|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Pevency children wake up to the morning after they meet Aslan?
2. Where do the Pevency children go to meet Aslan?
3. What does Aslan tell Lucy and Susan to do while he speaks with Peter?
4. What do Peter and Aslan hear while they are talking together?
5. What happens as the Pevency children get nearer to meeting Aslan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edmund ask for while he is in the Witch's house, and what is he given?
2. What does Aslan tell Peter after he has spoken with the White Witch?
3. What does Edmund want to get from the queen when he reaches her house?
4. How do Aslan and the other animals get out of the courtyard at the Witch's house?
5. What happens when Susan blows her horn for the first time?
6. What does Father Christmas give to Peter and Susan?
7. What does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
8. What does Aslan do when he gets to the Witch's house, and why?
9. What does the White Witch say to Aslan about Edmund, and how does he respond?
10. Why does the White Witch decide to kill Edmund as she nears the Stone Table?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Edmund endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who are involved in those scenes?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)