|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alone in her bedchamber, what does Eleanor do?
(a) She wishes she could be away from this kingdom.
(b) She tries on her jewels.
(c) She cries.
(d) She thinks about her marriage.
2. As Philip exits, how does Richard refer to Henry?
(a) As a bear.
(b) As an eagle.
(c) As a lion.
(d) As a snake.
3. Why does Alais say this about the brothers?
(a) She hates them and wants to see them dead.
(b) If she ever actually has a child they would come after it and kill it.
(c) She cares for them.
(d) She wants to marry one of them.
4. What does Alais ask Henry as he goes to leave?
(a) Whether he is going to let his sons out or lock them in.
(b) When they leave for Rome.
(c) Where he is going.
(d) If he will come back for her.
5. What implies that Philip is out for revenge?
(a) Henry abused and manipulated his father.
(b) He has been stalking Henry for years.
(c) Henry has always been unkind to him.
(d) Henry abused him as a child.
6. What is Eleanor now able to do?
(a) Be free of her sons.
(b) Protect her property.
(c) Fall back in love with Henry.
(d) Stick her knife in Henry's vulnerable spot, his belief that John loves him.
7. Henry tells Alais that he realized what?
(a) He is tired of her.
(b) He could not lose her.
(c) He loves Eleanor.
(d) He does not love her.
8. Why does this make no difference to Eleanor?
(a) She is already a prisoner.
(b) She wants him to love Alais.
(c) She does not like him either.
(d) She does not want him to be king.
9. Richard enters, complaining about what?
(a) How he does not like himself.
(b) How he would never want to be king.
(c) How they are all Henry's prisoners.
(d) How he is in love with Alais.
10. After negotiating use of land and horses, why does Richard say he never wrote?
(a) He did not think Philip would answer.
(b) He does not trust Philip.
(c) He cannot spell.
(d) He did not know what to say.
11. She looks at herself in her mirror and wonders what?
(a) Why she is so alone.
(b) How her king could have left her.
(c) Where the years had gone.
(d) How she had grown so old.
12. When Geoffrey exits, what does Eleanor turn to Richard and tell him?
(a) To make an alliance with Philip at any cost.
(b) To find Henry.
(c) To bring Philip to her.
(d) To kill his brothers.
13. When Alais asks whether she ever really loved Henry, particularly before Rosamund came into his life, how does Eleanor respond?
(a) She ignores Alais' question.
(b) That was a very long time ago and makes jokes about Rosamund's appearance.
(c) She cannot remember.
(d) No, she never loved him.
14. For what has Eleanor come?
(a) To tell Henry she is leaving.
(b) To give Henry whatever he asks.
(c) To tell Henry what she wants.
(d) To allow Alais to be with him.
15. What does Eleanor offer Geoffrey to try on?
(a) Her crown.
(b) Her gown.
(c) Her jewels.
(d) Her wigs.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he exits, what does Eleanor comment to herself?
2. Alais says that if Henry truly wants to marry her, what is the price he must pay?
3. What causes Richard to pull a dagger on John?
4. What is Alais doing as this scene begins?
5. Why does she tell Geoffrey this?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)