|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say when John continues to hesitate?
(a) He reminds him that it is either Richard on the throne or him.
(b) He asks him why he is waiting.
(c) He reminds him that he owes him.
(d) He asks him if he is feeling alright.
2. What does Alais tell Henry about what John thinks?
(a) John thinks that he has done something to upset Henry.
(b) John thinks Henry does not like Richard.
(c) John thinks Henry is losing his mind.
(d) John thinks Henry meant what he said about Richard.
3. How does Eleanor say she would have been happier?
(a) If she had been sterile.
(b) If she had more sons.
(c) If her sons were smarter.
(d) If she had a daughter.
4. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
(a) He wants her to leave him alone.
(b) He is angry with her.
(c) He is about to tell her he loves her.
(d) He is annoyed by her.
5. What does Eleanor do when Richard pulls out a dagger and makes as if to kill John?
(a) She tells him to do it already.
(b) She screams at him to stop.
(c) She hands him another, sharper dagger.
(d) She stops him with a poetically written speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry think Eleanor sees the Aquitaine?
2. What does Henry say he has to get for John?
3. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
4. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
5. What else do they banter about?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)