|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question Aslan asks the Pevency children when they meet him?
2. What does Mrs. Beaver insist on doing before leaving her house?
3. Where is Edmund taken after he is rescued from the White Witch?
4. What does Mr. Beaver insist on doing before leaving his house?
5. Which of the following is NOT a creature the Pevency children see in the clearing where they meet Aslan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Aslan able to come back to life?
2. What happens when Susan blows her horn for the first time?
3. What does Aslan tell Peter when he first talks with Peter alone?
4. How does Edmund's journey to the Witch's house go?
5. What does Edmund ask for while he is in the Witch's house, and what is he given?
6. How does Aslan find out about Edmund's betrayal, and how does he respond?
7. Why does the White Witch decide to kill Edmund as she nears the Stone Table?
8. What does Father Christmas give to the beavers?
9. What does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
10. What does Aslan do when he gets to the Witch's house, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aslan and the White Witch were both very dynamic leaders in this book with strong followings. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their followers, and their roles in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Mercy and justice were two themes that played a huge role in this book. Where are these themes present, and which characters are most affected by them?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)