|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
(b) They are silent.
(c) They sing Christmas carols.
(d) They dance.
2. Where is this scene set?
(a) In Henry's bedchamber.
(b) In the great room.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the castle's reception room.
3. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
(a) A riding tournament.
(b) A game of chess.
(c) Her life back.
(d) The last rebellion she led against Henry.
4. Geoffrey enters and tries to convince John to do what?
(b) Trust him.
(c) Take the throne by force.
(d) Kill Henry.
5. As they exit, on what does Henry comment?
(a) How much she still loves him.
(b) How beautiful she still is.
(c) How little has changed between them.
(d) How he can still see love in Eleanor's smile.
6. Why does Henry say this person should inherit the crown?
(a) Richard would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(b) Philip would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(c) Geoffrey would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(d) John would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
7. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
(a) Henry and Alais destroy each other.
(b) Henry and Alais love each other again.
(c) Henry and Eleanor love each other again.
(d) Henry and Eleanor destroy each other.
8. Henry brings up Rosamund, which in turn, leads Eleanor to do what?
(a) Make a joke about how long she has been dead.
(b) Make a joke about how poor she was.
(c) Make a joke about how ugly she was.
(d) Make a joke about how poor of a mistress she was.
9. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
(a) To keep her spirits up.
(b) To keep his enemy close.
(c) To prepare her for marrying one of the princes.
(d) He loves her.
10. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
(a) Since John is no longer the favorite, he has no interest in serving him.
(b) He no longer trusts John, now that he is to have the crown.
(c) Since John is the favorite, he wants nothing to do with him.
(d) He wants to spend more time with his mother.
11. When would Philip add his soldiers to John's?
(a) If John agrees to get the Vexin for Philip.
(b) If John decides on war.
(c) If John marries Alais.
(d) If John goes against Eleanor.
12. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
(a) There is only one he wishes to defeat.
(b) He will still beat them all and have his way.
(c) They will one day beat him.
(d) He will hopefully destroy some of them.
13. What does Henry announce?
(a) Richard is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(b) Geoffrey is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(c) John is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(d) Philip is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
14. What does Henry do as he tells Richard what he imagines Eleanor is saying?
(a) He is trying to find her.
(b) He imitates her.
(c) He is plotting to murder her.
(d) He is writing her a letter.
15. The characters manipulate each other like what?
(a) Pieces on a chessboard.
(b) Puppets on a string.
(c) Inhuman robots.
(d) Each other's pets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
2. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
3. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
4. What does Henry say history will call him?
5. How might Henry use the Vexin?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)