Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alais try on?
(a) A gown.
(b) A small crown.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A new cloak.
2. What does Henry want before he dies?
(a) To split his kingdom into thirds for his three sons.
(b) To marry Alais.
(c) To see Eleanor die.
(d) To know who is going to inherit his kingdom.
3. What does Henry say about his enemies who may be smarter or more ruthless or more dishonest than he?
(a) There is only one he wishes to defeat.
(b) He will still beat them all and have his way.
(c) He will hopefully destroy some of them.
(d) They will one day beat him.
4. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They are silent.
(b) They dance.
(c) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
(d) They sing Christmas carols.
5. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(b) Alais' hand in marriage.
(c) His money.
(d) His counter offer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry suggest that the family start doing?
2. How many of Henry's children love him, according to Alais?
3. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
4. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
5. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)