|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
(a) Because she has nothing to lose, she is more dangerous than any of them.
(b) She blackmailed him, as usual.
(c) She did nothing to convince him.
(d) She told him she loved him.
2. Where is this scene set?
(a) In the great room.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the castle's reception room.
(d) In Henry's bedchamber.
3. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
(b) At first.
4. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
(a) He still does.
(b) He cannot recall.
(c) He did once.
(d) He never adored her.
5. How does Eleanor say she would have been happier?
(a) If she had been sterile.
(b) If she had a daughter.
(c) If her sons were smarter.
(d) If she had more sons.
6. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His hand.
(c) His horse.
(d) His arm.
7. Where does the first scene take place?
(a) Eleanor's bedchamber.
(b) Henry's bedchamber.
(c) Alais' bedchamber.
(d) The Great Hall.
8. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
(a) Her hand in marriage again.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her trust.
9. As Henry and Eleanor finish putting up the holly, they banter about whether Henry truly misses whom?
10. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
(a) Young ones.
(b) Those who are wealthy.
(c) Who have the rights to land.
(d) Beautiful ones.
11. What does Richard say when Eleanor says she loves him?
(a) She no longer loves him.
(b) She has always loved him.
(c) She loves only Henry.
(d) She is incapable of love.
12. Of what does Richard accuse Eleanor?
(a) Being unkind to him and his brothers.
(b) Being a traitor to his father.
(c) Being a liar.
(d) Being more believable in the conversation she had with Geoffrey.
13. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
(a) He is annoyed by her.
(b) He is about to tell her he loves her.
(c) He is angry with her.
(d) He wants her to leave him alone.
14. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
(a) She will burn the Vexin.
(b) She will move to the summer home on the Vexin.
(c) She will purches the Vexin.
(d) She will see to it that Henry loses the Vexin.
15. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) Alais will be queen.
(b) John will be king.
(c) Richard will be king.
(d) Geoffrey will be king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
2. What does Alais tell Henry about what John thinks?
3. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
4. How many of Henry's children love him, according to Alais?
5. What else do they banter about?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)