|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
(a) She only now cares about him.
(b) She has never cared about Henry.
(c) She is asking about his whereabouts to be polite.
(d) She cares more than he could possibly know.
2. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They sing Christmas carols.
(b) They dance.
(c) They are silent.
(d) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
3. Where is this scene set?
(a) In the castle's reception room.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In Henry's bedchamber.
(d) In the great room.
4. About what does Henry taunt Philip?
(a) How he is not a very smart man.
(b) How he looks.
(c) How he has just given all his plans away.
(d) How he is in love with Richard.
5. To what does Richard challenge Henry?
(a) A duel.
(b) A game of chess.
(c) A jousting tournament.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
2. What implies that Philip is out for revenge?
3. Where does the first scene take place?
4. Philip opens the canopy of the bed, suggesting that Richard do what?
5. What does Alais think Henry likes to do with her?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)