|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes up the Pevency children while they are sleeping in the hiding place?
2. What gift does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
3. What does Edmund do to the lion in the Witch's courtyard when it does not attack him?
4. Where do the Pevency children go to meet Aslan?
5. What is Peter most afraid of after Aslan speaks with the Witch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Susan blows her horn for the first time?
2. How does Edmund feel while he is riding in the sledge with the White Witch?
3. What does Aslan do when he gets to the Witch's house, and why?
4. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together, and what does she plan to do after that?
5. How does Edmund's journey to the Witch's house go?
6. What does Edmund see in the courtyard of the Witch's house, and what does he do?
7. What does the White Witch say to Aslan about Edmund, and how does he respond?
8. How does the Witch plan to kill Edmund, and how is Edmund rescued?
9. What does the White Witch ask Edmund when he reaches her house, and how does he respond?
10. What does Aslan tell Peter after he has spoken with the White Witch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who are involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What gifts are given to the characters by Father Christmas, and what do those gifts say about the receivers? How do those gifts affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
There were many different symbols presented in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)