|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Geoffrey enters, saying that Richard is in a _________.
(a) Worried state.
(b) Room down the hall.
(c) Good mood.
2. What do Geoffrey and John do when Richard is heard offstage?
(a) They call to him.
(b) They run out of the room.
(c) They hide behind tapestries as he enters.
(d) They climb out the window.
3. What does Henry do at dawn the next day?
(a) Wakes Eleanor.
(b) Wakes Alais.
(c) Searches for his sons.
4. What reminds John that he agreed to join with Philip in a war against Henry?
(a) Geoffrey pointedly comments that there is still Philip to consider.
(b) John hears Philip's army outside.
(c) John receives a note from Philip asking how many soldiers he needs.
(d) Philip shows up and reminds him.
5. What does Eleanor offer Henry because she is tired?
(a) To return to the prison.
(b) To leave the kingdom.
(c) To sign anything he wants.
(d) To leave him in peace.
6. What does Alais tell Henry about what he had just done?
(a) He shocked her, because she never thought she had a chance of marrying into the family.
(b) He scared her, because she wants to marry John.
(c) He cannot play with other people's feelings the way he played with hers.
(d) He excited her, because she was hoping to marry Richard.
7. What does Alais comment about Eleanor?
(a) She seems kind and loving.
(b) She seems cold and unreachable.
(c) She seems shy and uncertain.
(d) She seems stern and strict.
8. What causes Richard to pull a dagger on John?
(a) John waves a dagger in Richard's face.
(b) John is scared of knives.
(c) John mocks him.
(d) John threatens him.
9. Why has Henry come?
(a) To begin a war.
(b) To get his land back.
(c) To offer peace.
(d) To find his sons.
10. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
(a) She wants to see him kiss her.
(b) She wants to kiss him.
(c) She wants him to love her.
(d) She does not want Alais anywhere near him.
11. What does Eleanor offer Geoffrey to try on?
(a) Her jewels.
(b) Her gown.
(c) Her crown.
(d) Her wigs.
12. Why does Geoffrey enter?
(a) He is looking for John.
(b) He is going to sleep.
(c) He is looking for his father.
(d) He is looking for Alais.
13. What is Eleanor now able to do?
(a) Protect her property.
(b) Be free of her sons.
(c) Stick her knife in Henry's vulnerable spot, his belief that John loves him.
(d) Fall back in love with Henry.
14. How does Henry feel about the way the situation played out?
15. About what does John talk as he leaves?
(a) How he is king again.
(b) How he wishes he could be king.
(c) How he is tired of waiting to learn if he will be king.
(d) How Richard will make a poor king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say about his two demands, for Alais' marriage or the return of the Vexin?
2. What does Henry confess to Alais?
3. What does Henry do to try to get Alais to obey him?
4. Henry and Eleanor toast each other and talk about what?
5. What does Henry ask Eleanor about the Aquitaine?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)