|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
(a) He wants to spend more time with his mother.
(b) Since John is the favorite, he wants nothing to do with him.
(c) He no longer trusts John, now that he is to have the crown.
(d) Since John is no longer the favorite, he has no interest in serving him.
2. Why is Eleanor glad to hear that Henry cares for Alais?
(a) She had been afraid that giving Alais away was not going to hurt.
(b) She is glad he loves someone.
(c) She does not want him using her.
(d) She wants to be sure Alais is protected.
3. What does Henry tell her when he sees her put this on?
(a) She is making a futile gesture.
(b) They are too small.
(c) It is not warm enough.
(d) She looks beautiful.
4. What does Alais think Henry likes to do with her?
(a) Tease her.
(b) Being able to pass her around.
(c) Tell her loves her.
(d) Take control of her.
5. What does Philip demand?
(a) Either Alais stay Henry's mistress or he receives money for the Vexin.
(b) Either Alais be married or he recieves money for the Vexin.
(c) Either Alais be married or the Vexin be returned to France's control.
(d) Either Alais stays Henry's mistress or the Vexin be returned to France's control.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eleanor agrees, but adds a condition. What is that condition?
2. What does Richard say is the only thing he wants from Henry?
3. Why does Henry say he made the deal?
4. Henry declares everyone will be what, until they agree John is to be the next king?
5. As Eleanor drinks her wine, what does she recall?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)