|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry makes a joke about how he's giving her what for Christmas?
(c) A tombstone.
(d) A cell.
2. What does Alais think Henry likes to do with her?
(a) Tell her loves her.
(b) Take control of her.
(c) Tease her.
(d) Being able to pass her around.
3. What does Geoffrey say when John continues to hesitate?
(a) He reminds him that it is either Richard on the throne or him.
(b) He asks him why he is waiting.
(c) He reminds him that he owes him.
(d) He asks him if he is feeling alright.
4. What does Philip demand?
(a) Either Alais stays Henry's mistress or the Vexin be returned to France's control.
(b) Either Alais be married or the Vexin be returned to France's control.
(c) Either Alais be married or he recieves money for the Vexin.
(d) Either Alais stay Henry's mistress or he receives money for the Vexin.
5. Henry brings up Rosamund, which in turn, leads Eleanor to do what?
(a) Make a joke about how poor of a mistress she was.
(b) Make a joke about how poor she was.
(c) Make a joke about how long she has been dead.
(d) Make a joke about how ugly she was.
6. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
(a) Only to John.
(b) Only to Richard.
(c) Only to him.
(d) Only to Eleanor.
7. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
(a) Cheating on Henry.
(b) Trying to destroy her.
(c) Hurting her.
(d) Never caring.
8. Where is this scene set?
(a) In Henry's bedchamber.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the great room.
(d) In the castle's reception room.
9. How big is the Vexin?
(a) The size of most of Europe.
(b) The size of all of France.
10. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
(a) His arm.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His hand.
(d) His horse.
11. When would Philip add his soldiers to John's?
(a) If John marries Alais.
(b) If John agrees to get the Vexin for Philip.
(c) If John goes against Eleanor.
(d) If John decides on war.
12. What does Henry announce?
(a) John is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(b) Richard is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(c) Philip is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(d) Geoffrey is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
13. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks him a question regarding the Vexin?
(a) It is of no use to him.
(b) It is essential.
(c) It is trivial.
(d) It is quite beautiful.
14. How does Henry think Eleanor sees the Aquitaine?
(a) As a piece of property.
(b) As a way to torture him.
(c) As a place she would like to be.
(d) As her home.
15. How might Henry use the Vexin?
(a) A location for a prison.
(b) As a launching point from which to invade France if he ever needs to.
(c) As a place to grow wheat.
(d) A summer retreat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
2. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
3. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
4. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
5. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)