|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard try to convince Philip to do?
(a) Sign a peace treaty.
(b) Make an alliance against Henry.
(c) Make an alliance against Eleanor.
(d) Make an alliance against his brothers.
2. What does Henry tell Alais?
(a) He is sending her to Rome.
(b) They are leaving for Rome.
(c) He is leaving for Rome.
(d) She is marrying Richard.
3. What does Eleanor begin to sing?
(a) Her favorite song.
(b) Another song.
(c) A song she had learned as a child.
(d) The carol Alais was singing at the beginning of the scene.
4. When Alais asks whether she ever really loved Henry, particularly before Rosamund came into his life, how does Eleanor respond?
(a) She ignores Alais' question.
(b) No, she never loved him.
(c) That was a very long time ago and makes jokes about Rosamund's appearance.
(d) She cannot remember.
5. What implies that Philip is out for revenge?
(a) He has been stalking Henry for years.
(b) Henry abused and manipulated his father.
(c) Henry has always been unkind to him.
(d) Henry abused him as a child.
6. As Philip exits, how does Richard refer to Henry?
(a) As an eagle.
(b) As a lion.
(c) As a bear.
(d) As a snake.
7. What does Richard say is the only thing he wants from Henry?
(a) His crown.
(b) His head.
(c) His affection.
(d) His money.
8. Eleanor realizes she now has an advantage, and tells Geoffrey what?
(a) To keep John away from Henry.
(b) To keep John away from Philip.
(c) To take John to Philip.
(d) To take Philip to John.
9. What does Philip say about his marriage?
(a) He wishes it were Richard.
(b) It makes no difference.
(c) He does not want to be married.
(d) It is a strong bond.
10. Why does Alais say this about the brothers?
(a) If she ever actually has a child they would come after it and kill it.
(b) She wants to marry one of them.
(c) She cares for them.
(d) She hates them and wants to see them dead.
11. Why does Henry tell Alais to go to bed?
(a) He wants to be alone.
(b) He does not want to see her.
(c) He realizes she is tired.
(d) He and Eleanor need to talk.
12. What does Geoffrey remember about his third birthday?
(a) All of his friends who had come to celebrate.
(b) How loving his parents had been when he was younger.
(c) The pony his parents had bought for him.
(d) Who was doing what to whom and feeling nothing but indifference from his parents.
13. About what does John talk as he leaves?
(a) How he wishes he could be king.
(b) How Richard will make a poor king.
(c) How he is king again.
(d) How he is tired of waiting to learn if he will be king.
14. Alone in her bedchamber, what does Eleanor do?
(a) She cries.
(b) She tries on her jewels.
(c) She thinks about her marriage.
(d) She wishes she could be away from this kingdom.
15. Why does Geoffrey enter?
(a) He is looking for his father.
(b) He is looking for Alais.
(c) He is looking for John.
(d) He is going to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry tells Alais that he realized what?
2. Geoffrey enters, saying that Richard is in a _________.
3. She looks at herself in her mirror and wonders what?
4. What happens as Geoffrey and Philip discuss what alliances they could make if Geoffrey were to inherit the throne?
5. How does Alais respond when he tells the family about the deal he had made with Eleanor?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)