|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
(a) He never adored her.
(b) He cannot recall.
(c) He still does.
(d) He did once.
2. What does Henry tell her when he sees her put this on?
(a) She is making a futile gesture.
(b) She looks beautiful.
(c) It is not warm enough.
(d) They are too small.
3. Why does she tell Geoffrey this?
(a) She wants to see Henry defeated.
(b) She needs time to tell Henry that John has betrayed him.
(c) She needs to speak with Philip in private.
(d) She wants John to be protected.
4. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
(a) Since John is the favorite, he wants nothing to do with him.
(b) He wants to spend more time with his mother.
(c) He no longer trusts John, now that he is to have the crown.
(d) Since John is no longer the favorite, he has no interest in serving him.
5. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
(b) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(c) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(d) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
Short Answer Questions
1. When would Philip add his soldiers to John's?
2. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
3. Why does this make no difference to Eleanor?
4. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
5. What does Richard say when Eleanor says she loves him?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)