|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philip say about his marriage?
(a) It is a strong bond.
(b) He does not want to be married.
(c) He wishes it were Richard.
(d) It makes no difference.
2. Of what does Richard accuse Eleanor?
(a) Being more believable in the conversation she had with Geoffrey.
(b) Being unkind to him and his brothers.
(c) Being a traitor to his father.
(d) Being a liar.
3. What does Alais say Eleanor sees when she looks at Henry?
(a) Cities and coastlines and taxes.
(b) A kind man.
(c) The king.
(d) Her husband.
4. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
(b) She can believe him most of the time.
(c) It is never safe to believe him.
(d) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
5. What happens as Geoffrey and Philip discuss what alliances they could make if Geoffrey were to inherit the throne?
(a) Eleanor arrives and wants to join the alliance.
(b) Henry runs into the room and asks what is going on.
(c) John jumps out from behind a tapestry and accuses Geoffrey of betraying him.
(d) Richard jumps out from behind the bed and wants to join the alliance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
2. What implies that Philip is out for revenge?
3. What does Alais ask Henry as he goes to leave?
4. What does Henry want before he dies?
5. What has John come to announce?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)