|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
(a) She can get him the throne and Alais, but that she has to have the Aquitaine back to do it.
(b) She wants no one to inherit the throne.
(c) She wants nothing to do with him.
(d) She wants the throne all to herself.
2. How does Henry describe himself?
(a) As a master of the arts.
(b) As the king of queens.
(c) As a master bastard.
(d) As the king of kings.
3. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Exile her.
(c) Leave her.
(d) Marry her.
4. Eleanor agrees, but adds a condition. What is that condition?
(a) Henry must only love her.
(b) Richard and Alais marry right away.
(c) Henry must find a new lover.
(d) Richard must be king.
5. How does Alais respond when he tells the family about the deal he had made with Eleanor?
(a) She is shocked that he would do this to her.
(b) He has lost his mind.
(c) He must be believed.
(d) He is only plotting and is not to be believed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
2. What does Henry say about his two demands, for Alais' marriage or the return of the Vexin?
3. What does Henry confess to Alais?
4. After negotiating use of land and horses, why does Richard say he never wrote?
5. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)