|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Geoffrey says he and John can work together freely, adding that they have got to make an alliance with whom?
2. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
(a) She does not want Alais anywhere near him.
(b) She wants to see him kiss her.
(c) She wants to kiss him.
(d) She wants him to love her.
3. To whom does Henry say Alais matters?
(a) Only to John.
(b) Only to Richard.
(c) Only to Eleanor.
(d) Only to him.
4. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
(b) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(c) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(d) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
5. Geoffrey enters, saying that Richard is in a _________.
(a) Worried state.
(c) Room down the hall.
(d) Good mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard do when he bursts out from behind the canopy?
2. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
3. Geoffrey enters and tries to convince John to do what?
4. What does Geoffrey tell John?
5. For what has Eleanor come?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)