|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry asks Eleanor what she is thinking, how does she respond?
(a) She wants to see him kiss her.
(b) She wants him to love her.
(c) She does not want Alais anywhere near him.
(d) She wants to kiss him.
2. When Alais asks whether she ever really loved Henry, particularly before Rosamund came into his life, how does Eleanor respond?
(a) No, she never loved him.
(b) That was a very long time ago and makes jokes about Rosamund's appearance.
(c) She ignores Alais' question.
(d) She cannot remember.
3. Henry says in the years Eleanor's been in prison he's surprised himself by discovering what?
(a) How sorry he is for locking her up.
(b) How sick he is of war.
(c) How old she has become.
(d) How much he misses her.
4. What does Alais tell Henry about what he had just done?
(a) He cannot play with other people's feelings the way he played with hers.
(b) He shocked her, because she never thought she had a chance of marrying into the family.
(c) He scared her, because she wants to marry John.
(d) He excited her, because she was hoping to marry Richard.
5. What does Henry say about his two demands, for Alais' marriage or the return of the Vexin?
(a) Alais' marriage will happen now.
(b) The Vexin will happen now.
(c) Neither will happen now.
(d) They may both happen now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry ask Eleanor to give him?
2. Henry pours Eleanor wine, asking her what?
3. Why does Henry say he made the deal?
4. As they exit, on what does Henry comment?
5. Eleanor agrees, but adds a condition. What is that condition?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)