|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry announce?
(a) John is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(b) Richard is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(c) Philip is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
(d) Geoffrey is to marry Alais and inherit the crown.
2. What does the conversation between Richard and Eleanor reveal?
(a) She is hoping he will do a favor for her.
(b) She is ending their relationship.
(c) She wants to ask for forgiveness.
(d) She hopes for them to be as close as they once were.
3. Why does Henry not want to argue with Alais?
(a) He is tired of arguing with her.
(b) He has enough enemies as it is.
(c) He is through with her.
(d) She is not of enough importance to him.
4. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(b) His money.
(c) His counter offer.
(d) Alais' hand in marriage.
5. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
(a) Never caring.
(b) Hurting her.
(c) Cheating on Henry.
(d) Trying to destroy her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
2. With what type of woman does Henry say he has always fallen in love?
3. What does Henry suggest that the family start doing?
4. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
5. Henry says in the years Eleanor's been in prison he's surprised himself by discovering what?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)