|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they exit, on what does Henry comment?
(a) How he can still see love in Eleanor's smile.
(b) How beautiful she still is.
(c) How little has changed between them.
(d) How much she still loves him.
2. What does Eleanor say she wants to see?
(a) Philip become king.
(b) John become king.
(c) Richard become king.
(d) Geoffrey become king.
3. What does Alais say she knows Henry will do, if he has to?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Exile her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Leave her.
4. Of what does Henry remind Eleanor?
(a) How poor the peasants already are.
(b) How many rebellions she has led against him.
(c) How much it costs to have repairs done.
(d) How much water there had been this summer.
5. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) Richard will be king.
(b) Alais will be queen.
(c) John will be king.
(d) Geoffrey will be king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John respond when Henry asks John whether he has seen Philip?
2. What is Eleanor's response when Alais asks her what she said to convince him?
3. Alone in her bedchamber, what does Eleanor do?
4. John enters, saying he wants to do what?
5. What does Henry do as he tells Richard what he imagines Eleanor is saying?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)