|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
(a) She would have to leave the kingdom.
(b) She would be his sister.
(c) She would be married to him.
(d) She would become his mistress.
2. Henry brings up Rosamund, which in turn, leads Eleanor to do what?
(a) Make a joke about how ugly she was.
(b) Make a joke about how poor she was.
(c) Make a joke about how long she has been dead.
(d) Make a joke about how poor of a mistress she was.
3. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
(a) With silence.
(b) With a shove.
(c) With visible jealousy.
(d) With genuine fondness.
4. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
(a) He did once.
(b) He never adored her.
(c) He still does.
(d) He cannot recall.
5. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
(a) He will still beat them all and have his way.
(b) They will one day beat him.
(c) He will hopefully destroy some of them.
(d) There is only one he wishes to defeat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say is lacking in his life?
2. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
3. The characters manipulate each other like what?
4. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
5. What does Henry suggest that the family start doing?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)