|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Exile her.
(c) Leave her.
(d) Kill her.
2. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(a) His money.
(b) His counter offer.
(d) Alais' hand in marriage.
3. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
(a) She would be his sister.
(b) She would be married to him.
(c) She would become his mistress.
(d) She would have to leave the kingdom.
4. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
(b) They are silent.
(c) They sing Christmas carols.
(d) They dance.
5. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
(a) He will hopefully destroy some of them.
(b) They will one day beat him.
(c) There is only one he wishes to defeat.
(d) He will still beat them all and have his way.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
2. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
3. To whom was Eleanor once married?
4. What will Henry's plans do for Alais, as well as make John king and Richard powerless?
5. What happens as the brothers bicker?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)