|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
(a) She is not of enough importance to him.
(b) He has enough enemies as it is.
(c) He is through with her.
(d) He is tired of arguing with her.
2. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
3. What will Henry's plans do for Alais, as well as make John king and Richard powerless?
(a) Give her more property.
(b) Make her his queen.
(c) End her relationship with Henry.
(d) Keep her with him.
4. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
(a) She has never cared about Henry.
(b) She only now cares about him.
(c) She cares more than he could possibly know.
(d) She is asking about his whereabouts to be polite.
5. To where does Henry invite Alais?
(a) To go to dinner with him.
(b) To meet his wife.
(c) To go down to meet the family with him.
(d) To go for a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
2. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
3. Where is this scene set?
4. Where does the first scene take place?
5. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)