|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Exile her.
(d) Leave her.
2. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
(a) She is surprised at his response.
(b) She says that will make the fight to come more pleasant.
(c) She is angry and vows to get revenge.
(d) She is disappointed.
3. What does Alais try on?
(a) A new cloak.
(b) A small crown.
(c) A gown.
(d) A pair of shoes.
4. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) Alais is nothing to him.
(b) She does not care what Henry does.
(c) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(d) Alais loves him.
5. Geoffrey enters and tries to convince John to do what?
(b) Take the throne by force.
(c) Kill Henry.
(d) Trust him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geoffrey tell John?
2. Alone in her bedchamber, what does Eleanor do?
3. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
4. Of what does Richard remind Philip?
5. For what has Eleanor come?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)