|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
(a) Because she has nothing to lose, she is more dangerous than any of them.
(b) She blackmailed him, as usual.
(c) She told him she loved him.
(d) She did nothing to convince him.
2. Where does the first scene take place?
(a) The Great Hall.
(b) Eleanor's bedchamber.
(c) Alais' bedchamber.
(d) Henry's bedchamber.
3. As they exit, on what does Henry comment?
(a) How he can still see love in Eleanor's smile.
(b) How beautiful she still is.
(c) How much she still loves him.
(d) How little has changed between them.
4. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
(a) How pleasant it is to live in a peaceful kingdom.
(b) How much it has changed since she has been gone.
(c) How lonely it has been without her.
(d) How much it needs her touch.
5. Geoffrey enters and tries to convince John to do what?
(a) Kill Henry.
(b) Trust him.
(d) Take the throne by force.
Short Answer Questions
1. The characters manipulate each other like what?
2. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
3. What does Alais tell Henry about what John thinks?
4. What has John come to announce?
5. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)