|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) It is never safe to believe him.
(b) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
(c) She can believe him most of the time.
(d) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
2. What does Henry tell her when he sees her put this on?
(a) She looks beautiful.
(b) She is making a futile gesture.
(c) It is not warm enough.
(d) They are too small.
3. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(b) Alais loves him.
(c) Alais is nothing to him.
(d) She does not care what Henry does.
4. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(b) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(c) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
(d) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
5. What will Henry's plans do for Alais, as well as make John king and Richard powerless?
(a) Give her more property.
(b) End her relationship with Henry.
(c) Keep her with him.
(d) Make her his queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
2. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
3. Where does the first scene take place?
4. What does Philip demand?
5. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)