|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
(a) Why no one knows Philip.
(b) Why everybody hates Richard.
(c) Why everybody loves Geoffrey.
(d) Why everybody hates him.
2. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(a) Alais' hand in marriage.
(b) His counter offer.
(d) His money.
3. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
(a) Richard become king.
(b) Geoffrey become king.
(c) John become king.
(d) Philip become king.
4. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
(a) She would have to leave the kingdom.
(b) She would become his mistress.
(c) She would be married to him.
(d) She would be his sister.
5. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
6. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
(a) To keep his enemy close.
(b) To prepare her for marrying one of the princes.
(c) To keep her spirits up.
(d) He loves her.
7. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
(a) Young ones.
(b) Who have the rights to land.
(c) Beautiful ones.
(d) Those who are wealthy.
8. With what does Eleanor enter?
(b) Her Christmas presents.
(d) A card.
9. What else do they banter about?
(a) How difficult life is in Eleanor's prison/castle.
(b) How much work needs to be done to the castle.
(c) How poor the crops are this season.
(d) How the peasants are in a uproar over new taxes.
10. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks him a question regarding the Vexin?
(a) It is of no use to him.
(b) It is trivial.
(c) It is quite beautiful.
(d) It is essential.
11. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
(a) He still does.
(b) He did once.
(c) He cannot recall.
(d) He never adored her.
12. What does Geoffrey tell John?
(a) What he said in Eleanor's chamber to convince the others to trust him.
(b) He has never liked him.
(c) Why no one seems to like him.
(d) He is leaving the kingdom.
13. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
(a) His brothers hanged.
(b) The crown.
(d) Both the crown and Alais.
14. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
(a) The last rebellion she led against Henry.
(b) Her life back.
(c) A game of chess.
(d) A riding tournament.
15. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
(a) She is angry and vows to get revenge.
(b) She says that will make the fight to come more pleasant.
(c) She is surprised at his response.
(d) She is disappointed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
2. Of what does Eleanor remind Richard?
3. Why does Henry say this person should inherit the crown?
4. What does Geoffrey say when John continues to hesitate?
5. Geoffrey says he and John can work together freely, adding that they have got to make an alliance with whom?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)