|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Eleanor comment that Geoffrey has?
(a) For understanding.
(b) For love.
(c) For hatred.
(d) For compassion.
2. Henry says in the years Eleanor's been in prison he's surprised himself by discovering what?
(a) How sick he is of war.
(b) How much he misses her.
(c) How sorry he is for locking her up.
(d) How old she has become.
3. With what does Eleanor enter?
(a) A card.
(b) Her Christmas presents.
4. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
(a) Henry and Eleanor love each other again.
(b) Henry and Alais destroy each other.
(c) Henry and Eleanor destroy each other.
(d) Henry and Alais love each other again.
5. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(b) Alais loves him.
(c) Alais is nothing to him.
(d) She does not care what Henry does.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
2. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
3. What does Geoffrey say when John continues to hesitate?
4. Where does the first scene take place?
5. Henry makes a joke about how he's giving her what for Christmas?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)