|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Beaver say always ruins a good ordinary meal?
2. What gift does Father Christmas give to Mr. Beaver?
3. What does Edmund do to the lion in the Witch's courtyard when it does not attack him?
4. What is the first question Aslan asks the Pevency children when they meet him?
5. Why does Edmund have a hard time getting to the Witch's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the White Witch ask Edmund when he reaches her house, and how does he respond?
2. What does Edmund ask for while he is in the Witch's house, and what is he given?
3. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together, and what does she plan to do after that?
4. What does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
5. What does the White Witch say to Aslan about Edmund, and how does he respond?
6. What does Edmund want to get from the queen when he reaches her house?
7. What does Father Christmas give to the beavers?
8. What does Aslan tell Peter after he has spoken with the White Witch?
9. What is done to Aslan at the Stone Table when he meets the Witch there at night?
10. How is Aslan able to come back to life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might C.S. Lewis have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
There were many different symbols presented in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)