|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls hear as they are looking at Cair Paravel?
2. What does the Witch do when Edmund tries to interfere with her and the animals she is questioning?
3. What is done to Aslan when he first approaches the Stone Table during the night?
4. What lights the way for Edmund to get to the Witch's house?
5. Who comes to see Aslan after Edmund is welcomed back by his siblings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the White Witch say to Aslan about Edmund, and how does he respond?
2. What does Edmund ask for while he is in the Witch's house, and what is he given?
3. What is done to Aslan at the Stone Table when he meets the Witch there at night?
4. How do Susan and Lucy feel and what do they do when they see Aslan's dead body on the Stone Table?
5. How does Edmund's journey to the Witch's house go?
6. What does Aslan tell Peter after he has spoken with the White Witch?
7. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together, and what does she plan to do after that?
8. What does the White Witch ask Edmund when he reaches her house, and how does he respond?
9. What do the beavers insist on doing before they leave their house?
10. What does Edmund see in the courtyard of the Witch's house, and what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Tumnus was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Each of the Pevency children had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how does their individuality affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Aslan and the White Witch were both very dynamic leaders in this book with strong followings. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their followers, and their roles in the plot?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)