|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
(a) She would become his mistress.
(b) She would be married to him.
(c) She would have to leave the kingdom.
(d) She would be his sister.
2. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
(a) She is surprised at his response.
(b) She says that will make the fight to come more pleasant.
(c) She is disappointed.
(d) She is angry and vows to get revenge.
3. What does Eleanor ask Henry, regarding the Vexin?
(a) How truly important it is to him.
(b) Where it is located.
(c) How much he is willing to pay for it.
(d) How large it is.
4. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
(a) How lonely it has been without her.
(b) How much it needs her touch.
(c) How pleasant it is to live in a peaceful kingdom.
(d) How much it has changed since she has been gone.
5. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They are silent.
(b) They dance.
(c) They sing Christmas carols.
(d) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
2. What will Henry's plans do for Alais, as well as make John king and Richard powerless?
3. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
4. Henry says in the years Eleanor's been in prison he's surprised himself by discovering what?
5. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)