|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry suggest that the family start doing?
(a) Singing carols.
(b) Eating dinner.
(d) Hanging holly.
2. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
(a) She is not of enough importance to him.
(b) He has enough enemies as it is.
(c) He is through with her.
(d) He is tired of arguing with her.
3. The characters manipulate each other like what?
(a) Puppets on a string.
(b) Pieces on a chessboard.
(c) Inhuman robots.
(d) Each other's pets.
4. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
(b) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(c) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(d) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
5. Where does the first scene take place?
(a) Eleanor's bedchamber.
(b) The Great Hall.
(c) Henry's bedchamber.
(d) Alais' bedchamber.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
2. Where is this scene set?
3. What happens as the brothers bicker?
4. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
5. To where does Henry invite Alais?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)