|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry announce?
(a) Geoffrey is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(b) Philip is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(c) John is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(d) Richard is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
2. How does Eleanor say she would have been happier?
(a) If she had a daughter.
(b) If she had more sons.
(c) If she had been sterile.
(d) If her sons were smarter.
3. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
(a) Only to Richard.
(b) Only to Eleanor.
(c) Only to him.
(d) Only to John.
4. Of what does Richard accuse Eleanor?
(a) Being a liar.
(b) Being a traitor to his father.
(c) Being unkind to him and his brothers.
(d) Being more believable in the conversation she had with Geoffrey.
5. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(b) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(c) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(d) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say history will call him?
2. What will Henry's plans do for Alais, as well as make John king and Richard powerless?
3. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
4. What does Richard say when Eleanor says she loves him?
5. The characters manipulate each other like what?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)