|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard do when he bursts out from behind the canopy?
(a) He insists it is all a lie.
(b) He tells his father he is sorry.
(c) He tells Philip he hates him.
(d) He insists Philip's love was genuine.
2. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
(a) She does not want Alais anywhere near him.
(b) She wants him to love her.
(c) She wants to see him kiss her.
(d) She wants to kiss him.
3. Why does Philip say he proclaimed his love for Richard?
(a) So he could one day torture Henry with the revelation of his son's deviant nature.
(b) So he could one day rule the kingdom.
(c) Because he loves him.
(d) So he could become Richard's queen.
4. As Philip exits, how does Richard refer to Henry?
(a) As a snake.
(b) As a bear.
(c) As an eagle.
(d) As a lion.
5. Henry pours Eleanor wine, asking her what?
(a) Why she has come.
(b) Whether it is true that she wants him back.
(c) Will she ever love him.
(d) He should do about the kingdom.
6. Why does Geoffrey enter?
(a) He is looking for John.
(b) He is looking for his father.
(c) He is going to sleep.
(d) He is looking for Alais.
7. What does Eleanor offer Geoffrey to try on?
(a) Her jewels.
(b) Her crown.
(c) Her gown.
(d) Her wigs.
8. What do Geoffrey and John do when Richard is heard offstage?
(a) They run out of the room.
(b) They hide behind tapestries as he enters.
(c) They climb out the window.
(d) They call to him.
9. Eleanor realizes she now has an advantage, and tells Geoffrey what?
(a) To keep John away from Henry.
(b) To take Philip to John.
(c) To keep John away from Philip.
(d) To take John to Philip.
10. For what has Eleanor come?
(a) To give Henry whatever he asks.
(b) To tell Henry she is leaving.
(c) To tell Henry what she wants.
(d) To allow Alais to be with him.
11. About what does Henry taunt Philip?
(a) How he looks.
(b) How he is in love with Richard.
(c) How he has just given all his plans away.
(d) How he is not a very smart man.
12. What does Henry do to try to get Alais to obey him?
(a) He bullies her.
(b) He tortures her.
(c) He bribes her.
(d) He blackmails her.
13. About what do Henry and Eleanor tease each other?
(a) How selfish their children are.
(b) How old they have become.
(c) How scared they were and what happens next.
(d) How silly the whole situation is.
14. Henry speaks lovingly to Alais, and then as Eleanor watches, what does he do?
(a) He kisses her passionately.
(b) He tells Alais to leave.
(c) He turns and kisses Eleanor.
(d) He tells Alais he was only pretending to love her.
15. What does Henry confess to Alais?
(a) He will split up his kingdom for each of them.
(b) He does not see himself as having a choice.
(c) He will not keep his sons trapped.
(d) He will kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Richard and his brothers locked up?
2. What does Eleanor offer Henry because she is tired?
3. She looks at herself in her mirror and wonders what?
4. When Alais asks whether she ever really loved Henry, particularly before Rosamund came into his life, how does Eleanor respond?
5. Why does she tell Geoffrey this?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)