|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Edmund thinking about when he leaves the beaver's house?
2. What gift does Father Christmas give to Susan?
3. How do Lucy and Susan escape being seen by the Witch and her creatures?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Edmund wants to get from the queen?
5. What kind of a creature is Aslan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aslan tell Peter after he has spoken with the White Witch?
2. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together, and what does she plan to do after that?
3. What does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
4. What do the beavers insist on doing before they leave their house?
5. How do the Pevency siblings feel when they meet Aslan for the first time, and what do they do?
6. How does Edmund feel while he is riding in the sledge with the White Witch?
7. What causes the Witch to stop her sledge for the first time after leaving her house, and what does she do?
8. How does Edmund's journey to the Witch's house go?
9. What does Edmund want to get from the queen when he reaches her house?
10. What does Father Christmas give to Peter and Susan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor was a theme of this story that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Aslan and the White Witch were both very dynamic leaders in this book with strong followings. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their followers, and their roles in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)