|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His hand.
(c) His arm.
(d) His horse.
2. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
(a) Philip become king.
(b) Geoffrey become king.
(c) John become king.
(d) Richard become king.
3. What does Geoffrey say when John continues to hesitate?
(a) He reminds him that he owes him.
(b) He asks him why he is waiting.
(c) He reminds him that it is either Richard on the throne or him.
(d) He asks him if he is feeling alright.
4. What is Eleanor now able to do?
(a) Protect her property.
(b) Be free of her sons.
(c) Fall back in love with Henry.
(d) Stick her knife in Henry's vulnerable spot, his belief that John loves him.
5. What does Alais tell Henry about what he had just done?
(a) He shocked her, because she never thought she had a chance of marrying into the family.
(b) He scared her, because she wants to marry John.
(c) He cannot play with other people's feelings the way he played with hers.
(d) He excited her, because she was hoping to marry Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
2. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
3. What does Alais try on?
4. What happens as Geoffrey and Philip discuss what alliances they could make if Geoffrey were to inherit the throne?
5. After negotiating use of land and horses, why does Richard say he never wrote?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)