|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
(a) Why everybody hates Richard.
(b) Why everybody hates him.
(c) Why no one knows Philip.
(d) Why everybody loves Geoffrey.
2. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
(a) He is annoyed by her.
(b) He is about to tell her he loves her.
(c) He is angry with her.
(d) He wants her to leave him alone.
3. How might Henry use the Vexin?
(a) As a place to grow wheat.
(b) As a launching point from which to invade France if he ever needs to.
(c) A summer retreat.
(d) A location for a prison.
4. Henry makes a joke about how he's giving her what for Christmas?
(a) A tombstone.
(b) A cell.
5. What does Henry announce?
(a) John is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(b) Richard is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(c) Geoffrey is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(d) Philip is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
6. When would Philip add his soldiers to John's?
(a) If John marries Alais.
(b) If John agrees to get the Vexin for Philip.
(c) If John decides on war.
(d) If John goes against Eleanor.
7. What does Henry say history will call him?
(a) A great king.
(b) A king's king.
(c) A master bastard.
(d) A queen's king.
8. Why does Henry say this person should inherit the crown?
(a) Geoffrey would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(b) John would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(c) Philip would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(d) Richard would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
9. As they exit, on what does Henry comment?
(a) How much she still loves him.
(b) How he can still see love in Eleanor's smile.
(c) How beautiful she still is.
(d) How little has changed between them.
10. As Henry and Eleanor finish putting up the holly, they banter about whether Henry truly misses whom?
11. What has John come to announce?
(a) Henry is marrying Alais.
(b) Henry has left for the day.
(c) Henry is coming with the terms for the treaty with France.
(d) Henry is coming to put her back in prison.
12. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
(a) How pleasant it is to live in a peaceful kingdom.
(b) How lonely it has been without her.
(c) How much it has changed since she has been gone.
(d) How much it needs her touch.
13. What does Henry want before he dies?
(a) To know who is going to inherit his kingdom.
(b) To split his kingdom into thirds for his three sons.
(c) To see Eleanor die.
(d) To marry Alais.
14. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
(b) At first.
15. What does John admit to Henry?
(a) He is upset because Henry's given Richard everything.
(b) He is angry with Richard.
(c) He has been plotting to take the crown since he was a teenager.
(d) He has never liked Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
2. Of what does Eleanor remind Richard?
3. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
4. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
5. How does John respond when Henry asks John whether he has seen Philip?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)