|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks him a question regarding the Vexin?
(a) It is of no use to him.
(b) It is essential.
(c) It is quite beautiful.
(d) It is trivial.
2. As Henry and Eleanor finish putting up the holly, they banter about whether Henry truly misses whom?
3. What happens as the brothers bicker?
(a) Philip enters.
(b) Eleanor enters.
(c) John exits.
(d) Henry enters.
4. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
(a) She is ending their relationship.
(b) She wants to ask for forgiveness.
(c) She is hoping he will do a favor for her.
(d) She hopes for them to be as close as they once were.
5. How many of Henry's children love him, according to Alais?
(d) All of them.
6. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
(a) His arm.
(b) His hand.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His horse.
7. How big is the Vexin?
(c) The size of most of Europe.
(d) The size of all of France.
8. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
(a) She is asking about his whereabouts to be polite.
(b) She cares more than he could possibly know.
(c) She only now cares about him.
(d) She has never cared about Henry.
9. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
(a) Why everybody hates Richard.
(b) Why no one knows Philip.
(c) Why everybody loves Geoffrey.
(d) Why everybody hates him.
10. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
11. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
(a) To prepare her for marrying one of the princes.
(b) To keep his enemy close.
(c) To keep her spirits up.
(d) He loves her.
12. Geoffrey enters and tries to convince John to do what?
(a) Take the throne by force.
(c) Kill Henry.
(d) Trust him.
13. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
(a) With silence.
(b) With visible jealousy.
(c) With a shove.
(d) With genuine fondness.
14. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
(a) Geoffrey become king.
(b) Richard become king.
(c) Philip become king.
(d) John become king.
15. What does John admit to Henry?
(a) He is angry with Richard.
(b) He has never liked Henry.
(c) He is upset because Henry's given Richard everything.
(d) He has been plotting to take the crown since he was a teenager.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
2. Henry says in the years Eleanor's been in prison he's surprised himself by discovering what?
3. What has John come to announce?
4. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
5. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)