|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eleanor now able to do?
(a) Protect her property.
(b) Stick her knife in Henry's vulnerable spot, his belief that John loves him.
(c) Fall back in love with Henry.
(d) Be free of her sons.
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 6 take place?
(a) Henry's bedroom.
(b) In Philip's bedroom.
(c) Alais' bedroom.
(d) Eleanor's bedroom.
3. What does Philip say about his marriage?
(a) He does not want to be married.
(b) It is a strong bond.
(c) It makes no difference.
(d) He wishes it were Richard.
4. How does Alais respond when he tells the family about the deal he had made with Eleanor?
(a) He must be believed.
(b) He is only plotting and is not to be believed.
(c) She is shocked that he would do this to her.
(d) He has lost his mind.
5. What reminds John that he agreed to join with Philip in a war against Henry?
(a) John receives a note from Philip asking how many soldiers he needs.
(b) Philip shows up and reminds him.
(c) John hears Philip's army outside.
(d) Geoffrey pointedly comments that there is still Philip to consider.
6. What does Henry say that he will give Eleanor if she gives him the Aquitaine?
(a) Her freedom.
(b) Her bedchamber.
(c) His love.
7. How does Henry feel about the way the situation played out?
8. What is Alais doing as this scene begins?
(a) Sitting by the fire, adding spices to a pot of hot wine and singing a Christmas carol.
(b) Knitting by the fire and singing Christmas carols.
(c) Sleeping by the fire.
(d) Reading a book by the fire.
9. Why does Alais say this about the brothers?
(a) She wants to marry one of them.
(b) If she ever actually has a child they would come after it and kill it.
(c) She hates them and wants to see them dead.
(d) She cares for them.
10. What does Henry do to try to get Alais to obey him?
(a) He blackmails her.
(b) He bribes her.
(c) He bullies her.
(d) He tortures her.
11. What causes Richard to pull a dagger on John?
(a) John mocks him.
(b) John is scared of knives.
(c) John threatens him.
(d) John waves a dagger in Richard's face.
12. As John begins to panic, what does Geoffrey do?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He tells him to grow up.
(c) He laughs and mocks him.
(d) He advises John to let him handle everything.
13. How does Henry describe himself?
(a) As the king of queens.
(b) As a master bastard.
(c) As the king of kings.
(d) As a master of the arts.
14. What does Eleanor say to Alais?
(a) Tthey can talk behind Henry's back, briefly recounting what happened in Philip's bedroom.
(b) She does not like Alais.
(c) She does not want to talk about Henry behind his back.
(d) They should not be seen together.
15. As Philip exits, how does Richard refer to Henry?
(a) As a snake.
(b) As a bear.
(c) As a lion.
(d) As an eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alone in her bedchamber, what does Eleanor do?
2. Why did Eleanor hate Rosamund?
3. Richard enters, complaining about what?
4. Of what does Richard remind Philip?
5. What does Alais ask Henry as he goes to leave?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)