|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard do when he bursts out from behind the canopy?
(a) He insists it is all a lie.
(b) He tells Philip he hates him.
(c) He tells his father he is sorry.
(d) He insists Philip's love was genuine.
2. Where is this scene set?
(a) In the great room.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In Henry's bedchamber.
(d) In the castle's reception room.
3. What has John come to announce?
(a) Henry is marrying Alais.
(b) Henry is coming to put her back in prison.
(c) Henry is coming with the terms for the treaty with France.
(d) Henry has left for the day.
4. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
(a) She would become his mistress.
(b) She would be his sister.
(c) She would have to leave the kingdom.
(d) She would be married to him.
5. What reminds John that he agreed to join with Philip in a war against Henry?
(a) John receives a note from Philip asking how many soldiers he needs.
(b) Philip shows up and reminds him.
(c) Geoffrey pointedly comments that there is still Philip to consider.
(d) John hears Philip's army outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
2. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
3. What does Eleanor say to Alais?
4. What gift does Eleanor comment that Geoffrey has?
5. Richard enters, complaining about what?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)