
(d) He tells him to grow up.
8. What does Henry convince Alais?
(a) There is nothing Eleanor or Richard can do to stop them.
(b) They will enjoy Rome.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He no longer loves her.
9. What does Richard say is the only thing he wants from Henry?
(a) His crown.
(b) His affection.
(c) His money.
(d) His head.
10. For what has Eleanor come?
(a) To tell Henry she is leaving.
(b) To give Henry whatever he asks.
(c) To allow Alais to be with him.
(d) To tell Henry what she wants.
11. Alone in her bedchamber, what does Eleanor do?
(a) She tries on her jewels.
(b) She thinks about her marriage.
(c) She cries.
(d) She wishes she could be away from this kingdom.
12. Why does this make no difference to Eleanor?
(a) She does not want him to be king.
(b) She wants him to love Alais.
(c) She is already a prisoner.
(d) She does not like him either.
13. What causes Richard to pull a dagger on John?
(a) John is scared of knives.
(b) John waves a dagger in Richard's face.
(c) John threatens him.
(d) John mocks him.
14. What does Henry tell Alais?
(a) He is sending her to Rome.
(b) She is marrying Richard.
(c) He is leaving for Rome.
(d) They are leaving for Rome.
15. Where are Richard and his brothers locked up?
(a) The stables.
(b) The tower.
(c) The wine cellar.
(d) The dungeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard enters, complaining about what?
2. About what does John talk as he leaves?
3. What does Henry do to try to get Alais to obey him?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 6 take place?
5. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)