|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When would Philip add his soldiers to John's?
(a) If John decides on war.
(b) If John goes against Eleanor.
(c) If John agrees to get the Vexin for Philip.
(d) If John marries Alais.
2. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(b) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(c) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(d) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
3. How might Henry use the Vexin?
(a) As a place to grow wheat.
(b) A summer retreat.
(c) As a launching point from which to invade France if he ever needs to.
(d) A location for a prison.
4. How does Eleanor say she would have been happier?
(a) If she had a daughter.
(b) If her sons were smarter.
(c) If she had been sterile.
(d) If she had more sons.
5. What does Richard say when Eleanor says she loves him?
(a) She has always loved him.
(b) She loves only Henry.
(c) She no longer loves him.
(d) She is incapable of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say he has to get for John?
2. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
3. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
4. What does Philip demand?
5. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)