|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eleanor glad to hear that Henry cares for Alais?
(a) She wants to be sure Alais is protected.
(b) She is glad he loves someone.
(c) She had been afraid that giving Alais away was not going to hurt.
(d) She does not want him using her.
2. What does Philip say about his marriage?
(a) It makes no difference.
(b) It is a strong bond.
(c) He wishes it were Richard.
(d) He does not want to be married.
3. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
(a) She is hoping he will do a favor for her.
(b) She is ending their relationship.
(c) She hopes for them to be as close as they once were.
(d) She wants to ask for forgiveness.
4. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
(a) His relationship with Alais.
(b) The decorations in the castle.
(c) How he let her out of prison for the holidays.
(d) The dinner that is being served.
5. What happens as the brothers bicker?
(a) Eleanor enters.
(b) Philip enters.
(c) Henry enters.
(d) John exits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
2. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
3. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
4. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
5. What does Richard try to convince Philip to do?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)