|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say history will call him?
(a) A king's king.
(b) A great king.
(c) A queen's king.
(d) A master bastard.
2. Geoffrey enters and tries to convince John to do what?
(a) Kill Henry.
(b) Take the throne by force.
(c) Trust him.
3. Why does Henry ask Alais to stay?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He does not trust her.
(c) Seeing them together upsets Eleanor.
(d) He does not want her to be alone.
4. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Exile her.
(d) Leave her.
5. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
(a) She blackmailed him, as usual.
(b) She did nothing to convince him.
(c) She told him she loved him.
(d) Because she has nothing to lose, she is more dangerous than any of them.
6. How big is the Vexin?
(b) The size of all of France.
(c) The size of most of Europe.
7. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
(a) The crown.
(b) His brothers hanged.
(d) Both the crown and Alais.
8. Geoffrey says he and John can work together freely, adding that they have got to make an alliance with whom?
9. The characters manipulate each other like what?
(a) Puppets on a string.
(b) Pieces on a chessboard.
(c) Each other's pets.
(d) Inhuman robots.
10. Of what does Henry remind Eleanor?
(a) How much water there had been this summer.
(b) How much it costs to have repairs done.
(c) How poor the peasants already are.
(d) How many rebellions she has led against him.
11. Henry brings up Rosamund, which in turn, leads Eleanor to do what?
(a) Make a joke about how poor of a mistress she was.
(b) Make a joke about how ugly she was.
(c) Make a joke about how poor she was.
(d) Make a joke about how long she has been dead.
12. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
(a) She is asking about his whereabouts to be polite.
(b) She has never cared about Henry.
(c) She cares more than he could possibly know.
(d) She only now cares about him.
13. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
(a) He is annoyed by her.
(b) He is about to tell her he loves her.
(c) He is angry with her.
(d) He wants her to leave him alone.
14. What does Richard say when Eleanor says she loves him?
(a) She is incapable of love.
(b) She has always loved him.
(c) She no longer loves him.
(d) She loves only Henry.
15. What does Henry say he has to get for John?
(a) All of France.
(b) The Aquitaine.
(c) The Vexin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might Henry use the Vexin?
2. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
3. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
4. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
5. Of what does Richard accuse Eleanor?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)