|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Beaver insist on doing before leaving his house?
2. Who steps forward first to greet Aslan?
3. What kind of a creature is Aslan?
4. How do the Pevency children feel when they first see Aslan?
5. How do Aslan and the other animals get out of the courtyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Pevency siblings feel when they meet Aslan for the first time, and what do they do?
2. How does the Witch plan to kill Edmund, and how is Edmund rescued?
3. How does Edmund's journey to the Witch's house go?
4. What do the beavers insist on doing before they leave their house?
5. What happens when Susan blows her horn for the first time?
6. How does Aslan find out about Edmund's betrayal, and how does he respond?
7. How do Aslan and the other animals get out of the courtyard at the Witch's house?
8. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together, and what does she plan to do after that?
9. What does Aslan tell Peter, Susan, and Lucy when they see that Edmund has been rescued?
10. What does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens at the Stone Table, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in the scene there, and what does this monumental event symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might C.S. Lewis have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)