|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter react when he hears the name of the creature he is being taken to meet with?
(a) He is in awe.
(b) He gets very angry.
(c) He feels that he has heard that name before.
(d) He gets sick to his stomach.
2. What are Peter and Susan doing when Edmund and Lucy return from their trip to Narnia?
(a) Playing hide and seek.
(b) Searching frantically for them.
(c) Eating dinner.
3. How long is Lucy in Narnia the first time?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) Several hours.
(d) A full day and night.
4. Why does Lucy feel so guilty and miserable about Mr. Tumnus' arrest?
(a) She really took a liking to Mr. Tumnus.
(b) She knows there is nothing she can do to help him.
(c) She fears she told someone about what he did.
(d) She knows that she is the human who got him in trouble.
5. What kind of creature is Aslan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the beaver's house next to?
2. How does the animal in the forest know who the Pevency siblings are?
3. Why does Edmund go into the wardrobe for the first time?
4. What is the occupation of the man the Pevency children are sent to live with at the beginning of the book?
5. Who leads the Pevency children away from Mr. Tumnus' cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Pevency children stay warm while they are in Narnia together, and how do they look?
2. Why are the Pevency children not able to play outside when they first come to live with their uncle?
3. Who is in charge of Narnia at the beginning of the book, and what does she do?
4. How do the Pevency children respond when they first hear Aslan's name?
5. How does Lucy feel when she learns that Mr. Tumnus has been arrested, and what does she want to do about it?
6. What does Lucy say she is happy about when she sees Edmund in Narnia for the first time?
7. What does the queen make for Edmund when she first meets him, and how does she do this?
8. Why does the beaver tell the Pevency children that they must leave his house just after they eat their dinner?
9. Why does Edmund first enter the wardrobe, and what happens?
10. What makes Lucy the most miserable after her first trip to Narnia?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)