|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has John come to announce?
(a) Henry is coming with the terms for the treaty with France.
(b) Henry is coming to put her back in prison.
(c) Henry is marrying Alais.
(d) Henry has left for the day.
2. Where is this scene set?
(a) In the castle's reception room.
(b) In the great room.
(c) In Henry's bedchamber.
(d) In the dining room.
3. To where does Henry invite Alais?
(a) To go for a walk.
(b) To meet his wife.
(c) To go to dinner with him.
(d) To go down to meet the family with him.
4. What would happen to Alais if John were to become king?
(a) She would be his sister.
(b) She would be married to him.
(c) She would have to leave the kingdom.
(d) She would become his mistress.
5. Eleanor comments that she does not much like ___________, except for Alais.
(a) Her husband's mistresses.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
2. As Henry and Eleanor finish putting up the holly, they banter about whether Henry truly misses whom?
3. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
4. What does Geoffrey say is lacking in his life?
5. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)