|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
(a) He still does.
(b) He cannot recall.
(c) He never adored her.
(d) He did once.
2. What does Henry say history will call him?
(a) A queen's king.
(b) A king's king.
(c) A master bastard.
(d) A great king.
3. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
(a) She is asking about his whereabouts to be polite.
(b) She cares more than he could possibly know.
(c) She has never cared about Henry.
(d) She only now cares about him.
4. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
5. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
(a) She would become his mistress.
(b) She would have to leave the kingdom.
(c) She would be his sister.
(d) She would be married to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the first scene take place?
2. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
3. What will Henry's plans do for Alais, as well as make John king and Richard powerless?
4. What does Henry tell her when he sees her put this on?
5. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)