|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Richard challenge Henry?
(b) A duel.
(c) A game of chess.
(d) A jousting tournament.
2. Eleanor realizes she now has an advantage, and tells Geoffrey what?
(a) To take John to Philip.
(b) To keep John away from Philip.
(c) To take Philip to John.
(d) To keep John away from Henry.
3. What is Eleanor doing in her chamber?
(a) Wrapping Christmas presents.
(c) Lounging by the fire.
(d) Plotting against Henry.
4. What implies that Philip is out for revenge?
(a) Henry abused and manipulated his father.
(b) Henry abused him as a child.
(c) He has been stalking Henry for years.
(d) Henry has always been unkind to him.
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 6 take place?
(a) Alais' bedroom.
(b) In Philip's bedroom.
(c) Henry's bedroom.
(d) Eleanor's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard try to convince Philip to do?
2. When Geoffrey exits, what does Eleanor turn to Richard and tell him?
3. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
4. Why has Henry come?
5. Does Henry believe Richard?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)