|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund do when he sees a lion in the Witch's courtyard?
2. What does the Witch see some animals eating when she stops her sledge after leaving her house?
3. Where is the Witch planning to meet Aslan?
4. What is the lion in the Witch's courtyard staring at?
5. What does Aslan say when he hears of Edmund's betrayal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aslan tell Peter after he has spoken with the White Witch?
2. What causes the Witch to stop her sledge for the first time after leaving her house, and what does she do?
3. How do the Pevency siblings feel when they meet Aslan for the first time, and what do they do?
4. How do Aslan and the other animals get out of the courtyard at the Witch's house?
5. What does Aslan do when he gets to the Witch's house, and why?
6. How do Susan and Lucy feel and what do they do when they see Aslan's dead body on the Stone Table?
7. How is Aslan able to come back to life?
8. What does the White Witch ask Edmund when he reaches her house, and how does he respond?
9. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together, and what does she plan to do after that?
10. What does Edmund see in the courtyard of the Witch's house, and what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What gifts are given to the characters by Father Christmas, and what do those gifts say about the receivers? How do those gifts affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Edmund endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
There were many different symbols presented in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)