|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
(a) He has enough enemies as it is.
(b) He is through with her.
(c) She is not of enough importance to him.
(d) He is tired of arguing with her.
2. What does Richard say when Eleanor says she loves him?
(a) She loves only Henry.
(b) She has always loved him.
(c) She is incapable of love.
(d) She no longer loves him.
3. What does Geoffrey say when John continues to hesitate?
(a) He reminds him that it is either Richard on the throne or him.
(b) He reminds him that he owes him.
(c) He asks him if he is feeling alright.
(d) He asks him why he is waiting.
4. What does Henry say he has to get for John?
(a) The Aquitaine.
(b) The Vexin.
(c) All of France.
5. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
(a) She is asking about his whereabouts to be polite.
(b) She cares more than he could possibly know.
(c) She has never cared about Henry.
(d) She only now cares about him.
6. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
(a) With a shove.
(b) With genuine fondness.
(c) With visible jealousy.
(d) With silence.
7. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks him a question regarding the Vexin?
(a) It is of no use to him.
(b) It is essential.
(c) It is quite beautiful.
(d) It is trivial.
8. How does Henry think Eleanor sees the Aquitaine?
(a) As her home.
(b) As a way to torture him.
(c) As a place she would like to be.
(d) As a piece of property.
9. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) She can believe him most of the time.
(b) It is never safe to believe him.
(c) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
(d) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
10. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) Richard will be king.
(b) Geoffrey will be king.
(c) John will be king.
(d) Alais will be queen.
11. What does Alais think Henry likes to do with her?
(a) Take control of her.
(b) Tease her.
(c) Tell her loves her.
(d) Being able to pass her around.
12. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
(a) He no longer trusts John, now that he is to have the crown.
(b) Since John is no longer the favorite, he has no interest in serving him.
(c) He wants to spend more time with his mother.
(d) Since John is the favorite, he wants nothing to do with him.
13. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
(a) They will one day beat him.
(b) He will hopefully destroy some of them.
(c) He will still beat them all and have his way.
(d) There is only one he wishes to defeat.
14. What does Henry suggest that the family start doing?
(a) Eating dinner.
(c) Singing carols.
(d) Hanging holly.
15. To where does Henry invite Alais?
(a) To go down to meet the family with him.
(b) To go to dinner with him.
(c) To go for a walk.
(d) To meet his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say is lacking in his life?
2. What does Henry announce?
3. What does Henry wonder about everybody?
4. Why does Henry say this person should inherit the crown?
5. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)