|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
(a) How lonely it has been without her.
(b) How pleasant it is to live in a peaceful kingdom.
(c) How much it has changed since she has been gone.
(d) How much it needs her touch.
2. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(b) Alais loves him.
(c) Alais is nothing to him.
(d) She does not care what Henry does.
3. What is Eleanor doing in her chamber?
(a) Lounging by the fire.
(b) Wrapping Christmas presents.
(d) Plotting against Henry.
4. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
(b) She can believe him most of the time.
(c) It is never safe to believe him.
(d) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
5. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
(a) Only to John.
(b) Only to Richard.
(c) Only to him.
(d) Only to Eleanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Richard accuse Eleanor?
2. What else do they banter about?
3. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
4. To whom was Eleanor once married?
5. How many of Henry's children love him, according to Alais?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)