|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons the Witch gives for wanting to kill Edmund?
2. Who announces Edmund's arrival at the Witch's house?
3. Where does Father Christmas tell Lucy and Susan they will NOT use their gifts from him?
4. What gift does Father Christmas give to Peter?
5. What do the girls hear as they are looking at Cair Paravel?
Essay Topic 1
There were many different symbols presented in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What happens at the Stone Table, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in the scene there, and what does this monumental event symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Tumnus was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)