|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Eleanor hate Rosamund?
(a) She took her place at Henry's side.
(b) She taunted Eleanor.
(c) She was an evil woman.
(d) She was more beautiful than Eleanor.
2. Eleanor realizes she now has an advantage, and tells Geoffrey what?
(a) To take John to Philip.
(b) To take Philip to John.
(c) To keep John away from Philip.
(d) To keep John away from Henry.
3. Why does Henry say he made the deal?
(a) Because he cares for Richard.
(b) Because he no longer loves Alais.
(c) Because he wants what Eleanor wants.
(d) Because of the treaty with Philip.
4. How does Henry describe himself?
(a) As a master of the arts.
(b) As the king of kings.
(c) As the king of queens.
(d) As a master bastard.
5. Richard enters, complaining about what?
(a) How they are all Henry's prisoners.
(b) How he does not like himself.
(c) How he would never want to be king.
(d) How he is in love with Alais.
6. Why does this make no difference to Eleanor?
(a) She is already a prisoner.
(b) She wants him to love Alais.
(c) She does not want him to be king.
(d) She does not like him either.
7. What does Henry do to try to get Alais to obey him?
(a) He tortures her.
(b) He bullies her.
(c) He blackmails her.
(d) He bribes her.
8. Henry pours Eleanor wine, asking her what?
(a) He should do about the kingdom.
(b) Whether it is true that she wants him back.
(c) Will she ever love him.
(d) Why she has come.
9. Philip opens the canopy of the bed, suggesting that Richard do what?
(a) Make the bed.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Rest and relax.
(d) Hide and listen to what Henry has to say.
10. How does Richard react when Henry reveals that Eleanor has given him the Aquitaine in exchange for freedom?
(a) He is unsure as to what to do.
(b) He is surprised that he had fallen into this trap.
(c) He angrily refuses to go through with the ceremony, accusing Eleanor of lying to him and refusing to give her the Aquitaine.
(d) He is embarrassed that he had trusted his father.
11. What does Philip say about his marriage?
(a) He wishes it were Richard.
(b) It makes no difference.
(c) It is a strong bond.
(d) He does not want to be married.
12. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
(a) She wants to see him kiss her.
(b) She wants him to love her.
(c) She does not want Alais anywhere near him.
(d) She wants to kiss him.
13. Why is Eleanor glad to hear that Henry cares for Alais?
(a) She had been afraid that giving Alais away was not going to hurt.
(b) She does not want him using her.
(c) She wants to be sure Alais is protected.
(d) She is glad he loves someone.
14. Why does she tell Geoffrey this?
(a) She needs to speak with Philip in private.
(b) She needs time to tell Henry that John has betrayed him.
(c) She wants John to be protected.
(d) She wants to see Henry defeated.
15. When Geoffrey exits, what does Eleanor turn to Richard and tell him?
(a) To make an alliance with Philip at any cost.
(b) To bring Philip to her.
(c) To kill his brothers.
(d) To find Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alais say Eleanor sees when she looks at Henry?
2. What does Henry suddenly realize?
3. Does Henry believe Richard?
4. How does Alais respond when he tells the family about the deal he had made with Eleanor?
5. When Alais asks whether she ever really loved Henry, particularly before Rosamund came into his life, how does Eleanor respond?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)