|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of creature is Aslan?
2. Why is Susan told to trust Lucy regarding her story about Narnia?
3. What does the queen insist Edmund do if he ever wants to see her again?
4. What makes Edmund so ill on his first trip to Narnia?
5. What does Lucy tell the faun that she is when she first meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucy do when Edmund is asked about his first trip to Narnia?
2. What does the queen make for Edmund when she first meets him, and how does she do this?
3. What does the White Witch want to do with the Pevency children, and why?
4. What do Peter and Susan decide to do after hearing Lucy talk about Narnia?
5. Why does the beaver tell the Pevency children that they must leave his house just after they eat their dinner?
6. Why does Edmund first enter the wardrobe, and what happens?
7. What does the queen offer Edmund when she hears he is a human?
8. What does the queen do while Edmund is eating in her sledge?
9. What does Mr. Beaver's house look like?
10. What is the man in the woods inside the wardrobe doing when Lucy first sees him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Edmund endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)