|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They sing Christmas carols.
(b) They dance.
(c) They are silent.
(d) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
2. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
(a) She told him she loved him.
(b) Because she has nothing to lose, she is more dangerous than any of them.
(c) She did nothing to convince him.
(d) She blackmailed him, as usual.
3. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
(a) He loves her.
(b) To keep his enemy close.
(c) To keep her spirits up.
(d) To prepare her for marrying one of the princes.
4. What causes Richard to pull a dagger on John?
(a) John waves a dagger in Richard's face.
(b) John is scared of knives.
(c) John mocks him.
(d) John threatens him.
5. Why does Richard immediately plan to escape?
(a) So he can run away.
(b) So he can kill Alais.
(c) So he can declare his war.
(d) So he can search for his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Philip say he proclaimed his love for Richard?
2. As Eleanor drinks her wine, what does she recall?
3. Of what does Henry remind Eleanor?
4. Of what does Eleanor remind Richard?
5. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)