|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard say when Eleanor says she loves him?
(a) She loves only Henry.
(b) She no longer loves him.
(c) She is incapable of love.
(d) She has always loved him.
2. What does Geoffrey say when John continues to hesitate?
(a) He reminds him that it is either Richard on the throne or him.
(b) He reminds him that he owes him.
(c) He asks him why he is waiting.
(d) He asks him if he is feeling alright.
3. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
(a) She is disappointed.
(b) She is angry and vows to get revenge.
(c) She says that will make the fight to come more pleasant.
(d) She is surprised at his response.
4. Why does this make no difference to Eleanor?
(a) She wants him to love Alais.
(b) She is already a prisoner.
(c) She does not like him either.
(d) She does not want him to be king.
5. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
(a) He loves her.
(b) To keep his enemy close.
(c) To keep her spirits up.
(d) To prepare her for marrying one of the princes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he exits, what does Eleanor comment to herself?
2. Where is this scene set?
3. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
4. Of what does Eleanor remind Richard?
5. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)