|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
(a) Only to Eleanor.
(b) Only to Richard.
(c) Only to John.
(d) Only to him.
2. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
(a) Why everybody hates him.
(b) Why everybody loves Geoffrey.
(c) Why no one knows Philip.
(d) Why everybody hates Richard.
4. What does Eleanor ask Henry, regarding the Vexin?
(a) How large it is.
(b) How much he is willing to pay for it.
(c) How truly important it is to him.
(d) Where it is located.
5. How does Henry think Eleanor sees the Aquitaine?
(a) As her home.
(b) As a piece of property.
(c) As a way to torture him.
(d) As a place she would like to be.
6. What does Alais try on?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A gown.
(c) A small crown.
(d) A new cloak.
7. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
(a) Young ones.
(b) Who have the rights to land.
(c) Beautiful ones.
(d) Those who are wealthy.
8. Eleanor pulls out a small knife and begins to do what with it?
(a) Stab pillow.
(b) Carve her will into her arm.
(d) Stab Richard.
9. What else do they banter about?
(a) How the peasants are in a uproar over new taxes.
(b) How poor the crops are this season.
(c) How much work needs to be done to the castle.
(d) How difficult life is in Eleanor's prison/castle.
10. What does Henry say he has to get for John?
(a) The Aquitaine.
(b) All of France.
(c) The Vexin.
11. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
(a) How lonely it has been without her.
(b) How much it needs her touch.
(c) How much it has changed since she has been gone.
(d) How pleasant it is to live in a peaceful kingdom.
12. Why does Henry ask Alais to stay?
(a) He does not want her to be alone.
(b) He does not trust her.
(c) Seeing them together upsets Eleanor.
(d) He loves her.
13. What does Henry do as he tells Richard what he imagines Eleanor is saying?
(a) He is trying to find her.
(b) He is plotting to murder her.
(c) He imitates her.
(d) He is writing her a letter.
14. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) She can believe him most of the time.
(b) It is never safe to believe him.
(c) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
(d) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
15. What happens as the brothers bicker?
(a) John exits.
(b) Eleanor enters.
(c) Philip enters.
(d) Henry enters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John respond when Henry asks John whether he has seen Philip?
2. What does Geoffrey say when John continues to hesitate?
3. What gift does Eleanor comment that Geoffrey has?
4. About what is Eleanor determined?
5. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)