|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alais' comment about Eleanor?
(a) She manipulated the situation to save her sons' lives.
(b) She is a very intelligent woman.
(c) She is her enemy.
(d) She will send Alais away from the kingdom.
2. What does Henry convince Alais?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He no longer loves her.
(c) They will enjoy Rome.
(d) There is nothing Eleanor or Richard can do to stop them.
3. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
(a) She wants nothing to do with him.
(b) She can get him the throne and Alais, but that she has to have the Aquitaine back to do it.
(c) She wants the throne all to herself.
(d) She wants no one to inherit the throne.
4. Henry speaks lovingly to Alais, and then as Eleanor watches, what does he do?
(a) He tells Alais he was only pretending to love her.
(b) He tells Alais to leave.
(c) He turns and kisses Eleanor.
(d) He kisses her passionately.
5. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) Alais loves him.
(b) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(c) Alais is nothing to him.
(d) She does not care what Henry does.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
2. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
3. Eleanor agrees, but adds a condition. What is that condition?
4. What pain does Eleanor say does nothing to compare to her loss of Henry?
5. What does Alais think Henry likes to do with her?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)