|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
(a) She did nothing to convince him.
(b) She blackmailed him, as usual.
(c) Because she has nothing to lose, she is more dangerous than any of them.
(d) She told him she loved him.
2. How does John respond when Henry asks John whether he has seen Philip?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He yells at him.
(c) He does not answer.
(d) He leaves the room.
3. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
(a) She is ending their relationship.
(b) She is hoping he will do a favor for her.
(c) She hopes for them to be as close as they once were.
(d) She wants to ask for forgiveness.
4. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
(a) Only to Eleanor.
(b) Only to him.
(c) Only to John.
(d) Only to Richard.
5. What happens as the brothers bicker?
(a) Henry enters.
(b) Eleanor enters.
(c) John exits.
(d) Philip enters.
6. Where is this scene set?
(a) In the castle's reception room.
(b) In the great room.
(c) In Henry's bedchamber.
(d) In the dining room.
7. Of what does Eleanor remind Richard?
(a) Of her plot to get him the crown.
(b) Of the love she feels for him.
(c) Of the arts she taught him.
(d) Of the evidence she has against him.
8. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
(a) Henry and Alais love each other again.
(b) Henry and Alais destroy each other.
(c) Henry and Eleanor destroy each other.
(d) Henry and Eleanor love each other again.
9. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
(a) At first.
10. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) John will be king.
(b) Geoffrey will be king.
(c) Richard will be king.
(d) Alais will be queen.
11. What does Geoffrey say is lacking in his life?
(a) Attention or affection.
12. Where does the first scene take place?
(a) Eleanor's bedchamber.
(b) Alais' bedchamber.
(c) The Great Hall.
(d) Henry's bedchamber.
13. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His hand.
(c) His horse.
(d) His arm.
14. The characters manipulate each other like what?
(a) Puppets on a string.
(b) Pieces on a chessboard.
(c) Inhuman robots.
(d) Each other's pets.
15. What does Geoffrey say when John continues to hesitate?
(a) He reminds him that he owes him.
(b) He reminds him that it is either Richard on the throne or him.
(c) He asks him why he is waiting.
(d) He asks him if he is feeling alright.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alais think Henry likes to do with her?
2. What does Richard say when Eleanor says she loves him?
3. What does Geoffrey tell John?
4. What does Henry do as he tells Richard what he imagines Eleanor is saying?
5. What gift does Eleanor comment that Geoffrey has?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)