|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
(a) Only to him.
(b) Only to John.
(c) Only to Richard.
(d) Only to Eleanor.
2. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) Alais loves him.
(b) She does not care what Henry does.
(c) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(d) Alais is nothing to him.
3. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
(a) His brothers hanged.
(b) Both the crown and Alais.
(c) The crown.
4. What does Henry tell her when he sees her put this on?
(a) She is making a futile gesture.
(b) She looks beautiful.
(c) It is not warm enough.
(d) They are too small.
5. What does Alais try on?
(a) A small crown.
(b) A new cloak.
(c) A gown.
(d) A pair of shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
2. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
3. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
4. To where does Henry invite Alais?
5. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)