|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
(b) Her love.
(c) Her trust.
(d) Her hand in marriage again.
2. What does Henry tell her when he sees her put this on?
(a) She is making a futile gesture.
(b) They are too small.
(c) She looks beautiful.
(d) It is not warm enough.
3. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
(a) Cheating on Henry.
(b) Never caring.
(c) Trying to destroy her.
(d) Hurting her.
4. The characters manipulate each other like what?
(a) Each other's pets.
(b) Puppets on a string.
(c) Inhuman robots.
(d) Pieces on a chessboard.
5. Henry says in the years Eleanor's been in prison he's surprised himself by discovering what?
(a) How sick he is of war.
(b) How sorry he is for locking her up.
(c) How much he misses her.
(d) How old she has become.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
2. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
3. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
4. About what is Eleanor determined?
5. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)