|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aslan say allowed him to come back to life?
2. Where is the battle against the Witch taking place?
3. What wakes up the Pevency children while they are sleeping in the hiding place?
4. What happens as the Pevency children get nearer to meeting Aslan?
5. What do the girls hear as they are looking at Cair Paravel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Witch plan to kill Edmund, and how is Edmund rescued?
2. What does Edmund see in the courtyard of the Witch's house, and what does he do?
3. What causes the Witch to stop her sledge for the first time after leaving her house, and what does she do?
4. What does Aslan tell Peter, Susan, and Lucy when they see that Edmund has been rescued?
5. What does Father Christmas give to Peter and Susan?
6. What does Aslan tell Peter when he first talks with Peter alone?
7. How do Susan and Lucy feel and what do they do when they see Aslan's dead body on the Stone Table?
8. What does Aslan do when he gets to the Witch's house, and why?
9. How does Edmund's journey to the Witch's house go?
10. What does Edmund ask for while he is in the Witch's house, and what is he given?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aslan and the White Witch were both very dynamic leaders in this book with strong followings. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their followers, and their roles in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
There were many different symbols presented in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)