|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard try to convince Philip to do?
(a) Sign a peace treaty.
(b) Make an alliance against Eleanor.
(c) Make an alliance against Henry.
(d) Make an alliance against his brothers.
2. Why did Eleanor hate Rosamund?
(a) She was an evil woman.
(b) She was more beautiful than Eleanor.
(c) She taunted Eleanor.
(d) She took her place at Henry's side.
3. Why does Alais say this about the brothers?
(a) If she ever actually has a child they would come after it and kill it.
(b) She cares for them.
(c) She wants to marry one of them.
(d) She hates them and wants to see them dead.
4. Henry declares everyone will be what, until they agree John is to be the next king?
(b) In danger.
5. Why has Henry come?
(a) To offer peace.
(b) To get his land back.
(c) To find his sons.
(d) To begin a war.
6. After he exits, what does Eleanor comment to herself?
(a) That she has not lost.
(b) That she has lost.
(c) That Henry will lose.
(d) That Philip will lose.
7. When Geoffrey exits, what does Eleanor turn to Richard and tell him?
(a) To make an alliance with Philip at any cost.
(b) To find Henry.
(c) To kill his brothers.
(d) To bring Philip to her.
8. Philip opens the canopy of the bed, suggesting that Richard do what?
(a) Rest and relax.
(b) Make the bed.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Hide and listen to what Henry has to say.
9. What reminds John that he agreed to join with Philip in a war against Henry?
(a) John hears Philip's army outside.
(b) Geoffrey pointedly comments that there is still Philip to consider.
(c) Philip shows up and reminds him.
(d) John receives a note from Philip asking how many soldiers he needs.
10. Alais says that if Henry truly wants to marry her, what is the price he must pay?
(a) Killing his sons.
(b) Locking up his sons.
(c) Splitting up his kingdom among his sons.
(d) Freeing his sons.
11. Richard enters, complaining about what?
(a) How they are all Henry's prisoners.
(b) How he does not like himself.
(c) How he is in love with Alais.
(d) How he would never want to be king.
12. About what does John talk as he leaves?
(a) How he is tired of waiting to learn if he will be king.
(b) How he is king again.
(c) How he wishes he could be king.
(d) How Richard will make a poor king.
13. What does Henry ask Eleanor about the Aquitaine?
(a) When she would like to go there.
(b) Where it is located.
(c) Whether he can purchase it from her.
(d) Whether she has gotten it back from Richard.
14. About what do Henry and Eleanor tease each other?
(a) How selfish their children are.
(b) How silly the whole situation is.
(c) How old they have become.
(d) How scared they were and what happens next.
15. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
(a) She wants to kiss him.
(b) She does not want Alais anywhere near him.
(c) She wants to see him kiss her.
(d) She wants him to love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry feel about the way the situation played out?
2. When Alais asks whether she ever really loved Henry, particularly before Rosamund came into his life, how does Eleanor respond?
3. What does Henry convince Alais?
4. Why is Eleanor glad to hear that Henry cares for Alais?
5. Henry tells Alais that he realized what?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)