|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say is lacking in his life?
(a) Attention or affection.
2. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
(a) To keep her spirits up.
(b) To prepare her for marrying one of the princes.
(c) To keep his enemy close.
(d) He loves her.
3. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
(a) A riding tournament.
(b) Her life back.
(c) A game of chess.
(d) The last rebellion she led against Henry.
4. To whom was Eleanor once married?
(b) Philip's uncle.
(c) Philip's father.
(d) Philip's brother.
5. What will Henry's plans do for Alais, as well as make John king and Richard powerless?
(a) End her relationship with Henry.
(b) Keep her with him.
(c) Give her more property.
(d) Make her his queen.
6. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
(a) She says that will make the fight to come more pleasant.
(b) She is angry and vows to get revenge.
(c) She is disappointed.
(d) She is surprised at his response.
7. What does Henry suggest that the family start doing?
(a) Singing carols.
(c) Hanging holly.
(d) Eating dinner.
8. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
(b) Her hand in marriage again.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her trust.
9. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
(a) How lonely it has been without her.
(b) How much it has changed since she has been gone.
(c) How much it needs her touch.
(d) How pleasant it is to live in a peaceful kingdom.
10. What does Henry want before he dies?
(a) To marry Alais.
(b) To see Eleanor die.
(c) To split his kingdom into thirds for his three sons.
(d) To know who is going to inherit his kingdom.
11. As they exit, on what does Henry comment?
(a) How he can still see love in Eleanor's smile.
(b) How much she still loves him.
(c) How little has changed between them.
(d) How beautiful she still is.
12. What does Geoffrey say when John continues to hesitate?
(a) He reminds him that it is either Richard on the throne or him.
(b) He reminds him that he owes him.
(c) He asks him why he is waiting.
(d) He asks him if he is feeling alright.
13. What does Henry say history will call him?
(a) A queen's king.
(b) A master bastard.
(c) A king's king.
(d) A great king.
14. What does Alais try on?
(a) A gown.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A small crown.
(d) A new cloak.
15. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
(a) Richard become king.
(b) John become king.
(c) Geoffrey become king.
(d) Philip become king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
2. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
3. Why does Henry ask Alais to stay?
4. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
5. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)