|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alais respond when he tells the family about the deal he had made with Eleanor?
(a) He has lost his mind.
(b) She is shocked that he would do this to her.
(c) He must be believed.
(d) He is only plotting and is not to be believed.
2. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
(b) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(c) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(d) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
3. To what does Richard challenge Henry?
(a) A duel.
(c) A jousting tournament.
(d) A game of chess.
4. Why does Alais say this about the brothers?
(a) She wants to marry one of them.
(b) She cares for them.
(c) If she ever actually has a child they would come after it and kill it.
(d) She hates them and wants to see them dead.
5. Eleanor agrees, but adds a condition. What is that condition?
(a) Richard must be king.
(b) Richard and Alais marry right away.
(c) Henry must find a new lover.
(d) Henry must only love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry convince Alais?
2. Why does this make no difference to Eleanor?
3. What does Henry say he has to get for John?
4. About what do John and Geoffrey taunt each other?
5. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)