|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aslan say when the Witch leaves after speaking with him?
2. What gift does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
3. What do Peter and Aslan hear while they are talking together?
4. What does the Witch give Edmund to eat while he is at her house?
5. Who saves Edmund from the White Witch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the beavers insist on doing before they leave their house?
2. Why does the White Witch decide to kill Edmund as she nears the Stone Table?
3. How do Susan and Lucy feel and what do they do when they see Aslan's dead body on the Stone Table?
4. How does Aslan find out about Edmund's betrayal, and how does he respond?
5. What does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
6. How does Edmund's journey to the Witch's house go?
7. What does Edmund see in the courtyard of the Witch's house, and what does he do?
8. What does Father Christmas give to the beavers?
9. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together, and what does she plan to do after that?
10. What does Aslan do when he gets to the Witch's house, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Tumnus was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)