|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes up the Pevency children while they are sleeping in the hiding place?
2. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together?
3. What gift does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
4. Who do the Pevency children think is making the noise that wakes them up while they are sleeping in the hiding place?
5. What does Peter see chasing his sisters after he finishes talking alone with Aslan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Susan and Lucy feel and what do they do when they see Aslan's dead body on the Stone Table?
2. What does the White Witch ask Edmund when he reaches her house, and how does he respond?
3. What is done to Aslan at the Stone Table when he meets the Witch there at night?
4. What does Aslan tell Peter after he has spoken with the White Witch?
5. What does Edmund want to get from the queen when he reaches her house?
6. What does Father Christmas give to the beavers?
7. What do the beavers insist on doing before they leave their house?
8. How is Aslan able to come back to life?
9. What does Aslan tell Peter, Susan, and Lucy when they see that Edmund has been rescued?
10. What does Father Christmas give to Peter and Susan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
There were many different symbols presented in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)