|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) Geoffrey will be king.
(b) Richard will be king.
(c) Alais will be queen.
(d) John will be king.
2. What does Eleanor begin to sing?
(a) Another song.
(b) Her favorite song.
(c) A song she had learned as a child.
(d) The carol Alais was singing at the beginning of the scene.
3. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
(a) He wants her to leave him alone.
(b) He is angry with her.
(c) He is about to tell her he loves her.
(d) He is annoyed by her.
4. What does Philip demand?
(a) Either Alais be married or the Vexin be returned to France's control.
(b) Either Alais stay Henry's mistress or he receives money for the Vexin.
(c) Either Alais stays Henry's mistress or the Vexin be returned to France's control.
(d) Either Alais be married or he recieves money for the Vexin.
5. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor offer Henry because she is tired?
2. What does Alais try on?
3. How does Alais respond when he tells the family about the deal he had made with Eleanor?
4. What does Eleanor do when Richard pulls out a dagger and makes as if to kill John?
5. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)