|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
(a) He is tired of arguing with her.
(b) She is not of enough importance to him.
(c) He is through with her.
(d) He has enough enemies as it is.
2. What happens as Geoffrey and Philip discuss what alliances they could make if Geoffrey were to inherit the throne?
(a) Henry runs into the room and asks what is going on.
(b) Eleanor arrives and wants to join the alliance.
(c) John jumps out from behind a tapestry and accuses Geoffrey of betraying him.
(d) Richard jumps out from behind the bed and wants to join the alliance.
3. What does Henry say history will call him?
(a) A king's king.
(b) A queen's king.
(c) A master bastard.
(d) A great king.
4. What has John come to announce?
(a) Henry is marrying Alais.
(b) Henry is coming to put her back in prison.
(c) Henry has left for the day.
(d) Henry is coming with the terms for the treaty with France.
5. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) Geoffrey will be king.
(b) Richard will be king.
(c) John will be king.
(d) Alais will be queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks him a question regarding the Vexin?
2. When would Philip add his soldiers to John's?
3. Why does this make no difference to Eleanor?
4. What gift does Eleanor comment that Geoffrey has?
5. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)