|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alais say this about the brothers?
(a) She hates them and wants to see them dead.
(b) She cares for them.
(c) She wants to marry one of them.
(d) If she ever actually has a child they would come after it and kill it.
2. John enters, saying he wants to do what?
(c) Hurt Henry.
3. Why does Geoffrey enter?
(a) He is going to sleep.
(b) He is looking for his father.
(c) He is looking for Alais.
(d) He is looking for John.
4. Philip opens the canopy of the bed, suggesting that Richard do what?
(a) Make the bed.
(b) Rest and relax.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Hide and listen to what Henry has to say.
5. What does Richard say is the only thing he wants from Henry?
(a) His money.
(b) His head.
(c) His crown.
(d) His affection.
6. Of what does Richard remind Philip?
(a) He wants to break up with him.
(b) He has not said he loves him.
(c) He cannot stand him.
(d) He loves him.
7. Why did Eleanor hate Rosamund?
(a) She was an evil woman.
(b) She took her place at Henry's side.
(c) She was more beautiful than Eleanor.
(d) She taunted Eleanor.
8. As Philip exits, how does Richard refer to Henry?
(a) As a lion.
(b) As an eagle.
(c) As a snake.
(d) As a bear.
9. Geoffrey enters, saying that Richard is in a _________.
(a) Good mood.
(b) Worried state.
(c) Room down the hall.
10. Why does she tell Geoffrey this?
(a) She wants to see Henry defeated.
(b) She needs time to tell Henry that John has betrayed him.
(c) She needs to speak with Philip in private.
(d) She wants John to be protected.
11. What reminds John that he agreed to join with Philip in a war against Henry?
(a) Philip shows up and reminds him.
(b) John hears Philip's army outside.
(c) John receives a note from Philip asking how many soldiers he needs.
(d) Geoffrey pointedly comments that there is still Philip to consider.
12. Does Henry believe Richard?
(b) He wants to.
13. What does Henry say about Philip's plan to let the princes fight Henry instead of doing it himself?
(a) It is so dangerous.
(b) It is a selfish thing to do.
(c) It is a horrible idea.
(d) It is first-class thinking.
14. What does Henry ask Eleanor about the Aquitaine?
(a) Where it is located.
(b) Whether she has gotten it back from Richard.
(c) Whether he can purchase it from her.
(d) When she would like to go there.
15. What is Eleanor now able to do?
(a) Fall back in love with Henry.
(b) Protect her property.
(c) Stick her knife in Henry's vulnerable spot, his belief that John loves him.
(d) Be free of her sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry and Eleanor toast each other and talk about what?
2. What does Henry convince Alais?
3. How does Richard react when Henry reveals that Eleanor has given him the Aquitaine in exchange for freedom?
4. What does Henry say that he will give Eleanor if she gives him the Aquitaine?
5. What does Alais tell Henry about what he had just done?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)