|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
(a) She is asking about his whereabouts to be polite.
(b) She only now cares about him.
(c) She has never cared about Henry.
(d) She cares more than he could possibly know.
2. How does Eleanor say she would have been happier?
(a) If she had a daughter.
(b) If she had more sons.
(c) If she had been sterile.
(d) If her sons were smarter.
3. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
(a) At first.
4. What does Henry tell her when he sees her put this on?
(a) They are too small.
(b) It is not warm enough.
(c) She is making a futile gesture.
(d) She looks beautiful.
5. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) Richard will be king.
(b) Geoffrey will be king.
(c) Alais will be queen.
(d) John will be king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
2. What does Philip demand?
3. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
4. As Eleanor drinks her wine, what does she recall?
5. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)