|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
(d) At first.
2. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(a) His counter offer.
(b) Alais' hand in marriage.
(d) His money.
3. What does Henry want before he dies?
(a) To split his kingdom into thirds for his three sons.
(b) To know who is going to inherit his kingdom.
(c) To marry Alais.
(d) To see Eleanor die.
4. Henry says in the years Eleanor's been in prison he's surprised himself by discovering what?
(a) How old she has become.
(b) How sick he is of war.
(c) How sorry he is for locking her up.
(d) How much he misses her.
5. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
(a) A game of chess.
(b) Her life back.
(c) A riding tournament.
(d) The last rebellion she led against Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
2. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
3. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
4. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
5. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)