|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alais tell Henry to do about his sons?
(a) Leave them there.
(b) Exile them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Help them escape.
2. Henry and Eleanor toast each other and talk about what?
(a) Henry's plans for Alais.
(b) Their plans for each other.
(c) Eleanor's plans for Henry.
(d) Henry's plans after the confrontation in Philip's bedroom.
3. About what does John talk as he leaves?
(a) How Richard will make a poor king.
(b) How he wishes he could be king.
(c) How he is tired of waiting to learn if he will be king.
(d) How he is king again.
4. Richard enters, complaining about what?
(a) How he does not like himself.
(b) How he is in love with Alais.
(c) How he would never want to be king.
(d) How they are all Henry's prisoners.
5. When Richard says he never writes anyone, what does Philip do?
(a) He changes the subject and asks what kind of deal they could make.
(b) He begins to sob.
(c) He agrees that he does not anyone.
(d) He apologizes.
6. How does Henry feel about the way the situation played out?
7. What does Alais tell Henry about what he had just done?
(a) He shocked her, because she never thought she had a chance of marrying into the family.
(b) He scared her, because she wants to marry John.
(c) He excited her, because she was hoping to marry Richard.
(d) He cannot play with other people's feelings the way he played with hers.
8. John enters, saying he wants to do what?
(d) Hurt Henry.
9. What does Henry say about his two demands, for Alais' marriage or the return of the Vexin?
(a) The Vexin will happen now.
(b) They may both happen now.
(c) Neither will happen now.
(d) Alais' marriage will happen now.
10. Why does Philip say he proclaimed his love for Richard?
(a) So he could one day rule the kingdom.
(b) So he could one day torture Henry with the revelation of his son's deviant nature.
(c) Because he loves him.
(d) So he could become Richard's queen.
11. What causes Richard to pull a dagger on John?
(a) John threatens him.
(b) John mocks him.
(c) John is scared of knives.
(d) John waves a dagger in Richard's face.
12. About what do Henry and Eleanor tease each other?
(a) How selfish their children are.
(b) How old they have become.
(c) How silly the whole situation is.
(d) How scared they were and what happens next.
13. Henry speaks lovingly to Alais, and then as Eleanor watches, what does he do?
(a) He tells Alais he was only pretending to love her.
(b) He kisses her passionately.
(c) He turns and kisses Eleanor.
(d) He tells Alais to leave.
14. Why does this make no difference to Eleanor?
(a) She does not want him to be king.
(b) She does not like him either.
(c) She is already a prisoner.
(d) She wants him to love Alais.
15. To what does Richard challenge Henry?
(a) A jousting tournament.
(b) A game of chess.
(d) A duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alais asks whether she ever really loved Henry, particularly before Rosamund came into his life, how does Eleanor respond?
2. For what has Eleanor come?
3. What does Henry confess to Alais?
4. Why does Henry tell Alais to go to bed?
5. What is Eleanor now able to do?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)