|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eleanor realizes she now has an advantage, and tells Geoffrey what?
(a) To take John to Philip.
(b) To keep John away from Henry.
(c) To take Philip to John.
(d) To keep John away from Philip.
2. Why did Eleanor hate Rosamund?
(a) She taunted Eleanor.
(b) She took her place at Henry's side.
(c) She was more beautiful than Eleanor.
(d) She was an evil woman.
3. Henry speaks lovingly to Alais, and then as Eleanor watches, what does he do?
(a) He tells Alais to leave.
(b) He turns and kisses Eleanor.
(c) He tells Alais he was only pretending to love her.
(d) He kisses her passionately.
4. What happens as Geoffrey and Philip discuss what alliances they could make if Geoffrey were to inherit the throne?
(a) Eleanor arrives and wants to join the alliance.
(b) John jumps out from behind a tapestry and accuses Geoffrey of betraying him.
(c) Richard jumps out from behind the bed and wants to join the alliance.
(d) Henry runs into the room and asks what is going on.
5. What does Henry ask Eleanor about the Aquitaine?
(a) Whether he can purchase it from her.
(b) Whether she has gotten it back from Richard.
(c) When she would like to go there.
(d) Where it is located.
6. When Richard says he never writes anyone, what does Philip do?
(a) He apologizes.
(b) He changes the subject and asks what kind of deal they could make.
(c) He agrees that he does not anyone.
(d) He begins to sob.
7. Henry tells Alais that he realized what?
(a) He is tired of her.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) He could not lose her.
(d) He loves Eleanor.
8. Of what does Richard remind Philip?
(a) He wants to break up with him.
(b) He loves him.
(c) He has not said he loves him.
(d) He cannot stand him.
9. Why does Alais say this about the brothers?
(a) She cares for them.
(b) She hates them and wants to see them dead.
(c) If she ever actually has a child they would come after it and kill it.
(d) She wants to marry one of them.
10. Alone in her bedchamber, what does Eleanor do?
(a) She wishes she could be away from this kingdom.
(b) She cries.
(c) She thinks about her marriage.
(d) She tries on her jewels.
11. As John begins to panic, what does Geoffrey do?
(a) He tells him to grow up.
(b) He laughs and mocks him.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He advises John to let him handle everything.
12. What reminds John that he agreed to join with Philip in a war against Henry?
(a) Geoffrey pointedly comments that there is still Philip to consider.
(b) John receives a note from Philip asking how many soldiers he needs.
(c) John hears Philip's army outside.
(d) Philip shows up and reminds him.
13. What does Henry say about his two demands, for Alais' marriage or the return of the Vexin?
(a) Neither will happen now.
(b) The Vexin will happen now.
(c) They may both happen now.
(d) Alais' marriage will happen now.
14. Eleanor agrees, but adds a condition. What is that condition?
(a) Henry must find a new lover.
(b) Richard and Alais marry right away.
(c) Henry must only love her.
(d) Richard must be king.
15. What does Henry say that he will give Eleanor if she gives him the Aquitaine?
(a) Her freedom.
(b) Her bedchamber.
(c) His love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard react when Henry reveals that Eleanor has given him the Aquitaine in exchange for freedom?
2. Richard enters, complaining about what?
3. What does Richard try to convince Philip to do?
4. Philip opens the canopy of the bed, suggesting that Richard do what?
5. To what does Richard challenge Henry?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)