|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they exit, on what does Henry comment?
(a) How he can still see love in Eleanor's smile.
(b) How much she still loves him.
(c) How beautiful she still is.
(d) How little has changed between them.
2. Of what does Richard accuse Eleanor?
(a) Being unkind to him and his brothers.
(b) Being more believable in the conversation she had with Geoffrey.
(c) Being a traitor to his father.
(d) Being a liar.
3. What does Eleanor ask Henry, regarding the Vexin?
(a) How truly important it is to him.
(b) Where it is located.
(c) How large it is.
(d) How much he is willing to pay for it.
4. What does Alais try on?
(a) A small crown.
(b) A gown.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A new cloak.
5. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) Alais will be queen.
(b) John will be king.
(c) Richard will be king.
(d) Geoffrey will be king.
6. What else do they banter about?
(a) How much work needs to be done to the castle.
(b) How poor the crops are this season.
(c) How difficult life is in Eleanor's prison/castle.
(d) How the peasants are in a uproar over new taxes.
7. What does Geoffrey say is lacking in his life?
(c) Attention or affection.
8. To whom was Eleanor once married?
(a) Philip's brother.
(b) Philip's uncle.
(d) Philip's father.
9. What has John come to announce?
(a) Henry is marrying Alais.
(b) Henry is coming to put her back in prison.
(c) Henry has left for the day.
(d) Henry is coming with the terms for the treaty with France.
10. Of what does Henry remind Eleanor?
(a) How many rebellions she has led against him.
(b) How much it costs to have repairs done.
(c) How poor the peasants already are.
(d) How much water there had been this summer.
11. What does Henry suggest that the family start doing?
(a) Singing carols.
(c) Hanging holly.
(d) Eating dinner.
12. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
(a) She is hoping he will do a favor for her.
(b) She wants to ask for forgiveness.
(c) She hopes for them to be as close as they once were.
(d) She is ending their relationship.
13. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) She can believe him most of the time.
(b) It is never safe to believe him.
(c) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
(d) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
14. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(a) His counter offer.
(b) Alais' hand in marriage.
(c) His money.
15. Where is this scene set?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In Henry's bedchamber.
(c) In the castle's reception room.
(d) In the great room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eleanor doing in her chamber?
2. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
3. Henry brings up Rosamund, which in turn, leads Eleanor to do what?
4. How does John respond when Henry asks John whether he has seen Philip?
5. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)