|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund feel when he first sees the Witch's house?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons the Witch gives for wanting to kill Edmund?
3. What time of day does Aslan come back to life?
4. What does the Witch do when Edmund tries to interfere with her and the animals she is questioning?
5. Who steps forward first to greet Aslan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Susan and Lucy feel and what do they do when they see Aslan's dead body on the Stone Table?
2. Why does the White Witch decide to kill Edmund as she nears the Stone Table?
3. How is Aslan able to come back to life?
4. What is done to Aslan at the Stone Table when he meets the Witch there at night?
5. What does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
6. What does Edmund ask for while he is in the Witch's house, and what is he given?
7. What does Aslan tell Peter when he first talks with Peter alone?
8. What happens when Susan blows her horn for the first time?
9. What causes the Witch to stop her sledge for the first time after leaving her house, and what does she do?
10. What does Father Christmas give to the beavers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Aslan and the White Witch were both very dynamic leaders in this book with strong followings. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their followers, and their roles in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)