|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
(a) The last rebellion she led against Henry.
(b) A game of chess.
(c) Her life back.
(d) A riding tournament.
2. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
(a) He cannot recall.
(b) He never adored her.
(c) He still does.
(d) He did once.
3. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
(a) She would have to leave the kingdom.
(b) She would be married to him.
(c) She would be his sister.
(d) She would become his mistress.
4. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
(a) She did nothing to convince him.
(b) She told him she loved him.
(c) Because she has nothing to lose, she is more dangerous than any of them.
(d) She blackmailed him, as usual.
5. What does Henry want before he dies?
(a) To split his kingdom into thirds for his three sons.
(b) To know who is going to inherit his kingdom.
(c) To see Eleanor die.
(d) To marry Alais.
6. What does Alais tell Henry about what John thinks?
(a) John thinks that he has done something to upset Henry.
(b) John thinks Henry meant what he said about Richard.
(c) John thinks Henry does not like Richard.
(d) John thinks Henry is losing his mind.
7. What else do they banter about?
(a) How difficult life is in Eleanor's prison/castle.
(b) How the peasants are in a uproar over new taxes.
(c) How much work needs to be done to the castle.
(d) How poor the crops are this season.
8. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
(a) Why everybody hates Richard.
(b) Why everybody loves Geoffrey.
(c) Why everybody hates him.
(d) Why no one knows Philip.
9. What does Alais try on?
(a) A new cloak.
(b) A small crown.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A gown.
10. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
(a) To prepare her for marrying one of the princes.
(b) To keep her spirits up.
(c) He loves her.
(d) To keep his enemy close.
11. Of what does Henry remind Eleanor?
(a) How many rebellions she has led against him.
(b) How much water there had been this summer.
(c) How much it costs to have repairs done.
(d) How poor the peasants already are.
12. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
(a) Her hand in marriage again.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her trust.
13. How does John respond when Henry asks John whether he has seen Philip?
(a) He yells at him.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He does not answer.
(d) He leaves the room.
14. How big is the Vexin?
(a) The size of most of Europe.
(b) The size of all of France.
15. What does Geoffrey tell John?
(a) Why no one seems to like him.
(b) He has never liked him.
(c) He is leaving the kingdom.
(d) What he said in Eleanor's chamber to convince the others to trust him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
2. What is Eleanor doing in her chamber?
3. What does Henry tell her when he sees her put this on?
4. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
5. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)