|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say history will call him?
(a) A king's king.
(b) A great king.
(c) A queen's king.
(d) A master bastard.
2. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
(a) To keep his enemy close.
(b) To prepare her for marrying one of the princes.
(c) He loves her.
(d) To keep her spirits up.
3. Why does Henry say this person should inherit the crown?
(a) Geoffrey would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(b) Richard would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(c) Philip would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
(d) John would simply take the crown if it was not given to him.
4. Eleanor pulls out a small knife and begins to do what with it?
(a) Carve her will into her arm.
(b) Stab Richard.
(d) Stab pillow.
5. What does John admit to Henry?
(a) He has been plotting to take the crown since he was a teenager.
(b) He has never liked Henry.
(c) He is angry with Richard.
(d) He is upset because Henry's given Richard everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the first scene take place?
2. What does Philip say about his marriage?
3. Does Henry believe Richard?
4. How does Richard react when Henry reveals that Eleanor has given him the Aquitaine in exchange for freedom?
5. What does Geoffrey remember about his third birthday?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)