|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Philip exits, how does Richard refer to Henry?
(a) As a bear.
(b) As an eagle.
(c) As a snake.
(d) As a lion.
2. John enters, saying he wants to do what?
(a) Hurt Henry.
3. What does Henry tell Alais?
(a) He is leaving for Rome.
(b) They are leaving for Rome.
(c) She is marrying Richard.
(d) He is sending her to Rome.
4. What does Henry suddenly realize?
(a) He does not like his sons.
(b) Alais is right.
(c) He does not like Alais.
(d) Alais is wrong.
5. What does Eleanor offer Henry because she is tired?
(a) To leave the kingdom.
(b) To leave him in peace.
(c) To sign anything he wants.
(d) To return to the prison.
6. Why did Eleanor hate Rosamund?
(a) She taunted Eleanor.
(b) She was more beautiful than Eleanor.
(c) She was an evil woman.
(d) She took her place at Henry's side.
7. Why does Alais say this about the brothers?
(a) If she ever actually has a child they would come after it and kill it.
(b) She cares for them.
(c) She wants to marry one of them.
(d) She hates them and wants to see them dead.
8. Of what does Richard remind Philip?
(a) He has not said he loves him.
(b) He cannot stand him.
(c) He wants to break up with him.
(d) He loves him.
9. What does Eleanor begin to sing?
(a) Another song.
(b) Her favorite song.
(c) A song she had learned as a child.
(d) The carol Alais was singing at the beginning of the scene.
10. Geoffrey enters, saying that Richard is in a _________.
(a) Room down the hall.
(c) Worried state.
(d) Good mood.
11. What does Eleanor offer Geoffrey to try on?
(a) Her gown.
(b) Her jewels.
(c) Her wigs.
(d) Her crown.
12. She looks at herself in her mirror and wonders what?
(a) How she had grown so old.
(b) How her king could have left her.
(c) Where the years had gone.
(d) Why she is so alone.
13. Henry and Eleanor toast each other and talk about what?
(a) Their plans for each other.
(b) Henry's plans after the confrontation in Philip's bedroom.
(c) Henry's plans for Alais.
(d) Eleanor's plans for Henry.
14. Eleanor agrees, but adds a condition. What is that condition?
(a) Henry must only love her.
(b) Richard and Alais marry right away.
(c) Richard must be king.
(d) Henry must find a new lover.
15. Why does Geoffrey enter?
(a) He is looking for his father.
(b) He is going to sleep.
(c) He is looking for John.
(d) He is looking for Alais.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Geoffrey exits, what does Eleanor turn to Richard and tell him?
2. What is Eleanor now able to do?
3. After he exits, what does Eleanor comment to herself?
4. Why has Henry come?
5. What does Richard say is the only thing he wants from Henry?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)