|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
(a) He is about to tell her he loves her.
(b) He is angry with her.
(c) He wants her to leave him alone.
(d) He is annoyed by her.
2. How big is the Vexin?
(b) The size of all of France.
(d) The size of most of Europe.
3. What does Philip demand?
(a) Either Alais be married or he recieves money for the Vexin.
(b) Either Alais stay Henry's mistress or he receives money for the Vexin.
(c) Either Alais be married or the Vexin be returned to France's control.
(d) Either Alais stays Henry's mistress or the Vexin be returned to France's control.
4. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 15 years.
5. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
(b) Her trust.
(c) Her hand in marriage again.
(d) Her love.
6. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
(a) The crown.
(b) Both the crown and Alais.
(c) His brothers hanged.
7. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(a) His money.
(b) His counter offer.
(d) Alais' hand in marriage.
8. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
(a) She is hoping he will do a favor for her.
(b) She wants to ask for forgiveness.
(c) She hopes for them to be as close as they once were.
(d) She is ending their relationship.
9. How many of Henry's children love him, according to Alais?
(b) All of them.
10. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
(a) His relationship with Alais.
(b) The dinner that is being served.
(c) How he let her out of prison for the holidays.
(d) The decorations in the castle.
11. As they exit, on what does Henry comment?
(a) How beautiful she still is.
(b) How little has changed between them.
(c) How he can still see love in Eleanor's smile.
(d) How much she still loves him.
12. How does Eleanor say she would have been happier?
(a) If her sons were smarter.
(b) If she had been sterile.
(c) If she had a daughter.
(d) If she had more sons.
13. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
(a) She wants no one to inherit the throne.
(b) She can get him the throne and Alais, but that she has to have the Aquitaine back to do it.
(c) She wants nothing to do with him.
(d) She wants the throne all to herself.
14. What gift does Eleanor comment that Geoffrey has?
(a) For love.
(b) For hatred.
(c) For compassion.
(d) For understanding.
15. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
(a) She only now cares about him.
(b) She is asking about his whereabouts to be polite.
(c) She has never cared about Henry.
(d) She cares more than he could possibly know.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
2. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
3. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
4. Why does Henry say this person should inherit the crown?
5. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)