|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
2. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
(a) With visible jealousy.
(b) With a shove.
(c) With genuine fondness.
(d) With silence.
3. The characters manipulate each other like what?
(a) Inhuman robots.
(b) Puppets on a string.
(c) Pieces on a chessboard.
(d) Each other's pets.
4. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They are silent.
(b) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
(c) They dance.
(d) They sing Christmas carols.
5. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
(a) She cares more than he could possibly know.
(b) She only now cares about him.
(c) She has never cared about Henry.
(d) She is asking about his whereabouts to be polite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eleanor doing in her chamber?
2. How might Henry use the Vexin?
3. What happens as the brothers bicker?
4. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
5. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)