|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
(a) Her husband's mistresses.
(c) Her children.
2. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
(a) Hurting her.
(b) Trying to destroy her.
(c) Never caring.
(d) Cheating on Henry.
3. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
(b) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
(c) It is never safe to believe him.
(d) She can believe him most of the time.
4. To whom was Eleanor once married?
(a) Philip's father.
(c) Philip's uncle.
(d) Philip's brother.
5. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(b) Alais loves him.
(c) Alais is nothing to him.
(d) She does not care what Henry does.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
2. What does Alais try on?
3. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
4. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
5. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)