|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the children find what they are being led to?
2. How long does Susan think Lucy is gone?
3. What is the name of the oldest sibling?
4. Where are the Pevency children supposed to meet Aslan?
5. What is the name of the faun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edmund do when he is asked about his first trip to Narnia?
2. What does the Professor tell Susan and Peter when they talk to him about Lucy?
3. What does Mr. Beaver's house look like?
4. What does the queen do while Edmund is eating in her sledge?
5. What is Mr. Tumnus arrested for and how does Lucy discover this?
6. How does Mr. Beaver know who the Pevency children are when he first meets them, and where is he taking them?
7. Why are the Pevency children not able to play outside when they first come to live with their uncle?
8. How do the Pevency children stay warm while they are in Narnia together, and how do they look?
9. What will happen to Mr. Tumnus if he is discovered with a human girl?
10. What does Lucy do when Edmund is asked about his first trip to Narnia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What gifts are given to the characters by Father Christmas, and what do those gifts say about the receivers? How do those gifts affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Tumnus was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Valor was a theme of this story that was very important to many of the characters involved. Where does this theme of valor present itself and how do these occurrences affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)