|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
(a) She is ending their relationship.
(b) She wants to ask for forgiveness.
(c) She is hoping he will do a favor for her.
(d) She hopes for them to be as close as they once were.
2. What happens as the brothers bicker?
(a) Eleanor enters.
(b) John exits.
(c) Philip enters.
(d) Henry enters.
3. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) Richard will be king.
(b) Alais will be queen.
(c) Geoffrey will be king.
(d) John will be king.
4. What will Henry's plans do for Alais, as well as make John king and Richard powerless?
(a) End her relationship with Henry.
(b) Give her more property.
(c) Make her his queen.
(d) Keep her with him.
5. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His arm.
(c) His hand.
(d) His horse.
6. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
(a) Philip become king.
(b) Richard become king.
(c) Geoffrey become king.
(d) John become king.
7. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They sing Christmas carols.
(b) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
(c) They are silent.
(d) They dance.
8. What does Henry say history will call him?
(a) A master bastard.
(b) A king's king.
(c) A great king.
(d) A queen's king.
9. What does Henry tell her when he sees her put this on?
(a) It is not warm enough.
(b) She is making a futile gesture.
(c) She looks beautiful.
(d) They are too small.
10. How might Henry use the Vexin?
(a) A location for a prison.
(b) As a place to grow wheat.
(c) A summer retreat.
(d) As a launching point from which to invade France if he ever needs to.
11. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) Alais loves him.
(b) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(c) She does not care what Henry does.
(d) Alais is nothing to him.
12. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
(a) She wants nothing to do with him.
(b) She wants no one to inherit the throne.
(c) She wants the throne all to herself.
(d) She can get him the throne and Alais, but that she has to have the Aquitaine back to do it.
13. What does Henry want before he dies?
(a) To see Eleanor die.
(b) To marry Alais.
(c) To split his kingdom into thirds for his three sons.
(d) To know who is going to inherit his kingdom.
14. What does Geoffrey tell John?
(a) He has never liked him.
(b) Why no one seems to like him.
(c) He is leaving the kingdom.
(d) What he said in Eleanor's chamber to convince the others to trust him.
15. What does Henry suggest that the family start doing?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Hanging holly.
(d) Singing carols.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eleanor say she would have been happier?
2. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
3. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
4. Where is this scene set?
5. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)