|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aslan meet at the Stone Table during the night?
2. What title does Aslan tell Peter he will have?
3. What gift does Father Christmas give to Peter?
4. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together?
5. What does the Witch give Edmund to eat while he is at her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Pevency siblings feel when they meet Aslan for the first time, and what do they do?
2. How does Edmund feel while he is riding in the sledge with the White Witch?
3. What does Father Christmas give to the beavers?
4. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together, and what does she plan to do after that?
5. What happens when Susan blows her horn for the first time?
6. What is done to Aslan at the Stone Table when he meets the Witch there at night?
7. How is Aslan able to come back to life?
8. How does Edmund's journey to the Witch's house go?
9. What does Edmund ask for while he is in the Witch's house, and what is he given?
10. Why does the White Witch decide to kill Edmund as she nears the Stone Table?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor was a theme of this story that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal was a theme introduced near the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)