|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) Alais will be queen.
(b) Richard will be king.
(c) John will be king.
(d) Geoffrey will be king.
2. What else do they banter about?
(a) How poor the crops are this season.
(b) How the peasants are in a uproar over new taxes.
(c) How much work needs to be done to the castle.
(d) How difficult life is in Eleanor's prison/castle.
3. What does Henry tell her when he sees her put this on?
(a) They are too small.
(b) It is not warm enough.
(c) She is making a futile gesture.
(d) She looks beautiful.
4. Henry brings up Rosamund, which in turn, leads Eleanor to do what?
(a) Make a joke about how ugly she was.
(b) Make a joke about how long she has been dead.
(c) Make a joke about how poor she was.
(d) Make a joke about how poor of a mistress she was.
5. Of what does Henry remind Eleanor?
(a) How much water there had been this summer.
(b) How many rebellions she has led against him.
(c) How much it costs to have repairs done.
(d) How poor the peasants already are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry suggest that the family start doing?
2. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
3. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
4. What happens as the brothers bicker?
5. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)