|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
(a) He will strike back if she strikes at him.
(b) He will love her forever.
(c) He will give her the Vexin.
(d) He will leave her in peace.
2. Henry says in the years Eleanor's been in prison he's surprised himself by discovering what?
(a) How sorry he is for locking her up.
(b) How much he misses her.
(c) How old she has become.
(d) How sick he is of war.
3. What does Eleanor say to Alais?
(a) She does not like Alais.
(b) Tthey can talk behind Henry's back, briefly recounting what happened in Philip's bedroom.
(c) They should not be seen together.
(d) She does not want to talk about Henry behind his back.
4. As they exit, on what does Henry comment?
(a) How little has changed between them.
(b) How he can still see love in Eleanor's smile.
(c) How much she still loves him.
(d) How beautiful she still is.
5. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
(a) His horse.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His arm.
(d) His hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Henry remind Eleanor?
2. Henry declares everyone will be what, until they agree John is to be the next king?
3. What does Alais comment about Eleanor?
4. Henry speaks lovingly to Alais, and then as Eleanor watches, what does he do?
5. Henry pours Eleanor wine, asking her what?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)