|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Witch disguise the dwarf as while Edmund is being rescued?
2. What does Edmund feel when he first sees the Witch's house?
3. Where does Aslan take the girls after he comes back to life?
4. What does Aslan do when he gets to his destination after coming back to life?
5. Who does Aslan meet at the Stone Table during the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
2. Why does the White Witch decide to kill Edmund as she nears the Stone Table?
3. How does the Witch plan to kill Edmund, and how is Edmund rescued?
4. What causes the Witch to stop her sledge for the first time after leaving her house, and what does she do?
5. How do Susan and Lucy feel and what do they do when they see Aslan's dead body on the Stone Table?
6. What do the beavers insist on doing before they leave their house?
7. What does Edmund see in the courtyard of the Witch's house, and what does he do?
8. What does Aslan tell Peter when he first talks with Peter alone?
9. What happens when Susan blows her horn for the first time?
10. What does Father Christmas give to the beavers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aslan and the White Witch were both very dynamic leaders in this book with strong followings. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their followers, and their roles in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Mercy and justice were two themes that played a huge role in this book. Where are these themes present, and which characters are most affected by them?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)