|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
(a) To keep his enemy close.
(b) To keep her spirits up.
(c) To prepare her for marrying one of the princes.
(d) He loves her.
2. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
(a) He is annoyed by her.
(b) He is angry with her.
(c) He is about to tell her he loves her.
(d) He wants her to leave him alone.
3. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
(a) Her children.
(b) Her husband's mistresses.
4. What does Geoffrey say is lacking in his life?
(c) Attention or affection.
5. What does Richard say when Eleanor says she loves him?
(a) She no longer loves him.
(b) She loves only Henry.
(c) She has always loved him.
(d) She is incapable of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry ask Alais to stay?
2. Henry says in the years Eleanor's been in prison he's surprised himself by discovering what?
3. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
4. How does John respond when Henry asks John whether he has seen Philip?
5. What does Geoffrey say when John continues to hesitate?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)