|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
(a) She only now cares about him.
(b) She cares more than he could possibly know.
(c) She is asking about his whereabouts to be polite.
(d) She has never cared about Henry.
2. How does John respond when Henry asks John whether he has seen Philip?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He leaves the room.
(c) He yells at him.
(d) He does not answer.
3. What is Eleanor doing in her chamber?
(a) Plotting against Henry.
(b) Lounging by the fire.
(d) Wrapping Christmas presents.
4. What does Henry say history will call him?
(a) A queen's king.
(b) A great king.
(c) A master bastard.
(d) A king's king.
5. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
(a) Trying to destroy her.
(b) Hurting her.
(c) Never caring.
(d) Cheating on Henry.
6. What does Alais try on?
(a) A gown.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A new cloak.
(d) A small crown.
7. To where does Henry invite Alais?
(a) To go down to meet the family with him.
(b) To go for a walk.
(c) To meet his wife.
(d) To go to dinner with him.
8. Where is this scene set?
(a) In the castle's reception room.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the great room.
(d) In Henry's bedchamber.
9. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
(a) His brothers hanged.
(b) Both the crown and Alais.
(d) The crown.
10. How big is the Vexin?
(b) The size of all of France.
(d) The size of most of Europe.
11. What does Philip demand?
(a) Either Alais be married or he recieves money for the Vexin.
(b) Either Alais stays Henry's mistress or the Vexin be returned to France's control.
(c) Either Alais be married or the Vexin be returned to France's control.
(d) Either Alais stay Henry's mistress or he receives money for the Vexin.
12. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
(a) She wants to ask for forgiveness.
(b) She is ending their relationship.
(c) She hopes for them to be as close as they once were.
(d) She is hoping he will do a favor for her.
13. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
(a) A riding tournament.
(b) The last rebellion she led against Henry.
(c) Her life back.
(d) A game of chess.
14. Of what does Eleanor remind Richard?
(a) Of the evidence she has against him.
(b) Of her plot to get him the crown.
(c) Of the arts she taught him.
(d) Of the love she feels for him.
15. The characters manipulate each other like what?
(a) Puppets on a string.
(b) Pieces on a chessboard.
(c) Inhuman robots.
(d) Each other's pets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Geoffrey says he and John can work together freely, adding that they have got to make an alliance with whom?
2. Geoffrey enters and tries to convince John to do what?
3. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
4. What does John admit to Henry?
5. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)