|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
(a) He is through with her.
(b) She is not of enough importance to him.
(c) He is tired of arguing with her.
(d) He has enough enemies as it is.
2. What does Geoffrey say when John continues to hesitate?
(a) He asks him if he is feeling alright.
(b) He reminds him that he owes him.
(c) He reminds him that it is either Richard on the throne or him.
(d) He asks him why he is waiting.
3. What does Alais tell Henry about what he had just done?
(a) He cannot play with other people's feelings the way he played with hers.
(b) He excited her, because she was hoping to marry Richard.
(c) He shocked her, because she never thought she had a chance of marrying into the family.
(d) He scared her, because she wants to marry John.
4. Henry makes a joke about how he's giving her what for Christmas?
(c) A cell.
(d) A tombstone.
5. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
(a) He will love her forever.
(b) He will leave her in peace.
(c) He will give her the Vexin.
(d) He will strike back if she strikes at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has John come to announce?
2. How does John respond when Henry asks John whether he has seen Philip?
3. About what does John talk as he leaves?
4. What gift does Eleanor comment that Geoffrey has?
5. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)