|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
(a) Since John is the favorite, he wants nothing to do with him.
(b) He no longer trusts John, now that he is to have the crown.
(c) He wants to spend more time with his mother.
(d) Since John is no longer the favorite, he has no interest in serving him.
2. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
(a) She can get him the throne and Alais, but that she has to have the Aquitaine back to do it.
(b) She wants nothing to do with him.
(c) She wants no one to inherit the throne.
(d) She wants the throne all to herself.
3. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His arm.
(c) His hand.
(d) His horse.
4. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
(a) Richard become king.
(b) John become king.
(c) Philip become king.
(d) Geoffrey become king.
5. What does Alais comment about Eleanor?
(a) She seems kind and loving.
(b) She seems shy and uncertain.
(c) She seems cold and unreachable.
(d) She seems stern and strict.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alais asks whether she ever really loved Henry, particularly before Rosamund came into his life, how does Eleanor respond?
2. What causes Richard to pull a dagger on John?
3. Why does Henry say this person should inherit the crown?
4. Why is Eleanor glad to hear that Henry cares for Alais?
5. What does Henry confess to Alais?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)