|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
(a) How lonely it has been without her.
(b) How much it has changed since she has been gone.
(c) How pleasant it is to live in a peaceful kingdom.
(d) How much it needs her touch.
2. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
(a) She is surprised at his response.
(b) She says that will make the fight to come more pleasant.
(c) She is angry and vows to get revenge.
(d) She is disappointed.
3. What does Henry want before he dies?
(a) To know who is going to inherit his kingdom.
(b) To see Eleanor die.
(c) To split his kingdom into thirds for his three sons.
(d) To marry Alais.
4. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) It is never safe to believe him.
(b) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
(c) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
(d) She can believe him most of the time.
5. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They dance.
(b) They are silent.
(c) They sing Christmas carols.
(d) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was Eleanor once married?
2. Geoffrey says he and John can work together freely, adding that they have got to make an alliance with whom?
3. Henry brings up Rosamund, which in turn, leads Eleanor to do what?
4. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
5. What has John come to announce?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)