|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Henry's children love him, according to Alais?
(b) All of them.
2. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
(a) He still does.
(b) He did once.
(c) He cannot recall.
(d) He never adored her.
3. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(b) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(c) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(d) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
4. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
(a) Hurting her.
(b) Never caring.
(c) Cheating on Henry.
(d) Trying to destroy her.
5. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
2. Where is this scene set?
3. What happens as the brothers bicker?
4. To where does Henry invite Alais?
5. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)