|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
(a) She told him she loved him.
(b) Because she has nothing to lose, she is more dangerous than any of them.
(c) She did nothing to convince him.
(d) She blackmailed him, as usual.
2. Of what does Richard accuse Eleanor?
(a) Being more believable in the conversation she had with Geoffrey.
(b) Being a traitor to his father.
(c) Being a liar.
(d) Being unkind to him and his brothers.
3. What does Philip demand?
(a) Either Alais stay Henry's mistress or he receives money for the Vexin.
(b) Either Alais be married or he recieves money for the Vexin.
(c) Either Alais be married or the Vexin be returned to France's control.
(d) Either Alais stays Henry's mistress or the Vexin be returned to France's control.
4. How big is the Vexin?
(c) The size of all of France.
(d) The size of most of Europe.
5. What does Henry wonder about everybody?
(a) Where they have all gone.
(b) Whether everybody needs to be reassured about who loves whom.
(c) Why they do not like him.
(d) Whether they all would rather share the kingdom.
6. Why does Henry say this person should inherit the crown?
(a) Richard would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(b) John would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(c) Philip would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(d) Geoffrey would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
7. Eleanor pulls out a small knife and begins to do what with it?
(b) Stab Richard.
(c) Carve her will into her arm.
(d) Stab pillow.
8. What does Geoffrey tell John?
(a) He is leaving the kingdom.
(b) He has never liked him.
(c) What he said in Eleanor's chamber to convince the others to trust him.
(d) Why no one seems to like him.
9. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
(a) He will give her the Vexin.
(b) He will love her forever.
(c) He will leave her in peace.
(d) He will strike back if she strikes at him.
10. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
(a) They will one day beat him.
(b) He will hopefully destroy some of them.
(c) There is only one he wishes to defeat.
(d) He will still beat them all and have his way.
11. Henry says in the years Eleanor's been in prison he's surprised himself by discovering what?
(a) How much he misses her.
(b) How old she has become.
(c) How sick he is of war.
(d) How sorry he is for locking her up.
12. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
(a) Richard become king.
(b) Philip become king.
(c) Geoffrey become king.
(d) John become king.
13. Of what does Henry remind Eleanor?
(a) How many rebellions she has led against him.
(b) How poor the peasants already are.
(c) How much water there had been this summer.
(d) How much it costs to have repairs done.
14. What does Henry announce?
(a) Richard is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(b) Geoffrey is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(c) John is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(d) Philip is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
15. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(b) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
(c) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(d) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
2. Geoffrey says he and John can work together freely, adding that they have got to make an alliance with whom?
3. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
4. What does Eleanor ask Henry, regarding the Vexin?
5. About what is Eleanor determined?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)