|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alais say this about the brothers?
(a) She hates them and wants to see them dead.
(b) She wants to marry one of them.
(c) She cares for them.
(d) If she ever actually has a child they would come after it and kill it.
2. What does Geoffrey remember about his third birthday?
(a) All of his friends who had come to celebrate.
(b) The pony his parents had bought for him.
(c) How loving his parents had been when he was younger.
(d) Who was doing what to whom and feeling nothing but indifference from his parents.
3. Does Henry believe Richard?
(b) He wants to.
4. What does Alais tell Henry to do about his sons?
(a) Leave them there.
(b) Help them escape.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Exile them.
5. Richard enters, complaining about what?
(a) How he does not like himself.
(b) How they are all Henry's prisoners.
(c) How he is in love with Alais.
(d) How he would never want to be king.
6. What does Alais tell Henry about what he had just done?
(a) He excited her, because she was hoping to marry Richard.
(b) He cannot play with other people's feelings the way he played with hers.
(c) He shocked her, because she never thought she had a chance of marrying into the family.
(d) He scared her, because she wants to marry John.
7. Alone in her bedchamber, what does Eleanor do?
(a) She cries.
(b) She thinks about her marriage.
(c) She tries on her jewels.
(d) She wishes she could be away from this kingdom.
8. What implies that Philip is out for revenge?
(a) Henry has always been unkind to him.
(b) Henry abused him as a child.
(c) Henry abused and manipulated his father.
(d) He has been stalking Henry for years.
9. About what does Henry taunt Philip?
(a) How he looks.
(b) How he is not a very smart man.
(c) How he is in love with Richard.
(d) How he has just given all his plans away.
10. What does Eleanor begin to sing?
(a) A song she had learned as a child.
(b) The carol Alais was singing at the beginning of the scene.
(c) Another song.
(d) Her favorite song.
11. After negotiating use of land and horses, why does Richard say he never wrote?
(a) He did not think Philip would answer.
(b) He did not know what to say.
(c) He cannot spell.
(d) He does not trust Philip.
12. About what does John talk as he leaves?
(a) How he wishes he could be king.
(b) How he is tired of waiting to learn if he will be king.
(c) How he is king again.
(d) How Richard will make a poor king.
13. Henry tells Alais that he realized what?
(a) He is tired of her.
(b) He could not lose her.
(c) He loves Eleanor.
(d) He does not love her.
14. What does Henry convince Alais?
(a) There is nothing Eleanor or Richard can do to stop them.
(b) They will enjoy Rome.
(c) He no longer loves her.
(d) He wants to marry her.
15. Why does Henry say he made the deal?
(a) Because he wants what Eleanor wants.
(b) Because of the treaty with Philip.
(c) Because he no longer loves Alais.
(d) Because he cares for Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Geoffrey enter?
2. What does Henry do to try to get Alais to obey him?
3. What does Henry tell Alais?
4. Why has Henry come?
5. Why is Eleanor glad to hear that Henry cares for Alais?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)