|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry announce?
(a) Richard is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(b) Philip is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(c) John is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(d) Geoffrey is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
2. What does Henry say about his two demands, for Alais' marriage or the return of the Vexin?
(a) They may both happen now.
(b) Alais' marriage will happen now.
(c) Neither will happen now.
(d) The Vexin will happen now.
3. Richard enters, complaining about what?
(a) How he does not like himself.
(b) How he would never want to be king.
(c) How they are all Henry's prisoners.
(d) How he is in love with Alais.
4. Henry and Eleanor toast each other and talk about what?
(a) Eleanor's plans for Henry.
(b) Their plans for each other.
(c) Henry's plans after the confrontation in Philip's bedroom.
(d) Henry's plans for Alais.
5. What causes Richard to pull a dagger on John?
(a) John mocks him.
(b) John threatens him.
(c) John is scared of knives.
(d) John waves a dagger in Richard's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
2. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
3. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
4. Why has Henry come?
5. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)