|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer do the animals give to the Witch when she asks them a question after stopping her sledge?
2. Who does Aslan meet at the Stone Table during the night?
3. What does Aslan do when he gets to his destination after coming back to life?
4. How does the Witch plan to kill Edmund?
5. Who do the Pevency children think is making the noise that wakes them up while they are sleeping in the hiding place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edmund feel while he is riding in the sledge with the White Witch?
2. How do Susan and Lucy feel and what do they do when they see Aslan's dead body on the Stone Table?
3. What is done to Aslan at the Stone Table when he meets the Witch there at night?
4. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together, and what does she plan to do after that?
5. How is Aslan able to come back to life?
6. What does Father Christmas give to the beavers?
7. What happens when Susan blows her horn for the first time?
8. How does Edmund's journey to the Witch's house go?
9. How do Aslan and the other animals get out of the courtyard at the Witch's house?
10. What causes the Witch to stop her sledge for the first time after leaving her house, and what does she do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aslan and the White Witch were both very dynamic leaders in this book with strong followings. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their followers, and their roles in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
What gifts are given to the characters by Father Christmas, and what do those gifts say about the receivers? How do those gifts affect the outcome of the plot?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)