|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
(a) He cannot recall.
(b) He did once.
(c) He never adored her.
(d) He still does.
2. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They sing Christmas carols.
(b) They are silent.
(c) They dance.
(d) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
3. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
(a) Henry and Eleanor destroy each other.
(b) Henry and Alais love each other again.
(c) Henry and Alais destroy each other.
(d) Henry and Eleanor love each other again.
4. How many of Henry's children love him, according to Alais?
(c) All of them.
5. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
(b) It is never safe to believe him.
(c) She can believe him most of the time.
(d) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
2. As Eleanor drinks her wine, what does she recall?
3. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
4. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
5. To whom was Eleanor once married?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)