|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
(a) He loves her.
(b) To keep her spirits up.
(c) To keep his enemy close.
(d) To prepare her for marrying one of the princes.
2. Geoffrey enters, saying that Richard is in a _________.
(a) Room down the hall.
(c) Good mood.
(d) Worried state.
3. How does Eleanor reply when Richard asks again what she wants?
(a) She wants the throne all to herself.
(b) She can get him the throne and Alais, but that she has to have the Aquitaine back to do it.
(c) She wants no one to inherit the throne.
(d) She wants nothing to do with him.
4. What else do they banter about?
(a) How poor the crops are this season.
(b) How the peasants are in a uproar over new taxes.
(c) How much work needs to be done to the castle.
(d) How difficult life is in Eleanor's prison/castle.
5. With what does Eleanor enter?
(b) A card.
(c) Her Christmas presents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry ask Alais to stay?
2. What does Geoffrey say he wants to watch?
3. Henry refers to an ancient British king named ____________, whom he describes as having carved his kingdom up to give to his children, something he says he'll never do.
4. What causes Richard to pull a dagger on John?
5. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)