|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry say he made the deal?
(a) Because he wants what Eleanor wants.
(b) Because of the treaty with Philip.
(c) Because he cares for Richard.
(d) Because he no longer loves Alais.
2. After negotiating use of land and horses, why does Richard say he never wrote?
(a) He did not know what to say.
(b) He did not think Philip would answer.
(c) He cannot spell.
(d) He does not trust Philip.
3. Where is this scene set?
(a) In Henry's bedchamber.
(b) In the castle's reception room.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the great room.
4. Geoffrey says he and John can work together freely, adding that they have got to make an alliance with whom?
5. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) Alais is nothing to him.
(b) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(c) She does not care what Henry does.
(d) Alais loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
2. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
3. Henry speaks lovingly to Alais, and then as Eleanor watches, what does he do?
4. What does Alais tell Henry about what John thinks?
5. About what do Henry and Eleanor tease each other?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)