|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
(a) Into the period of their marriage after the birth of their children.
(b) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering at Christmas.
(c) Into the period of their lives prior to their marriage.
(d) Into the fictionalized context of a family gathering in modern times.
2. How does Eleanor say she would have been happier?
(a) If she had more sons.
(b) If her sons were smarter.
(c) If she had been sterile.
(d) If she had a daughter.
3. Henry says in the years Eleanor's been in prison he's surprised himself by discovering what?
(a) How old she has become.
(b) How sorry he is for locking her up.
(c) How sick he is of war.
(d) How much he misses her.
4. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
(a) She wants nothing to do with him.
(b) She wants no one to inherit the throne.
(c) She can get him the throne and Alais, but that she has to have the Aquitaine back to do it.
(d) She wants the throne all to herself.
5. What has John come to announce?
(a) Henry has left for the day.
(b) Henry is coming to put her back in prison.
(c) Henry is marrying Alais.
(d) Henry is coming with the terms for the treaty with France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Eleanor comment that Geoffrey has?
2. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
3. Where does the first scene take place?
4. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
5. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)