|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alais say Eleanor sees when she looks at Henry?
(a) The king.
(b) Cities and coastlines and taxes.
(c) A kind man.
(d) Her husband.
2. What reminds John that he agreed to join with Philip in a war against Henry?
(a) Geoffrey pointedly comments that there is still Philip to consider.
(b) John receives a note from Philip asking how many soldiers he needs.
(c) Philip shows up and reminds him.
(d) John hears Philip's army outside.
3. What does Alais ask Henry as he goes to leave?
(a) Whether he is going to let his sons out or lock them in.
(b) If he will come back for her.
(c) Where he is going.
(d) When they leave for Rome.
4. Alone in her bedchamber, what does Eleanor do?
(a) She tries on her jewels.
(b) She thinks about her marriage.
(c) She wishes she could be away from this kingdom.
(d) She cries.
5. When Richard says he never writes anyone, what does Philip do?
(a) He agrees that he does not anyone.
(b) He begins to sob.
(c) He changes the subject and asks what kind of deal they could make.
(d) He apologizes.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Eleanor determined?
2. About what do John and Geoffrey taunt each other?
3. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
4. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 6 take place?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)