|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eleanor pulls out a small knife and begins to do what with it?
(a) Stab Richard.
(c) Carve her will into her arm.
(d) Stab pillow.
2. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
(a) Who have the rights to land.
(b) Those who are wealthy.
(c) Beautiful ones.
(d) Young ones.
3. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her husband's mistresses.
4. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
5. Where is this scene set?
(a) In the great room.
(b) In the castle's reception room.
(c) In Henry's bedchamber.
(d) In the dining room.
6. How might Henry use the Vexin?
(a) A summer retreat.
(b) A location for a prison.
(c) As a launching point from which to invade France if he ever needs to.
(d) As a place to grow wheat.
7. Henry brings up Rosamund, which in turn, leads Eleanor to do what?
(a) Make a joke about how poor she was.
(b) Make a joke about how long she has been dead.
(c) Make a joke about how ugly she was.
(d) Make a joke about how poor of a mistress she was.
8. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
(a) She is ending their relationship.
(b) She is hoping he will do a favor for her.
(c) She wants to ask for forgiveness.
(d) She hopes for them to be as close as they once were.
9. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They dance.
(b) They sing Christmas carols.
(c) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
(d) They are silent.
10. What does Alais think Henry likes to do with her?
(a) Take control of her.
(b) Tell her loves her.
(c) Being able to pass her around.
(d) Tease her.
11. Of what does Richard accuse Eleanor?
(a) Being a liar.
(b) Being a traitor to his father.
(c) Being unkind to him and his brothers.
(d) Being more believable in the conversation she had with Geoffrey.
12. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
(a) She would have to leave the kingdom.
(b) She would be his sister.
(c) She would become his mistress.
(d) She would be married to him.
13. Why does Henry ask Alais to stay?
(a) Seeing them together upsets Eleanor.
(b) He does not want her to be alone.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He does not trust her.
14. What else do they banter about?
(a) How the peasants are in a uproar over new taxes.
(b) How poor the crops are this season.
(c) How much work needs to be done to the castle.
(d) How difficult life is in Eleanor's prison/castle.
15. What does Henry say history will call him?
(a) A queen's king.
(b) A great king.
(c) A master bastard.
(d) A king's king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big is the Vexin?
2. Henry makes a joke about how he's giving her what for Christmas?
3. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
4. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
5. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)