|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Beaver insist on doing before leaving his house?
2. Who saves Edmund from the White Witch?
3. Why is Edmund so miserable while riding in the sledge with the Witch?
4. What gift does Father Christmas give to Peter?
5. Where does Aslan take the girls after he comes back to life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Witch plan to kill Edmund, and how is Edmund rescued?
2. What does the White Witch say to Aslan about Edmund, and how does he respond?
3. What does Edmund see in the courtyard of the Witch's house, and what does he do?
4. How is Aslan able to come back to life?
5. How do Susan and Lucy feel and what do they do when they see Aslan's dead body on the Stone Table?
6. What happens when Susan blows her horn for the first time?
7. What does Father Christmas give to the beavers?
8. What do the beavers insist on doing before they leave their house?
9. What does Edmund ask for while he is in the Witch's house, and what is he given?
10. Why does the White Witch decide to kill Edmund as she nears the Stone Table?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aslan and the White Witch were both very dynamic leaders in this book with strong followings. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their followers, and their roles in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between the Pevency siblings change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
What gifts are given to the characters by Father Christmas, and what do those gifts say about the receivers? How do those gifts affect the outcome of the plot?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)