|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Witch do when the animals answer the questions she asked them?
2. What is Edmund thinking about when he leaves the beaver's house?
3. What do the girls hear as they are looking at Cair Paravel?
4. What does Aslan do when he gets to his destination after coming back to life?
5. What time of day does Aslan come back to life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edmund ask for while he is in the Witch's house, and what is he given?
2. How does Aslan find out about Edmund's betrayal, and how does he respond?
3. What do the beavers insist on doing before they leave their house?
4. How do the Pevency siblings feel when they meet Aslan for the first time, and what do they do?
5. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together, and what does she plan to do after that?
6. Why does the White Witch decide to kill Edmund as she nears the Stone Table?
7. How is Aslan able to come back to life?
8. What does Edmund see in the courtyard of the Witch's house, and what does he do?
9. What is done to Aslan at the Stone Table when he meets the Witch there at night?
10. How does Edmund's journey to the Witch's house go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might C.S. Lewis have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who are involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)