|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry want before he dies?
(a) To see Eleanor die.
(b) To know who is going to inherit his kingdom.
(c) To split his kingdom into thirds for his three sons.
(d) To marry Alais.
2. What has John come to announce?
(a) Henry has left for the day.
(b) Henry is coming to put her back in prison.
(c) Henry is coming with the terms for the treaty with France.
(d) Henry is marrying Alais.
3. What does Henry say history will call him?
(a) A king's king.
(b) A queen's king.
(c) A great king.
(d) A master bastard.
4. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
(a) With a shove.
(b) With visible jealousy.
(c) With genuine fondness.
(d) With silence.
5. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
(a) He will still beat them all and have his way.
(b) There is only one he wishes to defeat.
(c) He will hopefully destroy some of them.
(d) They will one day beat him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
2. What does Eleanor ask Henry, regarding the Vexin?
3. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
4. What does Henry suggest that the family start doing?
5. As they exit, on what does Henry comment?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)