|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry tell her when he sees her put this on?
(a) She looks beautiful.
(b) It is not warm enough.
(c) She is making a futile gesture.
(d) They are too small.
2. Where is this scene set?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In the castle's reception room.
(c) In the great room.
(d) In Henry's bedchamber.
3. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(b) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(c) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(d) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
4. To where does Henry invite Alais?
(a) To meet his wife.
(b) To go to dinner with him.
(c) To go down to meet the family with him.
(d) To go for a walk.
5. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They are silent.
(b) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
(c) They sing Christmas carols.
(d) They dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
2. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
3. What does Philip demand?
4. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
5. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)