|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
(a) Only to Richard.
(b) Only to Eleanor.
(c) Only to him.
(d) Only to John.
2. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(b) She does not care what Henry does.
(c) Alais is nothing to him.
(d) Alais loves him.
3. Where is this scene set?
(a) In Henry's bedchamber.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the castle's reception room.
(d) In the great room.
4. What does Geoffrey say is lacking in his life?
(b) Attention or affection.
5. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(b) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
(c) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(d) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alais try on?
2. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
3. To whom was Eleanor once married?
4. What does Henry say history will call him?
5. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)