|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
(a) Only to John.
(b) Only to him.
(c) Only to Eleanor.
(d) Only to Richard.
2. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
(a) He is angry with her.
(b) He wants her to leave him alone.
(c) He is annoyed by her.
(d) He is about to tell her he loves her.
3. What does Henry wonder about everybody?
(a) Why they do not like him.
(b) Whether they all would rather share the kingdom.
(c) Whether everybody needs to be reassured about who loves whom.
(d) Where they have all gone.
4. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
(a) His relationship with Alais.
(b) The decorations in the castle.
(c) The dinner that is being served.
(d) How he let her out of prison for the holidays.
5. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
(a) He will give her the Vexin.
(b) He will love her forever.
(c) He will strike back if she strikes at him.
(d) He will leave her in peace.
6. What does Henry announce?
(a) Geoffrey is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(b) John is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(c) Philip is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(d) Richard is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
7. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
(a) To keep his enemy close.
(b) To keep her spirits up.
(c) To prepare her for marrying one of the princes.
(d) He loves her.
8. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
(a) He wants to spend more time with his mother.
(b) Since John is no longer the favorite, he has no interest in serving him.
(c) Since John is the favorite, he wants nothing to do with him.
(d) He no longer trusts John, now that he is to have the crown.
9. What does Henry suggest that the family start doing?
(b) Singing carols.
(c) Hanging holly.
(d) Eating dinner.
10. How big is the Vexin?
(a) The size of most of Europe.
(c) The size of all of France.
11. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 5 years.
12. What does Geoffrey say when John continues to hesitate?
(a) He reminds him that he owes him.
(b) He asks him if he is feeling alright.
(c) He asks him why he is waiting.
(d) He reminds him that it is either Richard on the throne or him.
13. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
(a) She wants nothing to do with him.
(b) She can get him the throne and Alais, but that she has to have the Aquitaine back to do it.
(c) She wants no one to inherit the throne.
(d) She wants the throne all to herself.
14. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
(b) Her trust.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her hand in marriage again.
15. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) John will be king.
(b) Alais will be queen.
(c) Geoffrey will be king.
(d) Richard will be king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
2. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
3. Why does Henry ask Alais to stay?
4. What does Eleanor ask Henry, regarding the Vexin?
5. To where does Henry invite Alais?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)