|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
(a) Never caring.
(b) Cheating on Henry.
(c) Hurting her.
(d) Trying to destroy her.
2. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
(a) He is through with her.
(b) She is not of enough importance to him.
(c) He has enough enemies as it is.
(d) He is tired of arguing with her.
3. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
(a) She would be married to him.
(b) She would have to leave the kingdom.
(c) She would be his sister.
(d) She would become his mistress.
4. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(b) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(c) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(d) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
5. To whom was Eleanor once married?
(a) Philip's brother.
(b) Philip's uncle.
(d) Philip's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philip demand?
2. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
3. What does Henry want before he dies?
4. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
5. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)