|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
(a) He never adored her.
(b) He still does.
(c) He did once.
(d) He cannot recall.
2. What does Eleanor begin to sing?
(a) Another song.
(b) A song she had learned as a child.
(c) The carol Alais was singing at the beginning of the scene.
(d) Her favorite song.
3. What does Alais ask Henry as he goes to leave?
(a) When they leave for Rome.
(b) Whether he is going to let his sons out or lock them in.
(c) Where he is going.
(d) If he will come back for her.
4. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
(a) His brothers hanged.
(c) The crown.
(d) Both the crown and Alais.
5. Eleanor agrees, but adds a condition. What is that condition?
(a) Henry must only love her.
(b) Richard must be king.
(c) Henry must find a new lover.
(d) Richard and Alais marry right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Henry come?
2. How does Eleanor say she would have been happier?
3. Does Henry believe Richard?
4. What does Henry wonder about everybody?
5. What else do they banter about?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)