|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
2. Where is this scene set?
(a) In the great room.
(b) In Henry's bedchamber.
(c) In the castle's reception room.
(d) In the dining room.
3. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
(a) Leave her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Exile her.
(d) Marry her.
4. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
(a) He has enough enemies as it is.
(b) He is tired of arguing with her.
(c) He is through with her.
(d) She is not of enough importance to him.
5. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
(a) Richard become king.
(b) Philip become king.
(c) John become king.
(d) Geoffrey become king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big is the Vexin?
2. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
3. What does Alais try on?
4. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
5. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)