|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Geoffrey and Philip discuss what alliances they could make if Geoffrey were to inherit the throne?
(a) Henry runs into the room and asks what is going on.
(b) Richard jumps out from behind the bed and wants to join the alliance.
(c) John jumps out from behind a tapestry and accuses Geoffrey of betraying him.
(d) Eleanor arrives and wants to join the alliance.
2. Does Henry believe Richard?
(d) He wants to.
3. Philip opens the canopy of the bed, suggesting that Richard do what?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Make the bed.
(c) Rest and relax.
(d) Hide and listen to what Henry has to say.
4. What does Richard do when he bursts out from behind the canopy?
(a) He insists it is all a lie.
(b) He tells Philip he hates him.
(c) He insists Philip's love was genuine.
(d) He tells his father he is sorry.
5. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
(a) She does not want Alais anywhere near him.
(b) She wants to kiss him.
(c) She wants to see him kiss her.
(d) She wants him to love her.
6. Henry declares everyone will be what, until they agree John is to be the next king?
(c) In danger.
7. Why does this make no difference to Eleanor?
(a) She wants him to love Alais.
(b) She is already a prisoner.
(c) She does not want him to be king.
(d) She does not like him either.
8. How does Henry describe himself?
(a) As a master of the arts.
(b) As a master bastard.
(c) As the king of queens.
(d) As the king of kings.
9. What does Eleanor offer Henry because she is tired?
(a) To sign anything he wants.
(b) To leave the kingdom.
(c) To leave him in peace.
(d) To return to the prison.
10. Richard enters, complaining about what?
(a) How he is in love with Alais.
(b) How he does not like himself.
(c) How they are all Henry's prisoners.
(d) How he would never want to be king.
11. How does Richard react when Henry reveals that Eleanor has given him the Aquitaine in exchange for freedom?
(a) He angrily refuses to go through with the ceremony, accusing Eleanor of lying to him and refusing to give her the Aquitaine.
(b) He is unsure as to what to do.
(c) He is embarrassed that he had trusted his father.
(d) He is surprised that he had fallen into this trap.
12. Henry speaks lovingly to Alais, and then as Eleanor watches, what does he do?
(a) He tells Alais to leave.
(b) He tells Alais he was only pretending to love her.
(c) He kisses her passionately.
(d) He turns and kisses Eleanor.
13. What does Henry suddenly realize?
(a) He does not like Alais.
(b) He does not like his sons.
(c) Alais is wrong.
(d) Alais is right.
14. When Richard says he never writes anyone, what does Philip do?
(a) He apologizes.
(b) He changes the subject and asks what kind of deal they could make.
(c) He begins to sob.
(d) He agrees that he does not anyone.
15. What does Eleanor begin to sing?
(a) Her favorite song.
(b) The carol Alais was singing at the beginning of the scene.
(c) Another song.
(d) A song she had learned as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what has Eleanor come?
2. Henry tells Alais that he realized what?
3. What does Richard try to convince Philip to do?
4. What does Eleanor say to them?
5. What does Henry convince Alais?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)