|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Witch disguise herself as while Edmund is being rescued?
2. What does Aslan say when the Witch leaves after speaking with him?
3. Why is Edmund so miserable while riding in the sledge with the Witch?
4. Where is the battle against the Witch taking place?
5. How do Lucy and Susan escape being seen by the Witch and her creatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aslan tell Peter when he first talks with Peter alone?
2. What does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
3. What does Father Christmas give to the beavers?
4. What do the beavers insist on doing before they leave their house?
5. What does Aslan do when he gets to the Witch's house, and why?
6. How does the Witch plan to kill Edmund, and how is Edmund rescued?
7. Why does the White Witch decide to kill Edmund as she nears the Stone Table?
8. What happens when Susan blows her horn for the first time?
9. What does Father Christmas give to Peter and Susan?
10. How does Aslan find out about Edmund's betrayal, and how does he respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Valor was a theme of this story that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
There were many different symbols presented in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Tumnus was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)