|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
(a) She is angry and vows to get revenge.
(b) She says that will make the fight to come more pleasant.
(c) She is surprised at his response.
(d) She is disappointed.
2. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
(a) Never caring.
(b) Trying to destroy her.
(c) Cheating on Henry.
(d) Hurting her.
3. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
(a) His relationship with Alais.
(b) The decorations in the castle.
(c) How he let her out of prison for the holidays.
(d) The dinner that is being served.
4. As Eleanor drinks her wine, what does she recall?
(a) How much in love she had once been.
(b) How wealthy she had once been.
(c) How happy she once was.
(d) How beautiful she once was.
5. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
(a) Only to Richard.
(b) Only to Eleanor.
(c) Only to John.
(d) Only to him.
6. How big is the Vexin?
(a) The size of most of Europe.
(b) The size of all of France.
7. What does John admit to Henry?
(a) He is angry with Richard.
(b) He has never liked Henry.
(c) He is upset because Henry's given Richard everything.
(d) He has been plotting to take the crown since he was a teenager.
8. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
(a) She would become his mistress.
(b) She would have to leave the kingdom.
(c) She would be his sister.
(d) She would be married to him.
9. What will Henry's plans do for Alais, as well as make John king and Richard powerless?
(a) End her relationship with Henry.
(b) Keep her with him.
(c) Make her his queen.
(d) Give her more property.
10. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(a) Alais' hand in marriage.
(b) His money.
(c) His counter offer.
11. What does Henry want before he dies?
(a) To marry Alais.
(b) To split his kingdom into thirds for his three sons.
(c) To know who is going to inherit his kingdom.
(d) To see Eleanor die.
12. What does Henry say history will call him?
(a) A great king.
(b) A king's king.
(c) A master bastard.
(d) A queen's king.
13. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
(a) Henry and Alais love each other again.
(b) Henry and Eleanor destroy each other.
(c) Henry and Alais destroy each other.
(d) Henry and Eleanor love each other again.
14. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) Geoffrey will be king.
(b) Richard will be king.
(c) Alais will be queen.
(d) John will be king.
15. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
(a) He is annoyed by her.
(b) He is about to tell her he loves her.
(c) He wants her to leave him alone.
(d) He is angry with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
2. Of what does Eleanor remind Richard?
3. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
4. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
5. Geoffrey says he and John can work together freely, adding that they have got to make an alliance with whom?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)