|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
(a) He will leave her in peace.
(b) He will strike back if she strikes at him.
(c) He will give her the Vexin.
(d) He will love her forever.
2. Of what does Richard accuse Eleanor?
(a) Being a traitor to his father.
(b) Being unkind to him and his brothers.
(c) Being more believable in the conversation she had with Geoffrey.
(d) Being a liar.
3. What does Richard say when Eleanor says she loves him?
(a) She is incapable of love.
(b) She no longer loves him.
(c) She has always loved him.
(d) She loves only Henry.
4. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
(a) Only to him.
(b) Only to Eleanor.
(c) Only to Richard.
(d) Only to John.
5. What does Geoffrey tell John?
(a) He is leaving the kingdom.
(b) What he said in Eleanor's chamber to convince the others to trust him.
(c) Why no one seems to like him.
(d) He has never liked him.
6. What gift does Eleanor comment that Geoffrey has?
(a) For understanding.
(b) For hatred.
(c) For compassion.
(d) For love.
7. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) She does not care what Henry does.
(b) Alais loves him.
(c) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(d) Alais is nothing to him.
8. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks him a question regarding the Vexin?
(a) It is of no use to him.
(b) It is quite beautiful.
(c) It is essential.
(d) It is trivial.
9. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
(a) Leave her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Exile her.
(d) Marry her.
10. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
(a) They will one day beat him.
(b) He will hopefully destroy some of them.
(c) He will still beat them all and have his way.
(d) There is only one he wishes to defeat.
11. Of what does Eleanor remind Richard?
(a) Of the love she feels for him.
(b) Of the arts she taught him.
(c) Of the evidence she has against him.
(d) Of her plot to get him the crown.
12. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
(a) She will purches the Vexin.
(b) She will see to it that Henry loses the Vexin.
(c) She will move to the summer home on the Vexin.
(d) She will burn the Vexin.
13. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
(b) Both the crown and Alais.
(c) The crown.
(d) His brothers hanged.
14. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
(a) She cares more than he could possibly know.
(b) She is asking about his whereabouts to be polite.
(c) She only now cares about him.
(d) She has never cared about Henry.
15. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
(a) Henry and Eleanor love each other again.
(b) Henry and Alais love each other again.
(c) Henry and Eleanor destroy each other.
(d) Henry and Alais destroy each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philip demand?
2. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
3. How does Henry think Eleanor sees the Aquitaine?
4. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
5. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)