|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
(a) Why everybody hates him.
(b) Why everybody hates Richard.
(c) Why everybody loves Geoffrey.
(d) Why no one knows Philip.
2. Where are Richard and his brothers locked up?
(a) The dungeon.
(b) The wine cellar.
(c) The tower.
(d) The stables.
3. Richard says he is going to do everything in his power to have what?
(b) Both the crown and Alais.
(c) His brothers hanged.
(d) The crown.
4. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
(a) She wants to ask for forgiveness.
(b) She hopes for them to be as close as they once were.
(c) She is hoping he will do a favor for her.
(d) She is ending their relationship.
5. What is Eleanor doing in her chamber?
(a) Plotting against Henry.
(c) Lounging by the fire.
(d) Wrapping Christmas presents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alais ask Henry as he goes to leave?
2. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
3. How does Henry respond when Alais suggests that he adored Eleanor?
4. Henry says in the years Eleanor's been in prison he's surprised himself by discovering what?
5. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)