|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Beaver say is the only way the Pevency children can save Edmund from the White Witch?
2. What kind of creature is Aslan?
3. Who leads the Pevency children away from Mr. Tumnus' cave?
4. What does the faun do after Lucy calms him down when he is crying?
5. What is the first question that Edmund is asked when he first enters Narnia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Pevency children respond when they first hear Aslan's name?
2. What do Peter and Susan decide to do after hearing Lucy talk about Narnia?
3. What does Lucy like most about being inside the wardrobe when she first enters it?
4. What is the man in the woods inside the wardrobe doing when Lucy first sees him?
5. How do the Pevency children stay warm while they are in Narnia together, and how do they look?
6. What does the White Witch want to do with the Pevency children, and why?
7. What will happen to Mr. Tumnus if he is discovered with a human girl?
8. What is the prophecy concerning the Pevency children?
9. What is Mr. Tumnus arrested for and how does Lucy discover this?
10. How does Lucy feel when she learns that Mr. Tumnus has been arrested, and what does she want to do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might C.S. Lewis have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who are involved in those scenes?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)