|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The characters manipulate each other like what?
(a) Inhuman robots.
(b) Pieces on a chessboard.
(c) Puppets on a string.
(d) Each other's pets.
2. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
(a) He never adored her.
(b) He cannot recall.
(c) He still does.
(d) He did once.
3. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
(a) Since John is the favorite, he wants nothing to do with him.
(b) He no longer trusts John, now that he is to have the crown.
(c) Since John is no longer the favorite, he has no interest in serving him.
(d) He wants to spend more time with his mother.
4. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
(a) Her life back.
(b) A riding tournament.
(c) A game of chess.
(d) The last rebellion she led against Henry.
5. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(a) His counter offer.
(b) His money.
(c) Alais' hand in marriage.
6. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They are silent.
(b) They dance.
(c) They sing Christmas carols.
(d) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
7. To whom was Eleanor once married?
(a) Philip's father.
(b) Philip's uncle.
(d) Philip's brother.
8. Geoffrey says he and John can work together freely, adding that they have got to make an alliance with whom?
9. What will Henry's plans do for Alais, as well as make John king and Richard powerless?
(a) End her relationship with Henry.
(b) Give her more property.
(c) Make her his queen.
(d) Keep her with him.
10. What has John come to announce?
(a) Henry is coming with the terms for the treaty with France.
(b) Henry has left for the day.
(c) Henry is marrying Alais.
(d) Henry is coming to put her back in prison.
11. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
(a) Beautiful ones.
(b) Young ones.
(c) Those who are wealthy.
(d) Who have the rights to land.
12. What does Richard say when Eleanor says she loves him?
(a) She no longer loves him.
(b) She is incapable of love.
(c) She has always loved him.
(d) She loves only Henry.
13. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
(a) He will leave her in peace.
(b) He will strike back if she strikes at him.
(c) He will love her forever.
(d) He will give her the Vexin.
14. What does Henry want before he dies?
(a) To see Eleanor die.
(b) To split his kingdom into thirds for his three sons.
(c) To know who is going to inherit his kingdom.
(d) To marry Alais.
15. With what does Eleanor enter?
(b) Her Christmas presents.
(d) A card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
2. Why does Henry ask Alais to stay?
3. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
4. Of what does Richard accuse Eleanor?
5. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)