|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(a) His counter offer.
(c) His money.
(d) Alais' hand in marriage.
2. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
(a) She will purches the Vexin.
(b) She will see to it that Henry loses the Vexin.
(c) She will move to the summer home on the Vexin.
(d) She will burn the Vexin.
3. What happens as the brothers bicker?
(a) Henry enters.
(b) Philip enters.
(c) John exits.
(d) Eleanor enters.
4. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(b) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(c) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(d) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
5. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
(a) He is tired of arguing with her.
(b) He is through with her.
(c) She is not of enough importance to him.
(d) He has enough enemies as it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
2. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
3. What does Henry want before he dies?
4. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
5. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)