|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry say he made the deal?
(a) Because he cares for Richard.
(b) Because of the treaty with Philip.
(c) Because he no longer loves Alais.
(d) Because he wants what Eleanor wants.
2. How does Alais respond when he tells the family about the deal he had made with Eleanor?
(a) He is only plotting and is not to be believed.
(b) He must be believed.
(c) He has lost his mind.
(d) She is shocked that he would do this to her.
3. What does Henry ask Eleanor about the Aquitaine?
(a) When she would like to go there.
(b) Where it is located.
(c) Whether she has gotten it back from Richard.
(d) Whether he can purchase it from her.
4. What does Alais tell Henry to do about his sons?
(a) Leave them there.
(b) Exile them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Help them escape.
5. What do Geoffrey and John do when Richard is heard offstage?
(a) They climb out the window.
(b) They call to him.
(c) They hide behind tapestries as he enters.
(d) They run out of the room.
6. For what has Eleanor come?
(a) To allow Alais to be with him.
(b) To give Henry whatever he asks.
(c) To tell Henry what she wants.
(d) To tell Henry she is leaving.
7. About what does Henry taunt Philip?
(a) How he is not a very smart man.
(b) How he has just given all his plans away.
(c) How he is in love with Richard.
(d) How he looks.
8. Henry speaks lovingly to Alais, and then as Eleanor watches, what does he do?
(a) He tells Alais to leave.
(b) He tells Alais he was only pretending to love her.
(c) He kisses her passionately.
(d) He turns and kisses Eleanor.
9. What does Eleanor offer Geoffrey to try on?
(a) Her wigs.
(b) Her crown.
(c) Her jewels.
(d) Her gown.
10. Alone in her bedchamber, what does Eleanor do?
(a) She wishes she could be away from this kingdom.
(b) She cries.
(c) She thinks about her marriage.
(d) She tries on her jewels.
11. What does Henry say about Philip's plan to let the princes fight Henry instead of doing it himself?
(a) It is a horrible idea.
(b) It is so dangerous.
(c) It is a selfish thing to do.
(d) It is first-class thinking.
12. What does Eleanor say to them?
(a) People with their differences and hatreds are the origins of war but they could also be the origins of peace.
(b) Do not hurt each other. I do not want blood on my carpet.
(c) Go ahead and kill each other. I am tired of dealing with the lot of you.
(d) Stop already!
13. How does Henry describe himself?
(a) As the king of queens.
(b) As a master of the arts.
(c) As a master bastard.
(d) As the king of kings.
14. Richard enters, complaining about what?
(a) How he would never want to be king.
(b) How they are all Henry's prisoners.
(c) How he is in love with Alais.
(d) How he does not like himself.
15. After negotiating use of land and horses, why does Richard say he never wrote?
(a) He did not know what to say.
(b) He cannot spell.
(c) He does not trust Philip.
(d) He did not think Philip would answer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alais asks whether she ever really loved Henry, particularly before Rosamund came into his life, how does Eleanor respond?
2. About what does John talk as he leaves?
3. What does Henry suddenly realize?
4. What does Henry say that he will give Eleanor if she gives him the Aquitaine?
5. What does Henry say about his two demands, for Alais' marriage or the return of the Vexin?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)