|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
(a) His horse.
(b) His arm.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His hand.
2. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
(a) He is about to tell her he loves her.
(b) He wants her to leave him alone.
(c) He is annoyed by her.
(d) He is angry with her.
3. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
(a) He will give her the Vexin.
(b) He will leave her in peace.
(c) He will love her forever.
(d) He will strike back if she strikes at him.
4. What is Eleanor now able to do?
(a) Fall back in love with Henry.
(b) Stick her knife in Henry's vulnerable spot, his belief that John loves him.
(c) Be free of her sons.
(d) Protect her property.
5. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
(a) He no longer trusts John, now that he is to have the crown.
(b) He wants to spend more time with his mother.
(c) Since John is no longer the favorite, he has no interest in serving him.
(d) Since John is the favorite, he wants nothing to do with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When would Philip add his soldiers to John's?
2. What does Geoffrey remember about his third birthday?
3. What does Philip demand?
4. John enters, saying he wants to do what?
5. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)