|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philip demand?
(a) Either Alais stay Henry's mistress or he receives money for the Vexin.
(b) Either Alais be married or he recieves money for the Vexin.
(c) Either Alais be married or the Vexin be returned to France's control.
(d) Either Alais stays Henry's mistress or the Vexin be returned to France's control.
2. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They are silent.
(b) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
(c) They sing Christmas carols.
(d) They dance.
3. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
(a) Her husband's mistresses.
(b) Her children.
4. What does Geoffrey say is lacking in his life?
(b) Attention or affection.
5. What does Henry say history will call him?
(a) A great king.
(b) A king's king.
(c) A master bastard.
(d) A queen's king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
2. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks him a question regarding the Vexin?
3. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
4. The characters manipulate each other like what?
5. To where does Henry invite Alais?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)