|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry want before he dies?
(a) To see Eleanor die.
(b) To split his kingdom into thirds for his three sons.
(c) To marry Alais.
(d) To know who is going to inherit his kingdom.
2. How does Henry respond when Alais asks when it is safe to believe him?
(a) It is never safe to believe him.
(b) She can believe him most of the time.
(c) It is only safe to believe him when he tells the truth.
(d) It is always safe to believe him, even when he lies.
3. How does Eleanor then greet Alais?
(a) With visible jealousy.
(b) With genuine fondness.
(c) With a shove.
(d) With silence.
4. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
(a) She will move to the summer home on the Vexin.
(b) She will see to it that Henry loses the Vexin.
(c) She will burn the Vexin.
(d) She will purches the Vexin.
5. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
(a) She has never cared about Henry.
(b) She cares more than he could possibly know.
(c) She only now cares about him.
(d) She is asking about his whereabouts to be polite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
2. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
3. As Eleanor drinks her wine, what does she recall?
4. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
5. Of what does Alais accuse Eleanor?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)