|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Eleanor determined?
(a) Alais will be queen.
(b) Richard will be king.
(c) Geoffrey will be king.
(d) John will be king.
2. After he exits, what does Eleanor comment to herself?
(a) That Philip will lose.
(b) That she has not lost.
(c) That she has lost.
(d) That Henry will lose.
3. How does John respond when Henry asks John whether he has seen Philip?
(a) He does not answer.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He leaves the room.
(d) He yells at him.
4. What does Henry tell Eleanor is the reason for the way he talks to Alais?
(a) He loves her.
(b) To prepare her for marrying one of the princes.
(c) To keep his enemy close.
(d) To keep her spirits up.
5. What does Alais tell Henry about what John thinks?
(a) John thinks Henry does not like Richard.
(b) John thinks Henry is losing his mind.
(c) John thinks Henry meant what he said about Richard.
(d) John thinks that he has done something to upset Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Alais exits, what does John wonder aloud?
2. What does Geoffrey remember about his third birthday?
3. Richard enters, complaining about what?
4. As Henry and Eleanor finish putting up the holly, they banter about whether Henry truly misses whom?
5. What does Geoffrey say is lacking in his life?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)