|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What implies that Philip is out for revenge?
(a) Henry abused and manipulated his father.
(b) He has been stalking Henry for years.
(c) Henry has always been unkind to him.
(d) Henry abused him as a child.
2. What does Henry say about his two demands, for Alais' marriage or the return of the Vexin?
(a) Alais' marriage will happen now.
(b) The Vexin will happen now.
(c) They may both happen now.
(d) Neither will happen now.
3. What does Eleanor offer Henry because she is tired?
(a) To return to the prison.
(b) To sign anything he wants.
(c) To leave the kingdom.
(d) To leave him in peace.
4. For what has Eleanor come?
(a) To give Henry whatever he asks.
(b) To tell Henry she is leaving.
(c) To allow Alais to be with him.
(d) To tell Henry what she wants.
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 6 take place?
(a) In Philip's bedroom.
(b) Eleanor's bedroom.
(c) Alais' bedroom.
(d) Henry's bedroom.
6. What does Henry ask Eleanor about the Aquitaine?
(a) Whether she has gotten it back from Richard.
(b) When she would like to go there.
(c) Whether he can purchase it from her.
(d) Where it is located.
7. What does Henry do at dawn the next day?
(a) Wakes Eleanor.
(b) Wakes Alais.
(c) Searches for his sons.
8. As Philip exits, how does Richard refer to Henry?
(a) As a lion.
(b) As a bear.
(c) As an eagle.
(d) As a snake.
9. Alais says that if Henry truly wants to marry her, what is the price he must pay?
(a) Killing his sons.
(b) Locking up his sons.
(c) Freeing his sons.
(d) Splitting up his kingdom among his sons.
10. What does Richard do when he bursts out from behind the canopy?
(a) He tells his father he is sorry.
(b) He insists Philip's love was genuine.
(c) He tells Philip he hates him.
(d) He insists it is all a lie.
11. What does Alais say Eleanor sees when she looks at Henry?
(a) Cities and coastlines and taxes.
(b) The king.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A kind man.
12. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
(a) She wants him to love her.
(b) She does not want Alais anywhere near him.
(c) She wants to see him kiss her.
(d) She wants to kiss him.
13. What is Eleanor now able to do?
(a) Protect her property.
(b) Fall back in love with Henry.
(c) Stick her knife in Henry's vulnerable spot, his belief that John loves him.
(d) Be free of her sons.
14. Why does she tell Geoffrey this?
(a) She wants to see Henry defeated.
(b) She needs time to tell Henry that John has betrayed him.
(c) She needs to speak with Philip in private.
(d) She wants John to be protected.
15. About what does John talk as he leaves?
(a) How Richard will make a poor king.
(b) How he wishes he could be king.
(c) How he is king again.
(d) How he is tired of waiting to learn if he will be king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor do when Richard pulls out a dagger and makes as if to kill John?
2. Richard enters, complaining about what?
3. About what do Henry and Eleanor tease each other?
4. What does Eleanor offer Geoffrey to try on?
5. How does Richard react when Henry reveals that Eleanor has given him the Aquitaine in exchange for freedom?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)