|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) She can believe him most of the time.
(b) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
(c) It is never safe to believe him.
(d) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
2. What causes Richard to pull a dagger on John?
(a) John is scared of knives.
(b) John waves a dagger in Richard's face.
(c) John threatens him.
(d) John mocks him.
3. Eleanor agrees, but adds a condition. What is that condition?
(a) Henry must only love her.
(b) Richard must be king.
(c) Henry must find a new lover.
(d) Richard and Alais marry right away.
4. What does Eleanor ask Henry, regarding the Vexin?
(a) Where it is located.
(b) How much he is willing to pay for it.
(c) How large it is.
(d) How truly important it is to him.
5. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) Alais loves him.
(b) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(c) She does not care what Henry does.
(d) Alais is nothing to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor do when Richard pulls out a dagger and makes as if to kill John?
2. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
3. How does Henry describe himself?
4. What does Geoffrey remember about his third birthday?
5. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)