|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Edmund from the White Witch?
2. What answer do the animals give to the Witch when she asks them a question after stopping her sledge?
3. What does the Witch do when Edmund tries to interfere with her and the animals she is questioning?
4. What title does Aslan tell Peter he will have?
5. What does Edmund feel when he first sees the Witch's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the Witch to stop her sledge for the first time after leaving her house, and what does she do?
2. What does Edmund want to get from the queen when he reaches her house?
3. What do the beavers insist on doing before they leave their house?
4. How do Aslan and the other animals get out of the courtyard at the Witch's house?
5. What does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
6. How does Edmund's journey to the Witch's house go?
7. What does the White Witch say to Aslan about Edmund, and how does he respond?
8. Why does the White Witch decide to kill Edmund as she nears the Stone Table?
9. What does Aslan do when he gets to the Witch's house, and why?
10. What does Edmund see in the courtyard of the Witch's house, and what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Tumnus was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)