|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) She does not care what Henry does.
(b) Alais is nothing to him.
(c) Alais loves him.
(d) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
2. How big is the Vexin?
(b) The size of most of Europe.
(c) The size of all of France.
3. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
(b) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
(c) It is never safe to believe him.
(d) She can believe him most of the time.
4. What has John come to announce?
(a) Henry is coming with the terms for the treaty with France.
(b) Henry has left for the day.
(c) Henry is marrying Alais.
(d) Henry is coming to put her back in prison.
5. Of what does Richard accuse Eleanor?
(a) Being a traitor to his father.
(b) Being a liar.
(c) Being unkind to him and his brothers.
(d) Being more believable in the conversation she had with Geoffrey.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Henry and Eleanor finish putting up the holly, they banter about whether Henry truly misses whom?
2. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
3. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
4. About what is Eleanor determined?
5. Where is this scene set?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)