|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alais try on?
(a) A small crown.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A gown.
(d) A new cloak.
2. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
(a) He will leave her in peace.
(b) He will strike back if she strikes at him.
(c) He will love her forever.
(d) He will give her the Vexin.
3. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
(a) The crown.
(b) His brothers hanged.
(d) Both the crown and Alais.
4. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
(a) Her life back.
(b) A game of chess.
(c) A riding tournament.
(d) The last rebellion she led against Henry.
5. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
(a) With a shove.
(b) With silence.
(c) With visible jealousy.
(d) With genuine fondness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this scene set?
2. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
3. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
4. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
5. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)