|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Richard challenge Henry?
(b) A game of chess.
(c) A jousting tournament.
(d) A duel.
2. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They dance.
(b) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
(c) They sing Christmas carols.
(d) They are silent.
3. How does Henry think Eleanor sees the Aquitaine?
(a) As a place she would like to be.
(b) As her home.
(c) As a way to torture him.
(d) As a piece of property.
4. What does Richard try to convince Philip to do?
(a) Sign a peace treaty.
(b) Make an alliance against Eleanor.
(c) Make an alliance against his brothers.
(d) Make an alliance against Henry.
5. What does Eleanor ask Henry, regarding the Vexin?
(a) Where it is located.
(b) How large it is.
(c) How much he is willing to pay for it.
(d) How truly important it is to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Geoffrey and John do when Richard is heard offstage?
2. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
3. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
4. Eleanor pulls out a small knife and begins to do what with it?
5. Why did Eleanor hate Rosamund?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)