|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
(b) Her husband's mistresses.
(c) Her children.
2. Where is this scene set?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In the great room.
(c) In Henry's bedchamber.
(d) In the castle's reception room.
3. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
(a) There is only one he wishes to defeat.
(b) He will hopefully destroy some of them.
(c) He will still beat them all and have his way.
(d) They will one day beat him.
4. What does Henry say that he will give Eleanor if she gives him the Aquitaine?
(a) Her bedchamber.
(b) His love.
(c) Her freedom.
5. Eleanor pulls out a small knife and begins to do what with it?
(b) Stab Richard.
(c) Stab pillow.
(d) Carve her will into her arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Geoffrey enters and tries to convince John to do what?
2. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
3. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
4. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
5. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)