|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Witch plan to kill Edmund?
2. What do the mice do to Aslan's dead body?
3. What answer do the animals give to the Witch when she asks them a question after stopping her sledge?
4. What does Mr. Beaver insist on doing before leaving his house?
5. Who comes to see Aslan after Edmund is welcomed back by his siblings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the beavers insist on doing before they leave their house?
2. How do the Pevency siblings feel when they meet Aslan for the first time, and what do they do?
3. What does Father Christmas give to Peter and Susan?
4. What does Aslan tell Peter, Susan, and Lucy when they see that Edmund has been rescued?
5. What does Edmund see in the courtyard of the Witch's house, and what does he do?
6. How does Edmund's journey to the Witch's house go?
7. What does Aslan tell Peter when he first talks with Peter alone?
8. What does Father Christmas give to the beavers?
9. How do Susan and Lucy feel and what do they do when they see Aslan's dead body on the Stone Table?
10. How does Aslan find out about Edmund's betrayal, and how does he respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Edmund endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)