|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor say to Alais?
(a) They should not be seen together.
(b) Tthey can talk behind Henry's back, briefly recounting what happened in Philip's bedroom.
(c) She does not like Alais.
(d) She does not want to talk about Henry behind his back.
2. To what does Richard challenge Henry?
(a) A jousting tournament.
(c) A game of chess.
(d) A duel.
3. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
(a) He will give her the Vexin.
(b) He will love her forever.
(c) He will leave her in peace.
(d) He will strike back if she strikes at him.
4. The characters manipulate each other like what?
(a) Inhuman robots.
(b) Pieces on a chessboard.
(c) Puppets on a string.
(d) Each other's pets.
5. Henry speaks lovingly to Alais, and then as Eleanor watches, what does he do?
(a) He tells Alais he was only pretending to love her.
(b) He turns and kisses Eleanor.
(c) He kisses her passionately.
(d) He tells Alais to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry says in the years Eleanor's been in prison he's surprised himself by discovering what?
2. Geoffrey enters and tries to convince John to do what?
3. Of what does Richard accuse Eleanor?
4. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
5. What is Eleanor doing in her chamber?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)