Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what has Eleanor come?
(a) To allow Alais to be with him.
(b) To tell Henry she is leaving.
(c) To tell Henry what she wants.
(d) To give Henry whatever he asks.
2. As Philip exits, how does Richard refer to Henry?
(a) As a bear.
(b) As a snake.
(c) As an eagle.
(d) As a lion.
3. What does Eleanor say to them?
(a) Stop already!
(b) People with their differences and hatreds are the origins of war but they could also be the origins of peace.
(c) Go ahead and kill each other. I am tired of dealing with the lot of you.
(d) Do not hurt each other. I do not want blood on my carpet.
4. What does Eleanor do when Richard pulls out a dagger and makes as if to kill John?
(a) She tells him to do it already.
(b) She stops him with a poetically written speech.
(c) She hands him another, sharper dagger.
(d) She screams at him to stop.
5. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
(a) She wants to kiss him.
(b) She does not want Alais anywhere near him.
(c) She wants to see him kiss her.
(d) She wants him to love her.
6. Why does Geoffrey enter?
(a) He is looking for his father.
(b) He is looking for Alais.
(c) He is going to sleep.
(d) He is looking for John.
7. As John begins to panic, what does Geoffrey do?
(a) He laughs and mocks him.
(b) He tells him to grow up.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He advises John to let him handle everything.
8. What does Henry say about Philip's plan to let the princes fight Henry instead of doing it himself?
(a) It is so dangerous.
(b) It is a selfish thing to do.
(c) It is first-class thinking.
(d) It is a horrible idea.
9. What does Henry do to try to get Alais to obey him?
(a) He blackmails her.
(b) He bullies her.
(c) He tortures her.
(d) He bribes her.
10. Where are Richard and his brothers locked up?
(a) The dungeon.
(b) The tower.
(c) The stables.
(d) The wine cellar.
11. What does Alais say Eleanor sees when she looks at Henry?
(a) The king.
(b) A kind man.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Cities and coastlines and taxes.
12. What does Henry say about his two demands, for Alais' marriage or the return of the Vexin?
(a) The Vexin will happen now.
(b) Neither will happen now.
(c) Alais' marriage will happen now.
(d) They may both happen now.
13. What does Alais ask Henry as he goes to leave?
(a) Where he is going.
(b) Whether he is going to let his sons out or lock them in.
(c) If he will come back for her.
(d) When they leave for Rome.
14. Why does she tell Geoffrey this?
(a) She needs to speak with Philip in private.
(b) She wants John to be protected.
(c) She wants to see Henry defeated.
(d) She needs time to tell Henry that John has betrayed him.
15. What does Alais tell Henry about what he had just done?
(a) He scared her, because she wants to marry John.
(b) He cannot play with other people's feelings the way he played with hers.
(c) He shocked her, because she never thought she had a chance of marrying into the family.
(d) He excited her, because she was hoping to marry Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. She looks at herself in her mirror and wonders what?
2. Why does this make no difference to Eleanor?
3. When Alais asks whether she ever really loved Henry, particularly before Rosamund came into his life, how does Eleanor respond?
4. What reminds John that he agreed to join with Philip in a war against Henry?
5. Why does Philip say he proclaimed his love for Richard?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)