|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry says in the years Eleanor's been in prison he's surprised himself by discovering what?
(a) How old she has become.
(b) How sorry he is for locking her up.
(c) How sick he is of war.
(d) How much he misses her.
2. What does Henry want before he dies?
(a) To see Eleanor die.
(b) To marry Alais.
(c) To split his kingdom into thirds for his three sons.
(d) To know who is going to inherit his kingdom.
3. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(b) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(c) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(d) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
4. What does Henry say he has to get for John?
(b) All of France.
(c) The Aquitaine.
(d) The Vexin.
5. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
(a) He will love her forever.
(b) He will give her the Vexin.
(c) He will strike back if she strikes at him.
(d) He will leave her in peace.
6. What does Alais try on?
(a) A new cloak.
(b) A gown.
(c) A small crown.
(d) A pair of shoes.
7. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
(a) Her life back.
(b) The last rebellion she led against Henry.
(c) A riding tournament.
(d) A game of chess.
8. How does Henry think Eleanor sees the Aquitaine?
(a) As a piece of property.
(b) As a place she would like to be.
(c) As a way to torture him.
(d) As her home.
9. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
(a) Only to Eleanor.
(b) Only to Richard.
(c) Only to John.
(d) Only to him.
10. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
(a) She will burn the Vexin.
(b) She will move to the summer home on the Vexin.
(c) She will see to it that Henry loses the Vexin.
(d) She will purches the Vexin.
11. To whom was Eleanor once married?
(a) Philip's father.
(b) Philip's uncle.
(c) Philip's brother.
12. What has John come to announce?
(a) Henry is coming with the terms for the treaty with France.
(b) Henry is marrying Alais.
(c) Henry is coming to put her back in prison.
(d) Henry has left for the day.
13. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) It is never safe to believe him.
(b) She can believe him most of the time.
(c) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
(d) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
14. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Exile her.
(c) Leave her.
(d) Marry her.
15. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
(a) Who have the rights to land.
(b) Young ones.
(c) Beautiful ones.
(d) Those who are wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
2. What does Henry wonder about everybody?
3. What does Philip demand?
4. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
5. About what is Eleanor determined?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)