|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Henry taunt Philip?
(a) How he looks.
(b) How he has just given all his plans away.
(c) How he is not a very smart man.
(d) How he is in love with Richard.
2. She looks at herself in her mirror and wonders what?
(a) How her king could have left her.
(b) How she had grown so old.
(c) Where the years had gone.
(d) Why she is so alone.
3. What does Henry do at dawn the next day?
(a) Wakes Eleanor.
(b) Wakes Alais.
(d) Searches for his sons.
4. What does Eleanor do when Richard pulls out a dagger and makes as if to kill John?
(a) She hands him another, sharper dagger.
(b) She stops him with a poetically written speech.
(c) She screams at him to stop.
(d) She tells him to do it already.
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 6 take place?
(a) In Philip's bedroom.
(b) Eleanor's bedroom.
(c) Alais' bedroom.
(d) Henry's bedroom.
6. How does Henry feel about the way the situation played out?
7. What causes Richard to pull a dagger on John?
(a) John mocks him.
(b) John threatens him.
(c) John waves a dagger in Richard's face.
(d) John is scared of knives.
8. Why does Geoffrey enter?
(a) He is looking for his father.
(b) He is looking for Alais.
(c) He is going to sleep.
(d) He is looking for John.
9. What does Eleanor begin to sing?
(a) Another song.
(b) The carol Alais was singing at the beginning of the scene.
(c) Her favorite song.
(d) A song she had learned as a child.
10. Why did Eleanor hate Rosamund?
(a) She taunted Eleanor.
(b) She took her place at Henry's side.
(c) She was more beautiful than Eleanor.
(d) She was an evil woman.
11. Does Henry believe Richard?
(b) He wants to.
12. When Alais asks whether she ever really loved Henry, particularly before Rosamund came into his life, how does Eleanor respond?
(a) That was a very long time ago and makes jokes about Rosamund's appearance.
(b) She ignores Alais' question.
(c) No, she never loved him.
(d) She cannot remember.
13. Henry pours Eleanor wine, asking her what?
(a) Why she has come.
(b) Will she ever love him.
(c) He should do about the kingdom.
(d) Whether it is true that she wants him back.
14. Of what does Richard remind Philip?
(a) He cannot stand him.
(b) He loves him.
(c) He wants to break up with him.
(d) He has not said he loves him.
15. Why does Henry tell Alais to go to bed?
(a) He does not want to see her.
(b) He realizes she is tired.
(c) He and Eleanor need to talk.
(d) He wants to be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say about Philip's plan to let the princes fight Henry instead of doing it himself?
2. Why does Alais say this about the brothers?
3. Philip opens the canopy of the bed, suggesting that Richard do what?
4. Alone in her bedchamber, what does Eleanor do?
5. What happens as Geoffrey and Philip discuss what alliances they could make if Geoffrey were to inherit the throne?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)