|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as the brothers bicker?
(a) Henry enters.
(b) John exits.
(c) Philip enters.
(d) Eleanor enters.
2. What does Henry announce?
(a) Philip is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(b) John is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(c) Geoffrey is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(d) Richard is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
3. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
(a) A riding tournament.
(b) A game of chess.
(c) Her life back.
(d) The last rebellion she led against Henry.
4. What is Eleanor doing in her chamber?
(a) Plotting against Henry.
(b) Lounging by the fire.
(c) Wrapping Christmas presents.
5. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(a) Alais' hand in marriage.
(b) His counter offer.
(d) His money.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
2. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
3. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
4. What else do they banter about?
5. To where does Henry invite Alais?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)