|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry describe himself?
(a) As the king of queens.
(b) As a master bastard.
(c) As a master of the arts.
(d) As the king of kings.
2. Why did Eleanor hate Rosamund?
(a) She took her place at Henry's side.
(b) She was an evil woman.
(c) She taunted Eleanor.
(d) She was more beautiful than Eleanor.
3. What does Eleanor begin to sing?
(a) Her favorite song.
(b) A song she had learned as a child.
(c) Another song.
(d) The carol Alais was singing at the beginning of the scene.
4. After he exits, what does Eleanor comment to herself?
(a) That she has lost.
(b) That she has not lost.
(c) That Henry will lose.
(d) That Philip will lose.
5. What does Alais ask Henry as he goes to leave?
(a) If he will come back for her.
(b) When they leave for Rome.
(c) Where he is going.
(d) Whether he is going to let his sons out or lock them in.
6. What reminds John that he agreed to join with Philip in a war against Henry?
(a) John receives a note from Philip asking how many soldiers he needs.
(b) Geoffrey pointedly comments that there is still Philip to consider.
(c) John hears Philip's army outside.
(d) Philip shows up and reminds him.
7. What does Alais say Eleanor sees when she looks at Henry?
(a) A kind man.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Cities and coastlines and taxes.
(d) The king.
8. Alone in her bedchamber, what does Eleanor do?
(a) She wishes she could be away from this kingdom.
(b) She tries on her jewels.
(c) She cries.
(d) She thinks about her marriage.
9. Why does Alais say this about the brothers?
(a) She wants to marry one of them.
(b) She cares for them.
(c) If she ever actually has a child they would come after it and kill it.
(d) She hates them and wants to see them dead.
10. What does Richard do when he bursts out from behind the canopy?
(a) He insists Philip's love was genuine.
(b) He tells Philip he hates him.
(c) He tells his father he is sorry.
(d) He insists it is all a lie.
11. What is Eleanor now able to do?
(a) Fall back in love with Henry.
(b) Protect her property.
(c) Be free of her sons.
(d) Stick her knife in Henry's vulnerable spot, his belief that John loves him.
12. Henry declares everyone will be what, until they agree John is to be the next king?
(a) In danger.
13. How does Henry feel about the way the situation played out?
14. What does Eleanor offer Geoffrey to try on?
(a) Her gown.
(b) Her crown.
(c) Her wigs.
(d) Her jewels.
15. Of what does Richard remind Philip?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He has not said he loves him.
(c) He wants to break up with him.
(d) He cannot stand him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alais respond when he tells the family about the deal he had made with Eleanor?
2. What does Henry tell Alais?
3. After negotiating use of land and horses, why does Richard say he never wrote?
4. Why does Henry say he made the deal?
5. What causes Richard to pull a dagger on John?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)