|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
(a) Henry and Eleanor love each other again.
(b) Henry and Alais destroy each other.
(c) Henry and Alais love each other again.
(d) Henry and Eleanor destroy each other.
2. As Eleanor drinks her wine, what does she recall?
(a) How beautiful she once was.
(b) How happy she once was.
(c) How wealthy she had once been.
(d) How much in love she had once been.
3. Why does Henry say he made the deal?
(a) Because he cares for Richard.
(b) Because he no longer loves Alais.
(c) Because of the treaty with Philip.
(d) Because he wants what Eleanor wants.
4. What does Alais tell Henry about what he had just done?
(a) He cannot play with other people's feelings the way he played with hers.
(b) He shocked her, because she never thought she had a chance of marrying into the family.
(c) He scared her, because she wants to marry John.
(d) He excited her, because she was hoping to marry Richard.
5. Henry declares everyone will be what, until they agree John is to be the next king?
(b) In danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does this make no difference to Eleanor?
2. What does Henry say he has to get for John?
3. Where does the first scene take place?
4. What will Henry's plans do for Alais, as well as make John king and Richard powerless?
5. What does Philip say about his marriage?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)