|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They dance.
(b) They sing Christmas carols.
(c) They are silent.
(d) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
2. What else do they banter about?
(a) How difficult life is in Eleanor's prison/castle.
(b) How poor the crops are this season.
(c) How much work needs to be done to the castle.
(d) How the peasants are in a uproar over new taxes.
3. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
4. Eleanor agrees, but adds a condition. What is that condition?
(a) Henry must only love her.
(b) Richard and Alais marry right away.
(c) Henry must find a new lover.
(d) Richard must be king.
5. Why does Philip say he proclaimed his love for Richard?
(a) So he could one day rule the kingdom.
(b) So he could one day torture Henry with the revelation of his son's deviant nature.
(c) Because he loves him.
(d) So he could become Richard's queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
2. How does Richard react when Henry reveals that Eleanor has given him the Aquitaine in exchange for freedom?
3. What does Philip say about his marriage?
4. What gift does Eleanor comment that Geoffrey has?
5. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)