|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do to try to get Alais to obey him?
(a) He bullies her.
(b) He bribes her.
(c) He blackmails her.
(d) He tortures her.
2. Why does Henry say he made the deal?
(a) Because he cares for Richard.
(b) Because he wants what Eleanor wants.
(c) Because he no longer loves Alais.
(d) Because of the treaty with Philip.
3. She looks at herself in her mirror and wonders what?
(a) Why she is so alone.
(b) How her king could have left her.
(c) Where the years had gone.
(d) How she had grown so old.
4. How does Henry feel about the way the situation played out?
5. What do Geoffrey and John do when Richard is heard offstage?
(a) They climb out the window.
(b) They run out of the room.
(c) They call to him.
(d) They hide behind tapestries as he enters.
6. About what do Henry and Eleanor tease each other?
(a) How silly the whole situation is.
(b) How selfish their children are.
(c) How scared they were and what happens next.
(d) How old they have become.
7. What does Richard say is the only thing he wants from Henry?
(a) His crown.
(b) His money.
(c) His affection.
(d) His head.
8. What does Henry convince Alais?
(a) He no longer loves her.
(b) They will enjoy Rome.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) There is nothing Eleanor or Richard can do to stop them.
9. Alone in her bedchamber, what does Eleanor do?
(a) She wishes she could be away from this kingdom.
(b) She tries on her jewels.
(c) She cries.
(d) She thinks about her marriage.
10. How does Henry describe himself?
(a) As a master of the arts.
(b) As a master bastard.
(c) As the king of queens.
(d) As the king of kings.
11. When Richard says he never writes anyone, what does Philip do?
(a) He agrees that he does not anyone.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He changes the subject and asks what kind of deal they could make.
(d) He begins to sob.
12. What does Henry confess to Alais?
(a) He will not keep his sons trapped.
(b) He will split up his kingdom for each of them.
(c) He does not see himself as having a choice.
(d) He will kill them.
13. What does Henry say about his two demands, for Alais' marriage or the return of the Vexin?
(a) They may both happen now.
(b) Alais' marriage will happen now.
(c) Neither will happen now.
(d) The Vexin will happen now.
14. Henry pours Eleanor wine, asking her what?
(a) He should do about the kingdom.
(b) Will she ever love him.
(c) Why she has come.
(d) Whether it is true that she wants him back.
15. After negotiating use of land and horses, why does Richard say he never wrote?
(a) He cannot spell.
(b) He did not think Philip would answer.
(c) He did not know what to say.
(d) He does not trust Philip.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
2. Henry and Eleanor toast each other and talk about what?
3. Henry declares everyone will be what, until they agree John is to be the next king?
4. Why has Henry come?
5. When Geoffrey exits, what does Eleanor turn to Richard and tell him?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)