|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry want before he dies?
(a) To marry Alais.
(b) To see Eleanor die.
(c) To know who is going to inherit his kingdom.
(d) To split his kingdom into thirds for his three sons.
2. How many of Henry's children love him, according to Alais?
(b) All of them.
3. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) She does not care what Henry does.
(b) Alais is nothing to him.
(c) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(d) Alais loves him.
4. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
(a) Both the crown and Alais.
(b) His brothers hanged.
(d) The crown.
5. To whom was Eleanor once married?
(a) Philip's uncle.
(b) Philip's father.
(c) Philip's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
2. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
3. Where is this scene set?
4. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
5. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)