|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Edmund thinking about when he leaves the beaver's house?
2. What gift does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
3. Where does Father Christmas tell Lucy and Susan they will NOT use their gifts from him?
4. What do the mice do to Aslan's dead body?
5. Why is Edmund so miserable while riding in the sledge with the Witch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Father Christmas give to the beavers?
2. What causes the Witch to stop her sledge for the first time after leaving her house, and what does she do?
3. Why does the White Witch decide to kill Edmund as she nears the Stone Table?
4. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together, and what does she plan to do after that?
5. How do Susan and Lucy feel and what do they do when they see Aslan's dead body on the Stone Table?
6. What does Aslan do when he gets to the Witch's house, and why?
7. What does the White Witch say to Aslan about Edmund, and how does he respond?
8. What does Edmund want to get from the queen when he reaches her house?
9. What does Aslan tell Peter when he first talks with Peter alone?
10. What do the beavers insist on doing before they leave their house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Tumnus was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
What gifts are given to the characters by Father Christmas, and what do those gifts say about the receivers? How do those gifts affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)