|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Pevency children go to meet Aslan?
2. What does the Witch give Edmund to eat while he is at her house?
3. Which of the following is NOT a creature the Pevency children see in the clearing where they meet Aslan?
4. What does the Witch disguise herself as while Edmund is being rescued?
5. What does Aslan say when he hears of Edmund's betrayal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Aslan and the other animals get out of the courtyard at the Witch's house?
2. What does Aslan tell Peter, Susan, and Lucy when they see that Edmund has been rescued?
3. What does Aslan do when he gets to the Witch's house, and why?
4. What does Father Christmas give to the beavers?
5. How does Edmund feel while he is riding in the sledge with the White Witch?
6. What do the beavers insist on doing before they leave their house?
7. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together, and what does she plan to do after that?
8. Why does the White Witch decide to kill Edmund as she nears the Stone Table?
9. What happens when Susan blows her horn for the first time?
10. What does Edmund see in the courtyard of the Witch's house, and what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Mercy and justice were two themes that played a huge role in this book. Where are these themes present, and which characters are most affected by them?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)