|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
(a) She does not care what Henry does.
(b) Alais is nothing to him.
(c) She raised Alais and cares for her a great deal.
(d) Alais loves him.
2. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
(a) She would have to leave the kingdom.
(b) She would be married to him.
(c) She would be his sister.
(d) She would become his mistress.
3. What does Henry announce?
(a) Richard is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(b) John is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(c) Geoffrey is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(d) Philip is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
4. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
(a) She only now cares about him.
(b) She cares more than he could possibly know.
(c) She has never cared about Henry.
(d) She is asking about his whereabouts to be polite.
5. About what do Eleanor and Henry banter?
(a) The dinner that is being served.
(b) His relationship with Alais.
(c) How he let her out of prison for the holidays.
(d) The decorations in the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
2. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
3. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
4. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
5. Where does the first scene take place?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)