|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry speaks lovingly to Alais, and then as Eleanor watches, what does he do?
(a) He tells Alais he was only pretending to love her.
(b) He turns and kisses Eleanor.
(c) He tells Alais to leave.
(d) He kisses her passionately.
2. How does Henry feel about the way the situation played out?
3. To what does Richard challenge Henry?
(a) A duel.
(c) A game of chess.
(d) A jousting tournament.
4. What does Eleanor offer Henry because she is tired?
(a) To sign anything he wants.
(b) To leave him in peace.
(c) To leave the kingdom.
(d) To return to the prison.
5. What is Alais doing as this scene begins?
(a) Sitting by the fire, adding spices to a pot of hot wine and singing a Christmas carol.
(b) Reading a book by the fire.
(c) Knitting by the fire and singing Christmas carols.
(d) Sleeping by the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry offer Eleanor as they prepare to go in to meet their subjects?
2. How does his response to whether he ever loved Eleanor affect her?
3. What else do they banter about?
4. What does Eleanor say will happen if if Alais does not marry Richard?
5. Henry and Eleanor toast each other and talk about what?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)