|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Philip say he proclaimed his love for Richard?
(a) So he could one day rule the kingdom.
(b) So he could one day torture Henry with the revelation of his son's deviant nature.
(c) So he could become Richard's queen.
(d) Because he loves him.
2. What does Richard say is the only thing he wants from Henry?
(a) His head.
(b) His crown.
(c) His affection.
(d) His money.
3. What causes Richard to pull a dagger on John?
(a) John is scared of knives.
(b) John threatens him.
(c) John mocks him.
(d) John waves a dagger in Richard's face.
4. Richard enters, complaining about what?
(a) How he does not like himself.
(b) How he is in love with Alais.
(c) How he would never want to be king.
(d) How they are all Henry's prisoners.
5. Why does this make no difference to Eleanor?
(a) She does not want him to be king.
(b) She wants him to love Alais.
(c) She is already a prisoner.
(d) She does not like him either.
6. To what does Richard challenge Henry?
(a) A duel.
(c) A game of chess.
(d) A jousting tournament.
7. Why did Eleanor hate Rosamund?
(a) She was more beautiful than Eleanor.
(b) She took her place at Henry's side.
(c) She was an evil woman.
(d) She taunted Eleanor.
8. How does Alais respond when he tells the family about the deal he had made with Eleanor?
(a) He is only plotting and is not to be believed.
(b) She is shocked that he would do this to her.
(c) He must be believed.
(d) He has lost his mind.
9. As John begins to panic, what does Geoffrey do?
(a) He advises John to let him handle everything.
(b) He laughs and mocks him.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He tells him to grow up.
10. What does Richard do when he bursts out from behind the canopy?
(a) He insists it is all a lie.
(b) He tells his father he is sorry.
(c) He tells Philip he hates him.
(d) He insists Philip's love was genuine.
11. What does Henry say about Philip's plan to let the princes fight Henry instead of doing it himself?
(a) It is so dangerous.
(b) It is a selfish thing to do.
(c) It is first-class thinking.
(d) It is a horrible idea.
12. How does Henry describe himself?
(a) As a master bastard.
(b) As the king of kings.
(c) As a master of the arts.
(d) As the king of queens.
13. What does Henry convince Alais?
(a) They will enjoy Rome.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) There is nothing Eleanor or Richard can do to stop them.
(d) He no longer loves her.
14. About what do Henry and Eleanor tease each other?
(a) How selfish their children are.
(b) How silly the whole situation is.
(c) How scared they were and what happens next.
(d) How old they have become.
15. Henry and Eleanor toast each other and talk about what?
(a) Eleanor's plans for Henry.
(b) Their plans for each other.
(c) Henry's plans for Alais.
(d) Henry's plans after the confrontation in Philip's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Philip exits, how does Richard refer to Henry?
2. Of what does Richard remind Philip?
3. What does Eleanor begin to sing?
4. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
5. John enters, saying he wants to do what?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)