Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Henry suggest Philip wait?
(a) Alais' hand in marriage.
(b) His counter offer.
(c) His money.
2. What does Henry think about his kingdom?
(a) How pleasant it is to live in a peaceful kingdom.
(b) How lonely it has been without her.
(c) How much it has changed since she has been gone.
(d) How much it needs her touch.
3. As he starts to go, John asks Geoffrey to go with him, but Geoffrey stays. Why does he stay?
(a) Since John is no longer the favorite, he has no interest in serving him.
(b) He wants to spend more time with his mother.
(c) He no longer trusts John, now that he is to have the crown.
(d) Since John is the favorite, he wants nothing to do with him.
4. What does Geoffrey tell John?
(a) Why no one seems to like him.
(b) What he said in Eleanor's chamber to convince the others to trust him.
(c) He has never liked him.
(d) He is leaving the kingdom.
5. What does Eleanor say to them?
(a) Do not hurt each other. I do not want blood on my carpet.
(b) Go ahead and kill each other. I am tired of dealing with the lot of you.
(c) People with their differences and hatreds are the origins of war but they could also be the origins of peace.
(d) Stop already!
Short Answer Questions
1. What look does Alais say she recognizes in Henry's eyes?
2. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
3. As Henry and Eleanor finish putting up the holly, they banter about whether Henry truly misses whom?
4. How does Henry respond when Eleanor asks whether he ever loved her?
5. What else do they banter about?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)