|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(a) His counter offer.
(b) Alais' hand in marriage.
(c) His money.
2. What do the three brothers do, while John hangs holly?
(a) They sing Christmas carols.
(b) They are silent.
(c) They talk about how Eleanor arrived that morning, how she and Richard aren't as close as they once were, and how John is Henry's favorite but how Richard is determined to be king.
(d) They dance.
3. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
(a) Her hand in marriage again.
(b) Her love.
(d) Her trust.
4. Of what does Richard accuse Eleanor?
(a) Being a liar.
(b) Being unkind to him and his brothers.
(c) Being a traitor to his father.
(d) Being more believable in the conversation she had with Geoffrey.
5. What else do they banter about?
(a) How the peasants are in a uproar over new taxes.
(b) How difficult life is in Eleanor's prison/castle.
(c) How much work needs to be done to the castle.
(d) How poor the crops are this season.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eleanor respond when John asks whether she truly cares about Henry's whereabouts?
2. Of what does Henry remind Eleanor?
3. What does Henry say history will call him?
4. When Richard responds with a pointed remark about Henry's being with Alais, of what does Eleanor remind him?
5. What will Henry's plans do for Alais, as well as make John king and Richard powerless?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)