|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Eleanor hate Rosamund?
(a) She was an evil woman.
(b) She was more beautiful than Eleanor.
(c) She took her place at Henry's side.
(d) She taunted Eleanor.
2. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
(b) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
(c) She can believe him most of the time.
(d) It is never safe to believe him.
3. How does Henry think Eleanor sees the Aquitaine?
(a) As her home.
(b) As a place she would like to be.
(c) As a piece of property.
(d) As a way to torture him.
4. What does Eleanor do when Richard pulls out a dagger and makes as if to kill John?
(a) She hands him another, sharper dagger.
(b) She stops him with a poetically written speech.
(c) She tells him to do it already.
(d) She screams at him to stop.
5. After he exits, what does Eleanor comment to herself?
(a) That Henry will lose.
(b) That she has lost.
(c) That Philip will lose.
(d) That she has not lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Philip say he proclaimed his love for Richard?
2. As they exit, on what does Henry comment?
3. How does Eleanor say she would have been happier?
4. With what does Eleanor enter?
5. About what does Henry taunt Philip?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)