|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) Alais is nothing to him.
(b) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(c) She does not care what Henry does.
(d) Alais loves him.
2. Of what does Henry remind Eleanor?
(a) How poor the peasants already are.
(b) How much water there had been this summer.
(c) How many rebellions she has led against him.
(d) How much it costs to have repairs done.
3. What will Henry's plans do for Alais, as well as make John king and Richard powerless?
(a) Keep her with him.
(b) End her relationship with Henry.
(c) Give her more property.
(d) Make her his queen.
4. What is Eleanor doing in her chamber?
(b) Wrapping Christmas presents.
(c) Lounging by the fire.
(d) Plotting against Henry.
5. Henry brings up Rosamund, which in turn, leads Eleanor to do what?
(a) Make a joke about how ugly she was.
(b) Make a joke about how poor she was.
(c) Make a joke about how long she has been dead.
(d) Make a joke about how poor of a mistress she was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has John come to announce?
2. As Henry and Eleanor finish putting up the holly, they banter about whether Henry truly misses whom?
3. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
4. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
5. What else do they banter about?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)