|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they exit, on what does Henry comment?
(a) How much she still loves him.
(b) How little has changed between them.
(c) How beautiful she still is.
(d) How he can still see love in Eleanor's smile.
2. What does Henry tell her when he sees her put this on?
(a) She is making a futile gesture.
(b) She looks beautiful.
(c) They are too small.
(d) It is not warm enough.
3. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) Alais will be queen.
(b) Geoffrey will be king.
(c) John will be king.
(d) Richard will be king.
4. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
(a) She is ending their relationship.
(b) She hopes for them to be as close as they once were.
(c) She is hoping he will do a favor for her.
(d) She wants to ask for forgiveness.
5. As Eleanor drinks her wine, what does she recall?
(a) How beautiful she once was.
(b) How happy she once was.
(c) How much in love she had once been.
(d) How wealthy she had once been.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has Henry kept Eleanor imprisoned?
2. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
3. What does Geoffrey say is lacking in his life?
4. What has John come to announce?
5. Where does this play place several historical characters, principally King Henry II of England and his queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)