|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
(b) At first.
2. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
(a) Her hand in marriage again.
(b) Her trust.
(d) Her love.
3. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
(a) How much it needs her touch.
(b) How much it has changed since she has been gone.
(c) How pleasant it is to live in a peaceful kingdom.
(d) How lonely it has been without her.
4. What does Geoffrey tell John?
(a) He has never liked him.
(b) Why no one seems to like him.
(c) What he said in Eleanor's chamber to convince the others to trust him.
(d) He is leaving the kingdom.
5. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
(a) With silence.
(b) With genuine fondness.
(c) With visible jealousy.
(d) With a shove.
6. What does Henry suggest that the family start doing?
(a) Hanging holly.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Singing carols.
7. What does Eleanor ask Henry, regarding the Vexin?
(a) How truly important it is to him.
(b) Where it is located.
(c) How much he is willing to pay for it.
(d) How large it is.
8. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
(a) She cares more than he could possibly know.
(b) She is asking about his whereabouts to be polite.
(c) She has never cared about Henry.
(d) She only now cares about him.
9. What has John come to announce?
(a) Henry is marrying Alais.
(b) Henry is coming to put her back in prison.
(c) Henry is coming with the terms for the treaty with France.
(d) Henry has left for the day.
10. As they exit, on what does Henry comment?
(a) How much she still loves him.
(b) How he can still see love in Eleanor's smile.
(c) How little has changed between them.
(d) How beautiful she still is.
11. What happens as the brothers bicker?
(a) Eleanor enters.
(b) John exits.
(c) Henry enters.
(d) Philip enters.
12. What is Eleanor doing in her chamber?
(a) Wrapping Christmas presents.
(c) Lounging by the fire.
(d) Plotting against Henry.
13. What does Henry say history will call him?
(a) A master bastard.
(b) A great king.
(c) A queen's king.
(d) A king's king.
14. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
(a) Young ones.
(b) Beautiful ones.
(c) Those who are wealthy.
(d) Who have the rights to land.
15. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(b) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
(c) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(d) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
2. How might Henry use the Vexin?
3. The characters manipulate each other like what?
4. Geoffrey enters and tries to convince John to do what?
5. What does Henry do as he tells Richard what he imagines Eleanor is saying?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)