|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter see chasing his sisters after he finishes talking alone with Aslan?
2. How does the Witch plan to travel after her sledge can no longer function?
3. What time of day does Aslan come back to life?
4. What does the Witch disguise the dwarf as while Edmund is being rescued?
5. What do the girls hear as they are looking at Cair Paravel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edmund want to get from the queen when he reaches her house?
2. What does Aslan do when he gets to the Witch's house, and why?
3. What does Aslan tell Peter when he first talks with Peter alone?
4. What does Aslan tell Peter after he has spoken with the White Witch?
5. How does Aslan find out about Edmund's betrayal, and how does he respond?
6. How does the Witch plan to kill Edmund, and how is Edmund rescued?
7. What does Edmund ask for while he is in the Witch's house, and what is he given?
8. How do Susan and Lucy feel and what do they do when they see Aslan's dead body on the Stone Table?
9. What does the White Witch ask Edmund when he reaches her house, and how does he respond?
10. What does Edmund see in the courtyard of the Witch's house, and what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens at the Stone Table, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in the scene there, and what does this monumental event symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book, and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Edmund endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)