|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Eleanor hate Rosamund?
(a) She was an evil woman.
(b) She took her place at Henry's side.
(c) She taunted Eleanor.
(d) She was more beautiful than Eleanor.
2. What does Eleanor say to Alais?
(a) She does not like Alais.
(b) They should not be seen together.
(c) Tthey can talk behind Henry's back, briefly recounting what happened in Philip's bedroom.
(d) She does not want to talk about Henry behind his back.
3. Why does Henry say he made the deal?
(a) Because he wants what Eleanor wants.
(b) Because he no longer loves Alais.
(c) Because of the treaty with Philip.
(d) Because he cares for Richard.
4. What promises does Henry make to Eleanor?
(a) He will leave her in peace.
(b) He will give her the Vexin.
(c) He will love her forever.
(d) He will strike back if she strikes at him.
5. What else do they banter about?
(a) How poor the crops are this season.
(b) How difficult life is in Eleanor's prison/castle.
(c) How the peasants are in a uproar over new taxes.
(d) How much work needs to be done to the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry speaks lovingly to Alais, and then as Eleanor watches, what does he do?
2. About what is Eleanor determined?
3. Of what does Eleanor say she almost won?
4. Of what does Henry remind Eleanor?
5. How does Alais respond when he tells the family about the deal he had made with Eleanor?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)